onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

US Presidential race

JOHNNYAITCH

Proportionatley I don't think America has a bigger problem in terms of those who wish to do harm but there are sections of the community where gun crime is much moore prevalent, if the UK had similar laws the problem would be proportionatly the same.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/social-mobility-memos/2015/12/15/guns-and-race-the-different-worlds-of-black-and-white-americans/

The problem is more to do with the number of guns in circulation and their availabliity, given the best laws/controls/rules and regulations those determened will get their hands on a gun.

Consider a routine Police traffic stop, no one should end up killed but when the car driver may have a gun and refuses to follow the officers intructions then the whole equation changes and the awful events recently seen occur. It's not about race but about accepting law and order.

It's also about US citizens believing completely in their right to bear arms. We don't have that mentality over here and it will be desperately difficult to change the mindset in the USA.

Advert

Proportionatley I don't think America has a bigger problem in terms of those who wish to do harm but there are sections of the community where gun crime is much moore prevalent, if the UK had similar laws the problem would be proportionatly the same.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/social-mobility-memos/2015/12/15/guns-and-race-the-different-worlds-of-black-and-white-americans/

The problem is more to do with the number of guns in circulation and their availabliity, given the best laws/controls/rules and regulations those determened will get their hands on a gun.

Consider a routine Police traffic stop, no one should end up killed but when the car driver may have a gun and refuses to follow the officers intructions then the whole equation changes and the awful events recently seen occur. It's not about race but about accepting law and order.

a cop has to think quickly if someone appears to pull a gun otherwise he's dead, self preservation then kicks in. it's pointless mentioning the ok coral syndrome as those same people would fill their pants if they found themselves in the same situation.

It's also about US citizens believing completely in their right to bear arms. We don't have that mentality over here and it will be desperately difficult to change the mindset in the USA.

I think that hits the nail on the head. Much more trivial but it's similar to our drinking culture..it's part of what we are and we in many ways just have to accept the (lesser) consequences.

Cannot see Trump trying to do anything about it

Interesting to see him filling key positions with non-politicians..what he and many will see as 'doers'..we'll see how they deal with all the political blockers in their way

There's enough evidence to suggest there are issues with race and the police in The US. Even video evidence of it happening. But I agree that the issue starts with the love affair with guns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The people I named in my post but you cut out?

I didnt quote your post so didnt cut out anything and I didn't ask who you were referring to..that's obvious cos your post is directly above mine.

Let me try again...what relevant characteristics in your eyes do they have? In that context what do you mean by "such people"? "such people" doesn't mean anything otherwise. Is it that none of them have heard of Port Vale?��

Bannon, Sessions are the such people, perhaps we could now add Farage to the list. A more obnoxious list of people you would struggle to find. QUOTE=JOHNNYAITCH;681278]I didnt quote your post so didnt cut out anything and I didn't ask who you were referring to..that's obvious cos your post is directly above mine.

Let me try again...what relevant characteristics in your eyes do they have? In that context what do you mean by "such people"? "such people" doesn't mean anything otherwise. Is it that none of them have heard of Port Vale?��

Archived