onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gunmen kill 12 in terrorist attack - Paris

TheJoker

Just because we have a built-in knowledge of right and wrong, doesn't mean we act accordingly. .

Whilst I don't believe that we have a built in knowledge of right and wrong is it your belief that we do and we have this because God instills it in us..maybe part of being made in his image?..and that therefore it changes/grows/gets lost thru experiences in life, what we are taught and so on ?

Advert

You can say we don't know that. But you can also say we know enough to presume we do and live accordingly. Just as you presume their is no Thor, that Scientology is nonsense, that fairies don't live at the bottom of your garden and that the spaghetti monster is the Lord surpreme.

I don't know about your garden , but there are no fairies at the bottom of mine .

Interesting comment by the ever controversial David Starkey last week on Question Time

Islam being 100s of years younger than Christianity is going thru somethuing similar to what Christianity went thru 100s of years ago...that Islam is on the verge iof its own 'reformation'. hadn't heard that mentioned for a while

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2007/sep/28/theislamicreformation

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/raza-rumi/islam-needs-reformation-f_b_6484118.html

I think the idea that you need religion to be moral is not only dangerous but it also puts religious people in a bad light. Where I would say I'm moral because I think its the right thing to do, because I choose to be that way. What Tone seems to suggest is that people are only moral because they follow religion, and if they didn't they would do god knows what?

The idea that you need to follow your God to be moral, means that what follows logically is that if you don't follow your God you are therefore immoral. Isn't that the mind set of a fundamentalist?

The mindset of the expremist certainly and as there are extremists in all faiths my opinion is that it is all religions that are dangerous not any particular one. Although at the moment the muslims are the main threat, they are by no means the only one though.

Oi you, snitch!.......

Is it safe to come out yet?:nailbiting:

I took your test and i scored 2 so no physopathic tendencies, or I lied in the test like any good phsycopath would.

Ah but it's built into the tests that a real pshychopath will lie so they allowed for that; I think you're 'safe'

Whilst I don't believe that we have a built in knowledge of right and wrong is it your belief that we do and we have this because God instills it in us..maybe part of being made in his image?..and that therefore it changes/grows/gets lost thru experiences in life, what we are taught and so on ?

I do believe it is built-in. It certainly gets put aside when we respond to our (also built-in) sin nature - that being our ability to fall victim of evil desires.

I bet John McCain and Sarah Palin would get interesting scores if they had to answer honestly in that psycho test, not to mention an few other people in their great country.

I got 2 in the first test, and then just on average in the 2nd test, though I'm not sure I totally trust these sort of tests. I'd love it if they produced a 100 per cent accurate lie detector test and made politicians answer.

I don't know about your garden , but there are no fairies at the bottom of mine .

But what if you can only see them if you believe?

How can you say for sure their aren't, yet challenge someone who says God doesn't exist? My point was that you can't prove a negative. You can't prove that something doesn't exist. The same argument that you used for saying God might exist, can be used for anything....Thor, spaghetti monsters, and fairies.

The mindset of the expremist certainly and as there are extremists in all faiths my opinion is that it is all religions that are dangerous not any particular one. Although at the moment the muslims are the main threat, they are by no means the only one though.

I tend to agree. Though it depends on whether you include Christian presidents/primeministers as being guided by their religion. George bush was a Christian and went to war. Tony Blair stated his religion guided his decisions. Israel in itself is an religious conflict in itself. It's just that the more powerful have armies and government machines behind them, where as the weak resort to other means. The terrorist/freedom fighter distinction I suppose.

Personally I believe what we see a Christianity is what we see in the west. And my point that religion has been moulded by our civilised morality, not vice versa. It's had to change to fit in with changes we have gone through.

But what if you can only see them if you believe?

How can you say for sure their aren't, yet challenge someone who says God doesn't exist? My point was that you can't prove a negative. You can't prove that something doesn't exist. The same argument that you used for saying God might exist, can be used for anything....Thor, spaghetti monsters, and fairies.

No, really mate, there are NO fairies there. :D

If every animal, insect bird etc x 2 in existence was put on a boat how big would the boat have to be ? what did they eat ? and more importantly who cleaned up all the **** ?

The design/domesnions of Noah's ark are given in the Bible http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c013.html

Hey, God was the architect of this not B&Q so food and **** shovelling were not an issue ;)

Archived