onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

a petition...

Davebrad

Advert

Is he match fit? He needs a few reserve games under his belt first...

Seriously, Ray Williams knows his stuff, he's a bit abrasive at times, but he does a good job. Mick's a different character with always a good slant on what's happening.

As an exile, I appreciate them both - not to mention also, Lee Blakeman, and occasionally Phil Bowers, who are always good commentators.

Blakeman said isn't a manager allowed a few mistakes. Possibly, but not the same ones every week.

Yeah that annoyed me. Every week he says page is new to the job and is learning. Well his learning is dragging us further and further down. I understand he could make a team selection wrong once or twice but this is every week.

Is he match fit? He needs a few reserve games under his belt first...

Seriously, Ray Williams knows his stuff, he's a bit abrasive at times, but he does a good job. Mick's a different character with always a good slant on what's happening.

As an exile, I appreciate them both - not to mention also, Lee Blakeman, and occasionally Phil Bowers, who are always good commentators.

To be fair as another exile I think Blakeman is terrible, he tells people what they should think, pretends to know more about Vale than the fans and wanders off the commentary of the game all too often.

Williams hasn't been nearly as bad this season, possibly to do with Adams leaving? He definitely has his favourites and it's crazy how many times he says 'yer know' a game (more than Mark Stein used to say 'like') but he has improved significantly on his performances from last season.

...I think Blakeman is terrible' date=' he tells people what they should think, pretends to know more about Vale than the fans and wanders off the commentary of the game all too often.[/quote']

I agree - he is crap, very amateurish and typical of the Radio Stoke brown-nosing reporters/presenters who are s***-scared of upsetting the local clubs by saying anything remotely critical.

Incidentally, didn't Blakeman used to play in goal for McGarry's 5-a-side team?.....wonder how he got the job?! :rolleyes:

The biggest joke of all though is McGarry - he's just like some bloke that has been dragged from the nearest pub and had a mic shoved in front of him. He can't even pronounce many sportsmen/women's names......and he's the head of the Sports department!

Has there been a really good Radio Stoke football presenter since Ivan Gaskill? Sandoz isn't too bad I suppose, and Acres mainly came across quite professionally until he turned into a full-on biased Stoke fan once they got into the Premier League.

Harsh comments.

I think Blakemans an excellent commentator but dont agree with his opinions often.

Ray Williams has been great on the radio this season. Almost always agree with him.

Think Radio Stoke do a great job covering Vale. Face it, who else does it?

Harsh comments.

I think Blakemans an excellent commentator but dont agree with his opinions often.

Ray Williams has been great on the radio this season. Almost always agree with him.

Good god are you ruddy lot turning into manic depressives or summat. I remember the same being said about John Acres. Well he doesn't seem to be doing too badly for himself on Radio 5 and also BBC1. Compared to some other radio stations, Vale considering we're a 3rd Division football side get excellent coverage. At least Lee and Ray put some passion into their commentaries.

Good god are you ruddy lot turning into manic depressives or summat. I remember the same being said about John Acres. Well he doesn't seem to be doing too badly for himself on Radio 5 and also BBC1. Compared to some other radio stations, Vale considering we're a 3rd Division football side get excellent coverage. At least Lee and Ray put some passion into their commentaries.

Achy knackers was another clown, Radio Stoke seem to have a few recently including Blakeman and Sandos, oh for the good old days of Ivan Gaskell.

I'm mates with Damien Johnson, I will see if he fancies popping down from Humberside! Oh for the days of an actual reporter rather than these jerks forcing their preconceived opinions on folks :)

Harsh comments.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Blakeman and RW dovetail really well, I also like Cullerton and Phil sproson, any one of these 3 with Blakeman is fine by me.

Archived