onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 2 - Peterborough 1 ... Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

Another goal and good performance by Williamson. He's proving that, given a run of starts, he's a good striker for this level.

O'Connor was head and shoulders above anyone else today. My MOTM. Dodds flitted in and out but when he was 'in' he was excellent. Neal continues to show why, for me, he's one of the best keepers in the league.

Page is doing a superb job. We aren't even playing brilliantly but we keep winning games at home. I think the playoffs will be just beyond our reach this season but given the off-season to sort out the defence and bring in his own players we'll have a good season under Page next season.

Another goal and good performance by Williamson. He's proving that, given a run of starts, he's a good striker for this level.

O'Connor was head and shoulders above anyone else today. My MOTM. Dodds flitted in and out but when he was 'in' he was excellent. Neal continues to show why, for me, he's one of the best keepers in the league.

Agreed, that's how I saw it.

O'Connor did play well today, one of his best games for us. Hopefully he keeps up that level of performance. Man of the Match was between Dodds and Neal though.

Burgess, the centre half with the long hair, gave one of the worst displays of central defending I've seen at VP in a long time. Given some of our recent incumbents, that takes some doing. I was amazed by how poor they were.

The first half was as poor as I think I've seen. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it.....this team is currently being influenced way too much by Grew and Glover for my liking, they both need to go and new more, modern progressive coaches brought in. The reason was envident in the first half, so slow and static in possession, although it has to be said Pages selection didn't exactly help. I mean, Birchall for God's sake?? We're at home against a side on a bad run. Ok, he scored, but it was a tap in largely the result of Dodds work. At the moment we are passing for passings sake, it was only in the second half when we went more direct we looked threatening. In addition, can someone tell me what we practice in training in terms of attacking set-plays??? Because first half these were almost schoolboy like. I have to be honest, a mid table finish would be a relief, and then I hope Page has the balls to overhaul things, because for me only Neal, Marshall and Veseli are worth retaining at the moment. Their goal saw some more truly dreadful defending and seems a bit last-gasp all the time with us. I feel we were lucky today, on another day we would have been 3 down at half time - which the performance deserved - were it not for some woeful finishing from their no 30.

The first half was as poor as I think I've seen. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it.....this team is currently being influenced way too much by Grew and Glover for my liking, they both need to go and new more, modern progressive coaches brought in. The reason was envident in the first half, so slow and static in possession, although it has to be said Pages selection didn't exactly help. I mean, Birchall for God's sake?? We're at home against a side on a bad run. Ok, he scored, but it was a tap in largely the result of Dodds work. At the moment we are passing for passings sake, it was only in the second half when we went more direct we looked threatening. In addition, can someone tell me what we practice in training in terms of attacking set-plays??? Because first half these were almost schoolboy like. I have to be honest, a mid table finish would be a relief, and then I hope Page has the balls to overhaul things, because for me only Neal, Marshall and Veseli are worth retaining at the moment. Their goal saw some more truly dreadful defending and seems a bit last-gasp all the time with us. I feel we were lucky today, on another day we would have been 3 down at half time - which the performance deserved - were it not for some woeful finishing from their no 30.

I couldn't go today due to work. Did we lose then mate?

On the money but page had a massive influence at half time , couldn't fault them second half . As for first half Robertson and Dickinson would have been released

Couldn't go today but did listen on the radio. Can't really comment on the match itself but I will say is now pleased I am with this group of players. It's evident that in terms of class certain players aren't really good enough but most of the time they seem to give 110%. It sounded very poor in the first half and similar to chesterfield but the second half showed the character of the players and that's the most impressive thing about this team. It's also nice to hear dodds having another excellent match at home as well as Williamson who is finally proving us wrong and putting in some excellent performances; thought he was the best player at chesterfield as well. Anyway nice 3 point, I can't wait for next week and just hope we put in a good shift again. Would like to see a defender brought in before the game though.

Couldn't go today but did listen on the radio. Can't really comment on the match itself but I will say is now pleased I am with this group of players. It's evident that in terms of class certain players aren't really good enough but most of the time they seem to give 110%. It sounded very poor in the first half and similar to chesterfield but the second half showed the character of the players and that's the most impressive thing about this team. It's also nice to hear dodds having another excellent match at home as well as Williamson who is finally proving us wrong and putting in some excellent performances; thought he was the best player at chesterfield as well. Anyway nice 3 point, I can't wait for next week and just hope we put in a good shift again. Would like to see a defender brought in before the game though.

Why couldn't you go - not enough pocket money?

3 Points are 3 points, many of the players played well although there were a few defensive scares. Rob Page is getting the maximum, if not more than the maximum, out of the players available to him which is a true sign of a quality manager. Fantastic job by him, he also seems to have that bit of luck as a manager. Extend his contract Smurf.

Archived