onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

PortVale4Life

Im ready for a bucket load of abuse but here we go.

What is Pope's role in this side exactly?

To hold the ball up? Win headers? Covert crosses?

Thats what I always thought, but since returning from injury I havnt seen anything from him other than a decent pass against Doncaster.

It seems to be Pope needs to spent more time on the training ground rather than writing articles about why certain team mates arent ready and why leaving contracts to a later date is a bad idea.

Here is an idea Tom, start performing otherwise you wont even get offered a contract at all, plus stick to the football as you have no right to start talking about other players.

Please can we have the Pope of early last season/league 2. A player that was clinical and bullied defenders.

Tonight was the worst Ive seen pope in some time, its fair enough having an off night, but putting in exactly no effort and trudging around the pitch as if its your teammates fault isnt good enough.

Change up top for me on saturday, hopefully being dropped will wake the lad up.

Advert

Oh right lets all blame Pope for a rubbish team performance. True Tom had a poor game but don't lets all jump on his case. The truth is most of the team were useless tonight but lets all blame one man eh, pathetic.

Im not blaming him for the defeat, im saying he had another poor match!

Stop defending the lad, he can do no wrong!

I agree he had a poor performance but he shouldn't be dropped - because really, who else do we have. Williamson?

Pope is often overrated and I remember before his injury he wasn't playing great - until he had one great game and then got injured.

The problem with Pope playing is our front line is always static so we resort to hoofing it up to him - Williamson does not know how to play off Pope and is never there to get the ball if Pope manages to win the header. This is a not a good style of play.

I agree he had a poor performance but he shouldn't be dropped - because really, who else do we have. Williamson?

Pope is often overrated and I remember before his injury he wasn't playing great - until he had one great game and then got injured.

The problem with Pope playing is our front line is always static so we resort to hoofing it up to him - Williamson does not know how to play off Pope and is never there to get the ball if Pope manages to win the header. This is a not a good style of play.

We dont have much else, but I think it may take dropping pope to possibly wake him up and realise he is droppable.

Im not blaming him for the defeat, im saying he had another poor match!

Stop defending the lad, he can do no wrong!

And for you he can't do anything right. Cuts both ways doesn't it? who put in the Vale's best effort of the match? Oh yes Popey which was headed off the line.

Im ready for a bucket load of abuse but here we go.

What is Pope's role in this side exactly?

To hold the ball up? Win headers? Covert crosses?

Thats what I always thought, but since returning from injury I havnt seen anything from him other than a decent pass against Doncaster.

It seems to be Pope needs to spent more time on the training ground rather than writing articles about why certain team mates arent ready and why leaving contracts to a later date is a bad idea.

Here is an idea Tom, start performing otherwise you wont even get offered a contract at all, plus stick to the football as you have no right to start talking about other players.

Please can we have the Pope of early last season/league 2. A player that was clinical and bullied defenders.

Tonight was the worst Ive seen pope in some time, its fair enough having an off night, but putting in exactly no effort and trudging around the pitch as if its your teammates fault isnt good enough.

Change up top for me on saturday, hopefully being dropped will wake the lad up.

Will never happen. Page ain't got the balls/experience to be brave with decisions. Sign of the best managers. Tonight naming an unchanged side was the easy choice and made last Saturday night imo. He bigger up players all week who let him down.

for me we should research opposition and play accordingly which if nothing else would keep them guessing and fringe players keen....page will keep picking favourites and hoping for something to happen easy to combat with a bit of scouting.

Pope is playing into smurf hands perfectly as at this rate he will have nothing else on the table and we get him on the cheap (hoping he springs into life again and has another good season??!!??) Would it be so bad if he did leave (never thought I would say this) but we were ok in his absence and tonight seemed to add very little but encourage the pointless long ball tactic so not really....plus had a fiver on him score every game so not happy with the boy since his return...not doing it Coventry hoping that was the jinx feed the Pope!!

And for you he can't do anything right. Cuts both ways doesn't it? who put in the Vale's best effort of the match? Oh yes Popey which was headed off the line.

Dont be silly!

That was the best effort of the match? Did you miss Williamsons header?

Stop defending him at every angle, if JMW had put that performance in you would be going daft.

I said in my original post that Pope was an excellent player, I want to see performances of those of two seasons ago, but he looks half the player. And it isnt just tonight, its becoming a regularity.

Agree with the OP.

Pope needs to stop going on about his contract, as if he is entitled to one, and start putting in the performances.

He was absolutely dreadful tonight. He won about 2 headers and gave the ball away constantly. Williamson's hold up play was miles better.

Archived