onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 4 Yeovil 1 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Nervous first 10 minutes but once we scored our confidence grew and we should have scored 8 at least.

Some good shifts put in by the majority of players. All the midfield worked tirelessly. Pope had his best games for a good while. He never stopped.

I do wonder if Page said the complementary bits about Willo just to keep his confidence up. Personally I thought he didn't work as hard as the other lads and I'm afraid I dint think he is football league standard. I am happy to be proven wrong. He just doesn't seem to defend from the front. He doesn't close down their players and is often caught in on the back foot, half yard off the pace.His decision making is poor, although that may improve with a run in the side I just doubt it.

Whilst some may say that Pope scores more when Willo plays, I do not think this is justification for selection alone. I want someone to partner Tom who not only allows Tom to keep scoring but who actually can score a goal himself.

I thought Zubar was impressive and I wonder where and when Street will end up playing. Maybe we will have a back four of Duffy, Street, Zubar and McGiven.

Satisfied Sunday. I hope this is a more common feeling going forward.

Advert

He needs to improve his fitness then.

Page reckoned on the radio that he had asked Williamson both to play up fron in support of Pope and drop back into midfield to pick up their No 4 when they had the ball. He suggested that this was an absolute knackering role to ask a striker to perform.

Excellent performance. We could have had 7 or 8 quite easily. I've not seen us have that much freedom in midfield for a long time in a game. This gave Lines the chance to play a pivotal role and he was excellent. I thought Marshall, Zubar, Dodds and of course Pope were also very good.

Nice header from Popey for the first, that's the sort of goal he was getting in the promotion season. Beating his marker and well placed in the net!

A good old strikers finish for the 2nd, a shame he didn't get his hattrick but Lines was better placed for the third in the end and he had the chance after that as did Marshall and Daniel before we got the fourth at the end.

All that said I thought Yeovil were pretty dreadful across the park, they passed it round OK but had nothing in either box to threaten consistently. A very poor side on that evidence who could struggle.

Still we can only beat the opposition in front of us and winning our home games will go a fair way to getting us out of the mire and at least up to mid-table!

What a change! Last time I saw Vale (possible Chesterfield) they were disjointed and O'Connor/Lines were strangers.

Back 5 looked solid - Zubar looks a great acquisition.

O'Connor and Lines bossed midfield completely.

Williamson was asked by Page to drop into midfield - this is the sort of tactical intelligence we've been lacking. As soon as the match started I noted they had 3 central midfielders - I turned to my brother and said, we've lost. Well done Page.

Dodds was magnificent I thought. Rarely wasted a ball and shored up the right midfield. Should have been motm.

Daniel - well missed one and scored one. That's 1 in 2 chances. Not bad.

Well done and we certainly didn't look relegation material this time round.

Just watched the highlights on valiant players. All 8.5 minutes of them. We really did play some cracking football didn't we!

Absolutely! Great to see 11 strangers we had a few weeks ago play like a team. Pressing the opposition when they had the ball, that's why Yeovil looked ordinary; then seeing our players working hard to get into space and wanting a pass when we had the ball. Wonderful stuff!

A special mention for Lines. I openly admit I was upset when we re-signed him because I was frustrated with us having such a sublime talent that just wasn't performing. His home performance against Peterborough last season was one of the best I've see from a Vale player in many a year, but he didn't do it from then on. Looks like he has a new lease of life under Page and is making me eat my words. MOTM for me yesterday, continue to prove all us doubters wrong please! Excellent stuff.

We'll done lads and Page. Good luck next week, we may surprise them this time round.

My marks out of 10

Neal 7 looked assured

Yates 7.5

Dickinson 7

Duffy 7.5

Zubar 7

Marshall 8.5

Oconnor 8.8

lines 8.4

Dodds 8.4

Willliamson 8.4

Pope 8.7

Rob page 9.5 ,got the players believing in themselves cannot believe the transition in some of the players for Example Lines is playing the part now tremendously ,doddsy doesnt go missing anymore ,yates is improving ten fold .

fans 5.1 ,i dont know what it was sat but vocally and collectively very poor but it doesnt helpwhen 4500 or whatever it was turn.up .

We need too find a way too make football affordable across the board .

Even though my monthly salary is decent for st7 theres no way if i was minimum wage i could afford go Vale .

As far as im.concerned i would still pay my 18.90 a match for ten games and would it offend me if a bloke/female who earns less than me got in Vale for a cheaper price than me ,no it wouldnt as i want Vale fans in the ground not by there radio,sky sports centre ,shopping with there miserable partners etc .

The atmosphere wasnt good enough for a team whos last two home performances have merited a 6/7 thousand gate.

I felt sorry for Yates as felt he played very well and still had people on his back! I also thought Zubar was brilliant

Thought Zubar showed promise and reports on Streete are good.

But I can't believe you are suggesting Duffy at right back!Decent centre half but right back -no thanks-stick with Yatesy

Nervous first 10 minutes but once we scored our confidence grew and we should have scored 8 at least.

Some good shifts put in by the majority of players. All the midfield worked tirelessly. Pope had his best games for a good while. He never stopped.

I do wonder if Page said the complementary bits about Willo just to keep his confidence up. Personally I thought he didn't work as hard as the other lads and I'm afraid I dint think he is football league standard. I am happy to be proven wrong. He just doesn't seem to defend from the front. He doesn't close down their players and is often caught in on the back foot, half yard off the pace.His decision making is poor, although that may improve with a run in the side I just doubt it.

Whilst some may say that Pope scores more when Willo plays, I do not think this is justification for selection alone. I want someone to partner Tom who not only allows Tom to keep scoring but who actually can score a goal himself.

I thought Zubar was impressive and I wonder where and when Street will end up playing. Maybe we will have a back four of Duffy, Street, Zubar and McGiven.

Satisfied Sunday. I hope this is a more common feeling going forward.

My marks out of 10

Neal 7 looked assured

Yates 7.5

Dickinson 7

Duffy 7.5

Zubar 7

Marshall 8.5

Oconnor 8.8

lines 8.4

Dodds 8.4

Willliamson 8.4

Pope 8.7

Rob page 9.5 ,got the players believing in themselves cannot believe the transition in some of the players for Example Lines is playing the part now tremendously ,doddsy doesnt go missing anymore ,yates is improving ten fold .

fans 5.1 ,i dont know what it was sat but vocally and collectively very poor but it doesnt helpwhen 4500 or whatever it was turn.up .

We need too find a way too make football affordable across the board .

Even though my monthly salary is decent for st7 theres no way if i was minimum wage i could afford go Vale .

As far as im.concerned i would still pay my 18.90 a match for ten games and would it offend me if a bloke/female who earns less than me got in Vale for a cheaper price than me ,no it wouldnt as i want Vale fans in the ground not by there radio,sky sports centre ,shopping with there miserable partners etc .

The atmosphere wasnt good enough for a team whos last two home performances have merited a 6/7 thousand gate.

I'd have given Linesy 8.6 myself :ninja:

Archived