onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

US Presidential race

JOHNNYAITCH

You have to take advantage of an in, swallow pride and do the right thing for the country. A good trading agreement with the US would give us massive leverage in our EU negotiations.

As far as I can tell Nigel has never negotiated anything in his political life successfully..he's been a political agitator and led a protest group which portrayed itself as a political party with much success..although even that was IMO due to the weaknesses of Cameron more than anything else..Thatch would have seen him off easily.

It will be interesting when the Trumper writes his memoirs to read what he really think of Nigel cos to be honest I reckon he's made use of him and he'll be history soon.

Advert

It's the same mentality that in some wanted Leon Brittan to have committed the crimes that he was accused of..so they can be proven right about him and nasty Tories...they actually wanted those crimes to have happened. He was even branded a nonce on here...no apology or admission of being wrong after it was all dismissed of course.

Apparently it wasn't all down to the bloke named 'Nick'?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/leon-brittan-sex-abuse-allegations-victim-says-he-was-coerced-to-make-false-claims-a6683901.html

As far as I can tell Nigel has never negotiated anything in his political life successfully..he's been a political agitator and led a protest group which portrayed itself as a political party with much success..although even that was IMO due to the weaknesses of Cameron more than anything else..Thatch would have seen him off easily.

It will be interesting when the Trumper writes his memoirs to read what he really think of Nigel cos to be honest I reckon he's made use of him and he'll be history soon.

Any in is better than no in...

After two campaigns which have focussed on division and at times more than flirted with open racism I would't want Nigel Farage to represent the UK in anything but the World Spontaneous Combustion Championships.

Or the Hypocrite of the Year Awards. Wasn't he the bloke who laid into Obama for expressing an opinion on the Referendum saying it was nowt to do with him? Then next minute he turns up on a platform with Trump campaigning in the US election? Surely that was nothing to do with him?

I'm still gobsmacked people voted for Trump, in their millions. It's mental.

If you vote for someone who thinks it's ok to grab a woman "by her p****", ban a whole religion from entering the country and build a wall with their neighbours, insinuating they're all criminals, then do you find this acceptable behaviour? If you don't find it acceptable, you couldn't bring yourself to vote for the man surely?

Theres been a reference on this thread to justify Trumps comments about Mexicans, by associating them with violent/gun crime yet fail to mention the Aurora shooting, Columbine or Waco to name just 3.

If you vote for someone who thinks it's ok to grab a woman "by her p****", ban a whole religion from entering the country and build a wall with their neighbours, insinuating they're all criminals, then do you find this acceptable behaviour? If you don't find it acceptable, you couldn't bring yourself to vote for the man surely?

Theres been a reference on this thread to justify Trumps comments about Mexicans, by associating them with violent/gun crime yet fail to mention the Aurora shooting, Columbine or Waco to name just 3.

Aurora , Columbine and the Waco killings were all committed by US citizens, just like the Dunblane massacre was committed by a UK citizen.

The point is , had the illegal immigrants not been in the US at the time, the murders they committed wouldn't have happened. Simple really.

They're not all from Mexico either, as there are plenty of gangs here , formed by illegals, from Honduras, Colombia, Guatemala and Panama.

I gave a shooting by a Mexican as an example, as it happened to friends of mine.

In the post election fall-out there can be no doubt in my mind the media's role to persuading the electorate has been anything but honest - particularly the social media (including Wikipedia).

Most of you will know I'm not a devotee of the social media choosing instead to read the tabloids and broadsheets for my daily updates. Sadly, in today's 24/7 in your face media I find myself wondering what is the real truth of it all.

Aurora , Columbine and the Waco killings were all committed by US citizens, just like the Dunblane massacre was committed by a UK citizen.

The point is , had the illegal immigrants not been in the US at the time, the murders they committed wouldn't have happened. Simple really.

They're not all from Mexico either, as there are plenty of gangs here , formed by illegals, from Honduras, Colombia, Guatemala and Panama.

I gave a shooting by a Mexican as an example, as it happened to friends of mine.

And had American gun laws been more sensible, Columbine and Aurora would not have happened. Simple really.

Let me put it another way, had Trump focused on the attorcities committed by US citizens and not crimes committed by Hispanics, and had he suggested changing the gun laws rather than building a wall between the US and Mexico, would he have garnered the same support and won the election?

In the post election fall-out there can be no doubt in my mind the media's role to persuading the electorate has been anything but honest - particularly the social media (including Wikipedia).

Most will you know I'm not a devotee of the social media choosing instead to read the tabloids and broadsheets for my daily updates. Sadly, in today's 24/7 in your face media I find myself wondering what is the real truth of it all.

Facebook rightly getting a lot of stick for allowing sites to stay up that contained blatant lies about both Trump and Clinton...or fictional stories that it was not immediately obvious were not true.

IMO you can only hope to get at the truth by going to a plethora of sources....easier said than done

And had American gun laws been more sensible, Columbine and Aurora would not have happened. Simple really.

Let me put it another way, had Trump focused on the attorcities committed by US citizens and not crimes committed by Hispanics, and had he suggested changing the gun laws rather than building a wall between the US and Mexico, would he have garnered the same support and won the election?

Probably not..he did what he did to win. I don't agree that you do whatever is required to win, that the ends justify the means..but oddly that's part of what attracted many to him..he achieves his goals

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ivor_Novello_Award_winners

Completely unjustified, I'm not her biggest fan but she's critically acclaimed and in some esteemed company.

She's very fortunate to have have been born into a wealthy family but doesn't it show more to her character that she cares about world issues, expresses opinions,uses her status to raise awareness and appears to want to help people. I know little about the day to day life of a Syrian or refugee in the Jungle but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't do something to help. It would have been far easier for her to have married a hedge fund manager and voted tory all her life.

I stand by my comments--she'd be better concentrating on improving her singing and leave the politics to people who have something relevant, informed and sensible to say!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ivor_Novello_Award_winners

Completely unjustified, I'm not her biggest fan but she's critically acclaimed and in some esteemed company.

She's very fortunate to have have been born into a wealthy family but doesn't it show more to her character that she cares about world issues, expresses opinions,uses her status to raise awareness and appears to want to help people. I know little about the day to day life of a Syrian or refugee in the Jungle but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't do something to help. It would have been far easier for her to have married a hedge fund manager and voted tory all her life.

How many refugees has she taken in? How much of her vast wealth has she actually given up to make things better for them? I don't know the answer..would be interesting to know her contribution beyond crying on the telly.

Caring isn't about how you feel it's about what you do..I suppose being filmed telling everyone how much you care is doing something

How many refugees has she taken in? How much of her vast wealth has she actually given up to make things better for them? I don't know the answer..would be interesting to know her contribution beyond crying on the telly.

Caring isn't about how you feel it's about what you do..I suppose being filmed telling everyone how much you care is doing something

For celebrities,any publicity is good publicity,ask Lineker?

I thought about this yesterday, i dont think people voted for trump, i think they just voted republican.

Pretty similar to i wouldnt vote for corbyn as hes a hypocritical plank who looks like a garden gnome, but i would vote labour.

Archived