onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ched Evans to sign? Please Smurf NO.

valeparklife

I would personally love him at the club. As a footballer he could still get us into the playoffs, which the club really needs. The only objectors are leftie Southern, feminist women who are nowhere near Vale park. The national furore would give the club some publicity, admittedly bad publicity, but in the long run, everyone in the country will know who Vale are and I reckon gates could increase off the back of notoriety.

I also always hold the view that people deserve a second chance. He has served his sentence and I think we can be proud as a club that we helped get Lee Hughes back into society. I don't buy the idea that third division footballers are role models, young people must have pretty low aspirations if true. The only footballer I looked up to as a boy was Gazza, and I'm not a boozing fat wife beater.

Come on Smurf, show some balls, give Ched a three year deal and stick it to the Daily Mail.

Advert

Killing kids is a harsh way to describe his crime isn't it? It was awful but he made a bad judgement which resulted in something horrific....he didn't go out to kill someone.

Fair point. I was struggling to think of an appropriate example of people in sport who have done very bad things and then restarted their careers afterwards. Mike Tyson clearly wouldn't be a good example. I think I'd better stop posting on this topic and stick to just footballing issues.

I would personally love him at the club. As a footballer he could still get us into the playoffs, which the club really needs. The only objectors are leftie Southern, feminist women who are nowhere near Vale park. The national furore would give the club some publicity, admittedly bad publicity, but in the long run, everyone in the country will know who Vale are and I reckon gates could increase off the back of notoriety.

I also always hold the view that people deserve a second chance. He has served his sentence and I think we can be proud as a club that we helped get Lee Hughes back into society. I don't buy the idea that third division footballers are role models, young people must have pretty low aspirations if true. The only footballer I looked up to as a boy was Gazza, and I'm not a boozing fat wife beater.

Come on Smurf, show some balls, give Ched a three year deal and stick it to the Daily Mail.

It was the Daily Star that printed the story not the Daily Mail.

Please, not another hundred pages about this obnoxious individual.

I would not want a convicted rapist anywhere near the Club. Nor would my wife and daughter.

He can get a job outside football and not get handsomely paid as a role model for his appalling crime. If I'd been in his position I would not be allowed to return to my old job. Nor should he. He can find plenty of other things to do and start to show a bit of remorse and regret for what he did.

I'm pleased to see that NS agrees.

I think you'l find that there are more than "lefty southern ,feminist women" objecting to Evans plying his trade. You may not be a boozing , fat wife-beater, but show some respect for women on here, or is that too much to ask?

Please, not another hundred pages about this obnoxious individual.

I would not want a convicted rapist anywhere near the Club. Nor would my wife and daughter.

He can get a job outside football and not get handsomely paid as a role model for his appalling crime. If I'd been in his position I would not be allowed to return to my old job. Nor should he. He can find plenty of other things to do and start to show a bit of remorse and regret for what he did.

I'm pleased to see that NS agrees.

I don't believe Evans is a predator, just a stupid boy who got caught in an unsavoury situation, with very unsavoury people, the alleged victim included.

I wouldn't fear to be around him so wouldn't have an issue with him being at the club. He maintains his innocence.

What you seem to be saying is that if you are from north of watford, a ukip voter and one of the lads its OK to be a rapist???

Notoriety isnt such a good thing if you consider the notorious... Fred west, Jack the ripper, Albert fish, Shipman, Hitler, Idi Amin, Attila the Hun the list seems endless... should we ask the KKK to sponsor the club?... that would certainly get some publicity

I don't believe Evans is a predator, just a stupid boy who got caught in an unsavoury situation, with very unsavoury people, the alleged victim included.

I wouldn't fear to be around him so wouldn't have an issue with him being at the club. He maintains his innocence.

So rape is just an unsavoury situation then , is it, and Evans is just a stupid boy? He's a rapist, wake up. You are making it sound like it was the victim's fault.

That is fairly common with a lot of people though after a rape, sad as it is.

Rape isnt "unsavoury" its far more serious than that.

He is a convicted rapist and in the eyes of the law he is guilty no matter how much he protests.

Rape isnt a crime committed by accident, its not like something fell off the shop shelf into his handbag, its not committed through stupidity its a willful act and its not committed by accident, I was reaching for something on the top shelf and penetration occurred?... really?

Im not having a go at you LV... but people need to take stock of the crime and its seriousness and not dismiss it so lightly

I'm sorry , if he did sign I for one would not be attending and I think Smurf can kiss his 6000 crowds goodbye , I wasn't too pleased with Lee Hughes , but he served his time showed remorse and put back into the community, that Evans hasn't even admitted it.

Speechless!!!

Archived