onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Achille Campion

JYVALE

No out and out striker on the bench at home is not good enough. Especially as they were always going to come for the draw. Once they got ahead they shut up shop and with both strikers having an off day we had no real attacking option. Stick Nimely on the bench for god sake even if his attitude is poor. Leaving two out of form strikers on the pitch is not only no good for the team but it's no good for their confidence!

Advert

Surely he deserves a chance.

He came on and scored against Bradford then started at Bristol and that's it.

Our strikers have scored once between them in the last 5 games.

We won't go up or down, so let's give him or nimely or a youngster a go, let's fact it they can't do any worse.

will nimelys dad let him play ?

He's scored **** loads in the reserves and scored when being brought on against Bradford. Why doesn't he deserve at least a place on the bench? You need have a day off.

Yes, Yukon, you need have a day off. Definitely. You need have a day off.

I do think that if JYVALE starts disagreeing with you, then you're definitely fighting the right corner. But, yes, you need have a day off.

I'm sad to say it but things just aren't working with Pope at the minute. I think it's more to do with the team & how they play when Toms playing as opposed to anything TP is particularly doing wrong though he does look tired.

Can't see how Campion could do worse that BW or TP at the minute. Yes we won 3 on the bounce and TP got the winner in one & set up MM vs Doncaster but neither he nor BW have been prolific this season.

Can't see what more Campion can do. He scores for fun in reserves & he's playing against kids so it doesn't count. Then he comes into first team and scores off the bench vs Bradford & it was a lucky shinner (personally I thought it was a proper goalscorers goal) then he starts against the best defence in the division & isn't seen again.

I presume he'll get a chance when he ****ing deserves one!

Jesus, there is some painful regurgitation of the same nonsense on this thread

People are allowed an opinion even if that is different to the Managers. If we all just sat back and said the manager knows what he's doing and I don't have an opinion football would be very boring. Do you agree with all his decisions? I appreciate he sees these players every day, I however judge based upon what I see which I am entitled to do. With that in mind Campion would be in the squad, especially in view of our recent scoring record from the forwards.

I'm sad to say it but things just aren't working with Pope at the minute. I think it's more to do with the team & how they play when Toms playing

After we have just picked up 9 out of 12 points, conceding zero goal from open play in 4 games ?

Jimmy Greaves would never have been picked for his work rate (one of the reasons Alf Ramsey didn't play him in 1966!) but he was a natural goalscorer. Gary Lineker was also an ace goal-poacher. I haven't seen him play, an don't know by what standards Achille Campion is being judged. But I do know that a naturally gifted striker is like gold dust, so why not give him more of a chance? Our goals-for record this season, isn't exactly of net-busting proportions, so why not? What have we got to lose?

I presume he'll get a chance when he ****ing deserves one!

Jesus, there is some painful regurgitation of the same nonsense on this thread

Isn't the whole purpose of a football forum to debate and give opinions. If we all went down the line of 'Manager knows best' then OVF wouldn't exist....a forum which you are a regular contributor too.

...so I don't quite understand where you are coming from to be honest.

Page gave an untried 19 year old a chance of playing in the first team and he has been a revelation - Not by accident or because all those around him made him "look Good"

SO if he was willing to take a chance on him, why so reluctant to try new forwards,

Archived