onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gunmen kill 12 in terrorist attack - Paris

TheJoker

Advert

If every animal, insect bird etc x 2 in existence was put on a boat how big would the boat have to be ? what did they eat ? and more importantly who cleaned up all the **** ?

Nobody would actually clean it up but Noah would collect it and use it as fuel for the cooking fires which, incidentally, is why the salty but delicious baconbutty bird is sadly no longer with us.

If every animal, insect bird etc x 2 in existence was put on a boat how big would the boat have to be ? what did they eat ? and more importantly who cleaned up all the **** ?

If God had allowed that huge boat to sink, just assume it did contain all the remaining living creatures. What would be left? If life does only exist on this planet (and despite all our "civilization, nobody has proved there's life anywhere else), what happens if it's destroyed by a meteorite or consumed by the Sun one day? What would be left? Nothing living. Nothing but rocks?

Nobody would actually clean it up but Noah would collect it and use it as fuel for the cooking fires which, incidentally, is why the salty but delicious baconbutty bird is sadly no longer with us.

I think you mean the giant pizza turtle..took a long time to give it a proper name as when they were being shipped back to the Uk for this purpose and for research the crew kept eating them

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2004/jul/31/featuresreviews.guardianreview7

If God had allowed that huge boat to sink, just assume it did contain all the remaining living creatures. What would be left? If life does only exist on this planet (and despite all our "civilization, nobody has proved there's life anywhere else), what happens if it's destroyed by a meteorite or consumed by the Sun one day? What would be left? Nothing living. Nothing but rocks?

If life doesn't exist elsewhere (and that opens up the question that if it has a creator, then why make it so big), then either life would end, or the cycle would begin again over a massive period of time. Not sure what your point is though.

out of interest, would the discovery of single cell organisms in the universe (or evidence of their earlier existence) affect your beliefs as you seem to discount the possibility.

I agree, and don't get me started on growing up Catholic. I still believe in God though, with no religion attached.

To be honest , my biggest fear is that when I die there will be nothing. Just all black and nothing.

The age old question of the centuries.

You'll be dead when you die (to state the obvious) so what difference does it make whether everything is black, white or pink with yellow polka dots, or nothing or everything? It won't have any effect on you. You want know. You'll be dead; either burnt to ashes or buried 6 feet under.

What happens to our souls then? We all have one.

Do we? How do you know? Do we also have chi, or energy, etc and all the other unmeasurable supernatural beliefs people hold? Do dogs have souls? Do ants?

As for worried about what happens after, that's what drives religious belief in my opinion. I have the same thoughts. It's scary but I suppose I was dead for billions of years before I was born and it didn't fuss me then.

Archived