onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

PortVale4Life

Advert

Hi Mike,the great shame is that all those who knocked him earlier in the thread are silent but will soon chirp up if he has another bad game.

Makes me wonder sometimes whether they are Vale fans at all as they only seem happy when we are struggling.

However I then heard Chris on Radio Stoke who sounded really disappointed we had won and tried to find ever possible reason why we are basically not good enough.

He finished with a corner ... If we hadn't had Marshall and O'Connor playing we might have lost it..... with only nine men Chris we probably woild have done ;) Seriously man if any side at any level didn't have their two best performing players on the pitch they would probably lose.

It's Saturday night, Vale have won :D

Hi Mike,the great shame is that all those who knocked him earlier in the thread are silent but will soon chirp up if he has another bad game.

Makes me wonder sometimes whether they are Vale fans at all as they only seem happy when we are struggling.

However I then heard Chris on Radio Stoke who sounded really disappointed we had won and tried to find ever possible reason why we are basically not good enough.

He finished with a corner ... If we hadn't had Marshall and O'Connor playing we might have lost it..... with only nine men Chris we probably woild have done ;) Seriously man if any side at any level didn't have their two best performing players on the pitch they would probably lose.

It's Saturday night, Vale have won :D

I've not been silent. I made it known that me and many others were not impressed with him since his return from injury. 1 goal in 10 before today isn't good enough for your star striker and he was the worst player on Tuesday. I said before the game id love him to go and show us what he can do and he did that today, I've still seen pope play better but hopefully that goal can get him back on track. I'm more than happy to admit he had a good game today (I want him to have as many good games as possible) he now needs to keep it up.

Well done Tom you did your talking on the pitch today.

As he usually does and when he has a 'stinker' like on Tuesday he has the guts to come out and say it. Some folks on here are just a bit too quick to get on their keyboard and criticise - especially those who don't go to the match!

As he usually does and when he has a 'stinker' like on Tuesday he has the guts to come out and say it. Some folks on here are just a bit too quick to get on their keyboard and criticise - especially those who don't go to the match!

I personally thought he was due some critism, but I'm delighted he's answered it in the perfect way.

593 good post and we all are entitled to opinion. I am surprised if Tom has had ten starts since coming back from injury just shows how quick the season goes.

What I was annoyed by was people saying he has performed poorly lately when in fact commentators and media were praising his game (Tuesday excluded of course) but everyone has an opinion.

593 good post and we all are entitled to opinion. I am surprised if Tom has had ten starts since coming back from injury just shows how quick the season goes.

What I was annoyed by was people saying he has performed poorly lately when in fact commentators and media were praising his game (Tuesday excluded of course) but everyone has an opinion.

Oh sorry I think today was his 6th back from Injury, he hadn't scored in a few before it.

I've not been silent. I made it known that me and many others were not impressed with him since his return from injury. 1 goal in 10 before today isn't good enough for your star striker and he was the worst player on Tuesday. I said before the game id love him to go and show us what he can do and he did that today, I've still seen pope play better but hopefully that goal can get him back on track. I'm more than happy to admit he had a good game today (I want him to have as many good games as possible) he now needs to keep it up.

He does indeed, good start though!

Oh sorry I think today was his 6th back from Injury, he hadn't scored in a few before it.
That is the problem 593 statistics can say anything you want them too. i.e. I'm not sure how many games Pope missed due to injury but I think his 11 goals in the rest of the games which he has featured in isn't a bad ratio. On top of this we shouldn't expect a player who has been out for three months to bounce back on top form. Just keep feeding him and he will do us all proud.

That is the problem 593 statistics can say anything you want them too. i.e. I'm not sure how many games Pope missed due to injury but I think his 11 goals in the rest of the games which he has featured in isn't a bad ratio. On top of this we shouldn't expect a player who has been out for three months to bounce back on top form. Just keep feeding him and he will do us all proud.

Ditto

Archived