onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Scotland v England

For Us All

Advert

Once again you have the opposite opinion to everyone else. It was a good side other than downing and smalling and we played excellent, very high pressure, good passing and some clinical finishing. I personally thought it's the best we've played under Roy. Scotland aren't the best but they are in good form and this is always a big match for them. I swear whenever we win convincingly it's always down to the opposing not performing. Im pretty sure it's down to us playing well as well. Ridiculous comments from you as per usual, nearly as ridiculous as the one suggesting he should be sacked if we failed to win and that Colin Daniel was crap on Saturday.

Is there really much point in these international friendlies when players play far too much already. I have just seen statistics that a Premiership player is 4 times more likely to sustain a serious injury and be out for a month or more than top players in most of the other European leagues where fewer games are played. I suppose it's sheer greed again, and doesn't help British unity, just as well this wasn't scheduled for before the Scottish referendum.

Statistics, how I hate statistics.

Statistics suggest that if they dont play any games at all they wont get injured at all, unless they spend the extra time they have doing DIY at home, in which case they are more likely to get injured at home than if they played football (statistically). So, in summary, they are better off playing more games but avoiding DIY altogether. Also probably better playing football than joining a suicide squad in Syria because the latest statistics suggest they are about 48 times more likely to get injured as part of a suicide squad than they are if they play football.

Surely Theo Walcott on his own accounts for 20% of the total premier league injury statisics, add sturridge and oxlade chamberlain and thats about 70%.

statistics are poo with poo sauce

Namby pamby modern footballers, bunch of "censored by feminists" play too many games? bah!!!!!

Roy did a good job? He picked a crap side, that luckily played against an even worse scottish one, the majority of their players play in the championship. I think you should re-evaluate who is talking trash.

I cant agree with that. I'm not Woys biggest fan but this was a decent performance by a team who were clearly up for it. They had a game plan which they executed perfectly. There was a slight wobble for a short time after a number of substitutions, even then they recovered in the best possible way by scoring again.

Downing was the main negative for me but thats no surprise because he isnt international class. However, he has preformed well for his club recently so its right that Woy had a look at him.

If I was forced to I would say perhaps wilshire could be a bit more alert, he gets caught in possession at times, but I'm being a bit picky because its still the best I have seen him play.

I'm no fan of Hodgson at this level of football and some of his selection can be baffling, but England played well against an in form and determined Scottish side last night and should be given due credit. Smalling, Downing and to a somewhat lesser extent Milner will always be crap and shouldn't be anywhere near any first team, but there were far more positives than negatives to take from the game. Wilshere is looking something like the player he once threatened to be over the last few games in an England shirt, Rooney looked as lively as I've seen him for a long, long time and Clyne at right-back looked like he'd been playing in an England shirt for years, and was up against what was ultimately Scotland's best player by a distance in Robertson.

England have a lot of players that can hurt any team on the counter, and that's the way we should style our game. Be as solid as possible and then hit teams on the break with the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sterling, Barkley, Welbeck and Walcott.

Roy did a good job? He picked a crap side, that luckily played against an even worse scottish one, the majority of their players play in the championship. I think you should re-evaluate who is talking trash.

Roy picked a winning side and isn't responsible for the opposition,even though they had only lost one of the last ten games and that was against Germany.

Archived