onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Isis - Palmyra

TheSage

Advert

Saudi Arabia human rights abuse is almost as bad as Isis.http://rt.com/news/237625-saudi-executions-unprecedented-amnesty/#.VPfeUwClbhk.twitterYes

Perhaps they are but I would like to see a quantitative comparison before believing a statement that "Saudi Arabia human rights abuse is almost as bad as Isis".

That statement could probably be made about any of the current Arab regimes with the possible exception of Jordan.

The rise of ISIL is justification enough for any political party to fight to keep our Nuclear deterrent Trident. If we were ever to face an ISIL who have Nuclear weapons at their disposal we are all truly in danger..they would fire the rocket at us and America.

The rise of ISIL is justification enough for any political party to fight to keep our Nuclear deterrent Trident. If we were ever to face an ISIL who have Nuclear weapons at their disposal we are all truly in danger..they would fire the rocket at us and America.

In the unlikely event that they got their hands on such technology, would it still be a deterrent against an enemy who's prepared to die for its cause?

So where would we fire our missile?

ISIS have no HQ, no nation, no seat of government, no industrial centre. In short, nothing to attack with a nuclear weapon.

All using a nuclear bomb would achieve is the death of countless innocent civilians. Those that would survive may then only end up turning to ISIS in response.

In respect of global terror organisations, nuclear weaponry is no deterrant. In fact, its utterly useless.

"By and large ceased", if you know different let's see your evidence.

You could make a very strong argument that successive Israeli governments have continued to kill and persecute Palestinians to further their Ultra-Zionist ideology, itself often rooted in fundamentalist Judaism.

Just to make it clear, that isn't an argument against Israel's existence or its people at large, but rather the prominent extremist elements that can, and do, routinely dominate its government.

So where would we fire our missile?

ISIS have no HQ, no nation, no seat of government, no industrial centre. In short, nothing to attack with a nuclear weapon.

All using a nuclear bomb would achieve is the death of countless innocent civilians. Those that would survive may then only end up turning to ISIS in response.

In respect of global terror organisations, nuclear weaponry is no deterrant. In fact, its utterly useless.

The deaths of countless innocent civilians has always been the price of dropping the bomb.

See what happens when we meddle.

Was it worse before we got involved in removing leaders or is it worse now? I know what I think.

The deaths of countless innocent civilians has always been the price of dropping the bomb.

Was it worse before we got involved in removing leaders or is it worse now? I know what I think.

I know what you think too - and you are right. Look at the shambles that is Libya, and the resultant migration figures leaving from there to cross the Med - a humanitarian disaster for the poor wretches themselves, and for the European nations that cannot handle waves of people on this scale.

You could make a very strong argument that successive Israeli governments have continued to kill and persecute Palestinians to further their Ultra-Zionist ideology, itself often rooted in fundamentalist Judaism.

Just to make it clear, that isn't an argument against Israel's existence or its people at large, but rather the prominent extremist elements that can, and do, routinely dominate its government.

Yes you can make that case which is why I used the phrase by and large. However, I don't hear or see the aftermaths of Jewish people crashing planes into buildings, planting bombs, murdering and beheading people in many countries around the world.

Islam, isn't the problem, Religion in general isn't the problem; people are the problem. There are bad eggs of every colour creed and religion. To blame a whole religion on the acts of a minute percentage is ridiculous, ignorant and narrow minded. As an example how many of the "I'm not racist but.." crowd bang on about Rotherham but then are incredibly quiet on the ten Caucasian blokes recently arrested and charged from Kidsgrove?

Islam, isn't the problem, Religion in general isn't the problem; people are the problem. There are bad eggs of every colour creed and religion. To blame a whole religion on the acts of a minute percentage is ridiculous, ignorant and narrow minded. As an example how many of the "I'm not racist but.." crowd bang on about Rotherham but then are incredibly quiet on the ten Caucasian blokes recently arrested and charged from Kidsgrove?

Why,what's happened in Kidsgrove?:unsure:

That doesn't justify it though, or explain why it could be a conceivable resolution to this issue.

Plus, the use of WMDs is about as meddlesome as you can get.

In any case, Britain has been heavily involved in regime change for centuries, so its rather difficult to pinpoint when it would have been best to drop the habit for good.

But, in hindsight, removing Saddam does appear to have backfired in many ways. For all of his very, very grim faults, it does seem that his secular and singular authority kept the development of this kind of movement at bay.

I suppose the aftermath is, in certain ways, quite a bit like what happened with the Balkans post-Tito.

However, I don't hear or see the aftermaths of Jewish people crashing planes into buildings, planting bombs, murdering and beheading people in many countries around the world.

To a very large extent that is due to the arms and methods available to Israel (and all developed nations) in comparison to the groups you're referring to.

The shelling of young children playing on a beach by the Israeli navy, for example, is comparable to many of the acts of terror committed by Hamas.

Archived