onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

PortVale4Life

That is the problem 593 statistics can say anything you want them too. i.e. I'm not sure how many games Pope missed due to injury but I think his 11 goals in the rest of the games which he has featured in isn't a bad ratio. On top of this we shouldn't expect a player who has been out for three months to bounce back on top form. Just keep feeding him and he will do us all proud.

I think it would have probably been better for all parties if he was re introduced to the side slower, a few games coming on for half and hour and a few in the reserves as I don think recently he's looked fit

Advert

Worst player on Tuesday but the one who came closest to scoring. Today my man of the match, scored, tireless, chased everything down defending from the front, lead the line brilliantly. I wonder what games some people watch

Well they watched Tuesday clearly, where as you say he was the worst player. I've made it known on the thread I thought he'd struggled in most matches since his return, I don't think he's been fit and actually don't think there had been enough effort compared to usual. Yesterday he was much better, he wasn't motm for as Marshall and O'connor were both way ahead but still it was a much better performance and one that he can hopefully take forward to the next game and keep getting better and better.

I was one of the many that thought Tom was rubbish on Tuesday. Saturday though he was different class. His tireless running was a noteable improvement and he created loads of panic and mayhem amongst their back four. I know he is his own major critic and I felt he wanted to prove a point to himself as well as the fans that when he is in the mood he can be an absolute pain in the backside to any back four. When Vale have more than half the side playing well Tom seems to pull out all the stops and yesterday the entire team were magnificent and Tom lead the pack brilliantly. Well done Tom, more of that please.

Worst player on Tuesday but the one who came closest to scoring. Today my man of the match, scored, tireless, chased everything down defending from the front, lead the line brilliantly. I wonder what games some people watch

Typical response to someone jumping on their high horse now he's had a decent game. Don't get me wrong he was very good yesterday not man of the match but very good. But he's been poor until now so I don't know what your been watching.

Typical response to someone jumping on their high horse now he's had a decent game. Don't get me wrong he was very good yesterday not man of the match but very good. But he's been poor until now so I don't know what your been watching.

Correct. He scored, played alright but midfield and Marshall were by far the best performers!

Pope's one of them players that needs to be fit and 100%. When he is he's a handful for any defence in the lower leagues, but when he's not he can look like a Conference player. He only recently came back from injury so you have to forgive him for some poor performances, like against Oldham.

He's still Vale's best forward by a country mile and we're quite lucky to still have hold of him considering what he's done over the last 2 or 3 years. The thought of Williamson and Campion leading the attack every week isn't a pleasant one.

pope followed his good away performances at county and walsall with an even better on yesterday

You don't let things drop do you?

Pope was poor at county and at Walsall but got a goal there. He was 100% better yesterday than in those two games. In every way possible his game was better, it's the first time for weeks he's won his headers and chased every lost cause down. Yesterday was far above Walsall and county.

I think it would have probably been better for all parties if he was re introduced to the side slower, a few games coming on for half and hour and a few in the reserves as I don think recently he's looked fit
In an ideal world I would agree but the problem is we haven't got any other player who can lead the line like he does. For my money I would like to see Campion tried out alongside Popey because Pope and Williamson doesn't work.

You don't let things drop do you?

Pope was poor at county and at Walsall but got a goal there. He was 100% better yesterday than in those two games. In every way possible his game was better, it's the first time for weeks he's won his headers and chased every lost cause down. Yesterday was far above Walsall and county.

eh ? let what drop

im agreeing he did good at county and walsall, played a part in excellent team performances

yesterday you are right, just like marshall he had a far far better game

i hope it continues

eh ? let what drop

im agreeing he did good at county and walsall, played a part in excellent team performances

yesterday you are right, just like marshall he had a far far better game

i hope it continues

tom has looked under par but so have several others nice to see him coming back to form.

In an ideal world I would agree but the problem is we haven't got any other player who can lead the line like he does. For my money I would like to see Campion tried out alongside Popey because Pope and Williamson doesn't work.

Is Campion a similar type of player to Tom Pope?

If so may be that Page wants some other type with speed like Willow, or an assist player such as Dodds.

May be that Campion is being saved to replace Tom who is likely to go at the seasons end.

Tom is onto a loser either way. He has to take a cut in pay, but he has a chance, if he can get fully fit and regain his form, that he may be noticed by another club and get a suitable transfer. But I don't think that Page will play Pope and Campion together this or next season.

Archived