onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

PortVale4Life

Oh right lets all blame Pope for a rubbish team performance. True Tom had a poor game but don't lets all jump on his case. The truth is most of the team were useless tonight but lets all blame one man eh, pathetic.

Smurf said last night that Tom needs to concentrate on getting his career back on track.....now i am putting 2+2 together and probably making 7 but does he know something we dont(there have been rumours of smoking and drinking) and last night he did play like i act after a Saturday night out.

Advert

Although to be fair Old Sage, you could turn that around and say we thought the same when Richards left. I remember a certain Andy Jones, who would run rings around Pope. We didn't do too badly in the following years of him departing.

The difference now is we don't have the likes of Bratt and Co in charge. Yes at times Smurf has made some PR gaffs, but I honestly don't think you can knock his passion and I believe he has now got the bug and loves the Club as a fan. A lot of what he says is to get a reaction, and I do get the impression he will back Page to rebuild the Squad, whereas with the previous lot it was bargain basement signings. Of course its always a gamble, but the Club is far bigger than Tom.

Did anyone hear Smurf on Radio Stoke last night before the game? I'm certain I heard him saying there might be a chance of keeping Innis for next Season?? So he seems keen to recruit well, but not to fussed about Pope leaving. Not only that but other bits and bobs over the last few months where reading between the lines, I just get the impression Norman just doesn't think Pope is performing well enough.

He said he hoped to keep him until the end of the season and then beyond that,he said it wasnt financial with Innis its that we can offer him what he wants and thats stability or something like that

He said he hoped to keep him until the end of the season and then beyond that,he said it wasnt financial with Innis its that we can offer him what he wants and thats stability or something like that
There will have to be an attempt to reduce his yellow cards, one every game will end in trouble and he will become a marked man by the opposition and also referees. But dont ask me how.

I hear what you are saying One step and at least you offer a good sensible debate. I welcome change from Pope's c**p or even worse. I do think that Tom also hates the long ball pumped up to him from defence. He is very easy to mark when he has his back to the opposition's goal when all he can hope for is a flick on which Ben Williamson rarely reads. Popey comes to life with decent crosses from the wings but sadly how many good crosses has he been offered of late? In my book he is along with Bradford's Hanson the best header of a ball in L1.

I tried your darkened room routine One Step but after walking into the bed and stubbing my toe all I had was a blooded toenail and still couldn't see a better replacement on our books at the present time.

I will mourn if Tom leaves like I did when we lost other good players like the young Brian Horton and Gareth Ainsworth. These were never replaced and our GREAT team suffered relegation a short while later. I just hope that this doesn't repeat it's self.

If Popey reads these postings and I sincerely hope he doesn't I bet the comments made by so many don't do a lot for his confidence or his loyalties.

If he his that loyal he should shut up about contracts until the time that smurf has stated.

pope is merely replying in the open media to comments made in the open media by smurf

my preference is that no comments were made by either party

pope had a stinker last night as did marshall, moore, robertson, brown, dicko and williamson, that many players having below par performances led to a shocking first half

pope is merely replying in the open media to comments made in the open media by smurf

pope had a stinker last night as did marshall, moore, robertson, brown, dicko and williamson, that many players having below par performances led to a shocking first half

Harsh, Moore did okay and I think Dicko had a good game

All of the others mentioned performed much better than pope. Moore and Dickinson were alright I though.

He must be the easiest player to mark in the division. If you are strong, tall and can head the ball then how else is Pope going too effect the opposition? We need to stop building our play around an average player. The sad thing is, Page doesn't have the balls to drop him which stinks.

Archived