onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 4 Yeovil 1 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

Great game today, all played well,But it we only win cause other play bad, not that we are good team on the day. If we lose we are rubbish, Not that the other team were just to good on the day, keep the faith
oh ok, whats all that all about then bycarspete please??

Great game today hard to pick out any individuals although agree that Pope, Lines and Dodds were excellent and Marshall as usual terrorised Yeovil's defence. Think Colin Daniel has got a lot more to offer and will surprise a few when he is a regular starter. He in my opinion needs to start before Slew who again in my opinion should be shipped back to Blackburn.

No worries with Smurfs comments re Pope he is clever and just playing the game sending out a message to the agents not to **** with him or the club. He has a duty to get best value for the club in terms of wages etc. don't believe he has any intention of letting him go.!!!

I was well chuffed with the way they played today. We only manage 2/3 games a season traveling from York but so far my young lad seems to be their lucky charm. I've only ever known him to see wins!

Thought at first the crowd was quiet, nervous perhaps, you could hear a pin drop at times. It was a bit nervy till the first goal then it livened up a bit.

We did both laugh at the 3rd goal. Whatever the Yeovil manager had said at half time obviously went to pieces after we scored 2 mins into the second half! You could tell their heads had gone after that, and but for some leaning back when shooting, we should have had many more!

Onwards and upwards, out of the bottom 4. If the team show commitment like this under Page we will have no problem this season - mid table perhaps.

was looking forward to the football league show for once tonight, yet its not on. 2/3 of the football league played today, why can't they still show it? all about the championship obviously.

Of course it is, always has been virtually week in, week out. League 1 & 2 normally get around 25-30 minutes combined of a 90 minute programme.

The result was never in doubt once we got the opener. Yeovil were the most ineffectual team I've seen in a long time and were exactly who we needed to play. We all played well but I was a little disappointed in Marshall. He got into really good positions but was wasteful more often than not. When he did cross, we scored but he played with 'a touch of the Jennisons'. Willo and Pope work well together and should always start. Lines played with his old drive again. Dodds and O'Connor were less spectacular but both had solid games. The defence had one of their easier afternoons and it was pleasing to see how angry they were at conceding. Tougher tests to come but it was great to brush Yeovil aside in the manner we did.

Great result, great game in what should have been 7 or 8 if we took all our chances we sponsored the game today and were saying it was difficult picking MOM today as four players really stood out

Lines, Marshall, O'Connor and Popey all had great games but we gave it to Tom as I thought he was back to his best with two goals and leading the line superbly...,had Linesy scored with that other chance then he would have got it but overall very pleased with the scoreline

Now we need to get at least a point at Preston next week to set us up for two very winnable home games after

Archived