onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

mark marshall

bar1

Fully agree with the comments so far and we need to sort his contract out sooner rather than later.

We ought get a song going for him what about (to the tune of 'Love will tear you apart'):-

Mark, Marshall will tear you apart again.

Mark, Marshall will tear you apart again.

Have you ever thought of auditioning on Pox Factor?

You're not the bloke who works in a chicken factory by any chance?

On a more serious / sensible note I too echo the opinions on Mark Marshall and I'm grateful to Micky Adams for signing him as I was disappointed and worried when JMW left.

I love seeing wingers at Vale Park and our pitch is perfect for them and Marshall looks right at home here. Let's hope he puts his name in our memories like Jeffers, Guppy, McCarthy, Ainsworth, etc

Advert

How many people had a quivering bottom lip when the useless Jennison left for pastures new, wondering how we'd replace him?

Fine piece of business.

Blimey - I imagine JMW was hoping to get away from the barrage of abuse he used to get when he left. Marshall is a terrific player and no doubt signing / player of he season material, but let's not use this as an opportunity to sling more dirt on JMW! The guy was a good servant to us, scored 10 goals a season and played a big part in our promotion - give it a rest.

Seeing how good Marshall is is quite funny really, teams subbing full backs who can't cope, and then when the left back thinks he has been let off he switches wings and runs him ragged also! Need to tie him down to a long term deal as teams will be sniffing, need either long term gain from him or a potential windfall.

One thing for me he needs to work on is his crossing, if he adds this to his game and lands the ball consistently in the right areas he could be a top championship player easily. His effort though to beat the man and supply a cross though is a joy to behold.

I suppose it depends if the 1 year contract was our idea or his. He might want to keep his options open for the summer.

True, but then we should offer more money. Prefer him tied down than another player brought in. We are at a point where we should be planning long term. Deciding what our long term plan/ethos is, and bringing in a manager who can fulfil it. That includes getting our best players tied down. We don't want the fresh start of a new manger who then loses the best players because they are all on short contracts. Best outcome would be that by the summer the best players are already tied down and not left to run their contracts down, and the weaker players are replaced.

I am really pleased with what Marshall has done at vale so far since his move to vale in the summer :). he hasn't made a step wrong so far and he is a consistent player and to be honest he always tries his best and he wants to get into the game and from where he has came from having 2 years out of football and then a move to Coventry city last season. it is a massive change around him and I think he has got his football career back on track and let it continue :). I can understand already why Coventry fans wanted to keep him last season and a lot of teams were after him. In my 7 years supporting the vale he has been the best winger I have ever seen playing for the vale :).

What a pity you missed Guppy, McCarthy and Ainsworth. You can't compare them but this is why I think Vale supporters love wingers - not only entertaining but absolute match winners. There's nothing like seeing opposition fullbacks with their heads spinning.

As for Marshall, he looks a real gem and, as his post match interview showed, absolutely with his feet on the ground - except when he's playing then they're flying! :)

Marshall has speed and all the tricks, but needs to work on the end product in terms of finding one of our players with his crosses. He benefited yesterday from the fact than we kept the ball on the floor more and passed it to him. Long may it continue. The young right back who came on at half time, kept him quiet.

Personally, I'd play him more on the right side.

Marshall has speed and all the tricks, but needs to work on the end product in terms of finding one of our players with his crosses. He benefited yesterday from the fact than we kept the ball on the floor more and passed it to him. Long may it continue. The young right back who came on at half time, kept him quiet.

Personally, I'd play him more on the right side.

kept him quiet!? he was a constant threat. the only reason he switched flanks was because they started to double up on him after about 70 mins.

kept him quiet!? he was a constant threat. the only reason he switched flanks was because they started to double up on him after about 70 mins.

James Bree, who came on at HT is 16 years old. Take note Page and Smurf. From what my Barnsley friends think, he'll follow Stones into the England team.

Archived