onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Clayton Milking It

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

Is the title of this thread going to be the headline for his story ?

2 points - firstly, it is the newspapers that are wrong to offer big money for this sort of tat, not the player for securing his future now that his playing career is coming to an end. Secondly, I still thank him for his contributions at Vale, he was a steady player if not a legend but had some very good games and never did anything to darken the club reputation whilst employed by us.

I apologise if my stance offends dole bludging *******s who are claiming falsely at the same time ;)

I was brought up understanding the difference between right and wrong, it seems it's a novel concept to you :D

Its not about right and wrong it's condescending tone that you adopt that causes offence to a number of fellow Vale fans.

So, because he's a footballer, black and maybe not liked by some people on here, is that any reason to threaten to 'Dob him in' if he makes a few quid on an article? Even in jest, it's a pretty sick thing to threaten. Don't you think he will have an accountant and an agent who will deal with his financial affairs for him? I do.

There are far more worthy cases to be pursued. What about Plebgate Mitchell, who has lied consistently for three years, been happy to ruin careers and then has the cheek to try and extort millions from a newspaper whilst continuing to lie through his teeth. Proved by the justice system. Oh, and all this while he is drawing £67,000 a year as a publicly elected representative, not to mention £130,000 a year in expenses. Should not we, the people of the UK, want to see something done about this? Should he be allowed to get away with all of this? Is he a fit and proper person to be an MP?

Add to that all of the MPs who 'made a mistake' when claiming tens of thousands of expenses they were not entitled to? Why are they allowed to get away with that, when anyone else would be prosecuted for theft/fraud?

Get a life REP, and do something useful!

2 points - firstly, it is the newspapers that are wrong to offer big money for this sort of tat, not the player for securing his future now that his playing career is coming to an end. Secondly, I still thank him for his contributions at Vale, he was a steady player if not a legend but had some very good games and never did anything to darken the club reputation whilst employed by us.

I totally agree re the newspaper but he didn't have to take the money! Under the circumstances though it's clear why he did though.

As for "dobbing" him in, it says he faces turning to benefit not that he's claiming them

His "career" has hit the rocks because where else do you go from being an average League 2 player but the Conference? He may get another club in League 2 at some point but he was never any better than that anyway.

I also find the sob story of football hilarious, "I may have to actually go out and get a job", as though they're a cut above the rest of us and immune from a normal life.

I have some sympathy for him given that he has been proved innocent, but its how you deal with it that becomes important. I wonder how many people would have been able to hold down a full time job going through a similar situation AND deal with being in the spotlight AND having the other person involved constantly in the media which means you get discussed as well. Pretty tough and something ends up on the slide. For him, its his career. For anyone else, could be your family, your health...

Going to the paper and selling your story can work but he should be trying to move on not bringing it all out again. He's probably been misadvised, probably by his agent who has taken a % cut of the fee. You look at how Lee Hughes has moved on or to a lesser extent in how David Beckham went from the most hated man in football to the most important player on the pitch.

There is a time for words and there is a time for putting your head down, keeping quiet and working hard.

I have sympathy for him, but as with most footballers, not gifted in the loft area.

2 points - firstly, it is the newspapers that are wrong to offer big money for this sort of tat, not the player for securing his future now that his playing career is coming to an end.

Rubbish..the newspapers exist to sell papers and if there was no demand for the story they would not be doing the deal, they are doing what they are there for. It's as though anything goes as long as it's securing his future whch can't be right. You insult everyone who will be interested in the story in the Mirror by calling it tat.

Secondly, I still thank him for his contributions at Vale, he was a steady player if not a legend but had some very good games and never did anything to darken the club reputation whilst employed by us.

Indeed..i thank any player who has made a contribution to Vale

So, because he's a footballer, black and maybe not liked by some people on here, is that any reason to threaten to 'Dob him in' if he makes a few quid on an article? Even in jest, it's a pretty sick thing to threaten. Don't you think he will have an accountant and an agent who will deal with his financial affairs for him? I do.

There are far more worthy cases to be pursued. What about Plebgate Mitchell, who has lied consistently for three years, been happy to ruin careers and then has the cheek to try and extort millions from a newspaper whilst continuing to lie through his teeth. Proved by the justice system. Oh, and all this while he is drawing £67,000 a year as a publicly elected representative, not to mention £130,000 a year in expenses. Should not we, the people of the UK, want to see something done about this? Should he be allowed to get away with all of this? Is he a fit and proper person to be an MP?

Add to that all of the MPs who 'made a mistake' when claiming tens of thousands of expenses they were not entitled to? Why are they allowed to get away with that, when anyone else would be prosecuted for theft/fraud?

Get a life REP, and do something useful!

If he's doing it, it's criminal activity and stealing from all of us as tax payers, I dislike all crime so I'd stick to my principles. If you are happy for people to steal that's your problem but to criticise someone for supporting the law and doing good / the decent thing is bizarre in the extreme.

The main point of the thread waste point out the excuses he was making for his failing football career which is actually the sick thing.

If he's doing it, it's criminal activity and stealing from all of us as tax payers, I dislike all crime so I'd stick to my principles. If you are happy for people to steal that's your problem but to criticise someone for supporting the law and doing good / the decent thing is bizarre in the extreme.

The main point of the thread waste point out the excuses he was making for his failing football career which is actually the sick thing.

You're making a lot of assumptions there fella. You don't know if he did get paid for the article or if he is claiming benefits. So I don't see how you can make an assumption on 2 issues and suggest he may be doing something wrong. As you don't know the facts I'm astounded you're passing comments on "Hearsay" whether that be your opinion or not.

Rubbish..the newspapers exist to sell papers and if there was no demand for the story they would not be doing the deal, they are doing what they are there for. It's as though anything goes as long as it's securing his future whch can't be right. You insult everyone who will be interested in the story in the Mirror by calling it tat.

What is amazing is that you think anyone will fall for this rhetoric. Meaningless dross almost like slogans, which could apply to drug-pushers, burglars, or anybody else- 'doing what they are there for'. What a joke you are.

Newspapers are there to inform and report on news, and just because they don't - and choose to write about this sort of nonsense and dumb-down their content, regardless of which tabloid it is - doesn't mean that they shouldn't do what is right and report on news.

Your argument is the argument of the drug pusher, always the same - 'if I didn't do it someone else would,' or 'everybody does it' and is one you have used on post after post on here.

Mirror, Sun, Star or whatever - most tabloid readers won't be insulted by me calling it tat either, they know only too well what they are reading and that's fine - they are more likely to be annoyed by a manipulative shyster like you trying to use them and say when they should or shouldn't be insulted.

You're making a lot of assumptions there fella. You don't know if he did get paid for the article or if he is claiming benefits. So I don't see how you can make an assumption on 2 issues and suggest he may be doing something wrong. As you don't know the facts I'm astounded you're passing comments on "Hearsay" whether that be your opinion or not.

I'm not assuming anything, hence the use of the word if ;)

The majority of comment on a forum is generally based on hearsay. Look up and down the threads today for example.

As I said that wasn't my main point and I was simply replying on that aspect in agreement with another poster.

The main point was that it's embarrasing for a failing footballer to try and lay the blame for his inabilities on this incident when clearly if it hadn't happened he wouldn't have been any higher up the football pyramid.

Archived