onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Manchester dogs home fire

Bea Smith

This really upset me, but I was heartened by the following story and hope someone puts these 2 guys forward for a CBE or OBE instead of the usual celebrity trash that get them:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29180099

The 15-year-old 'thing' that started the fire will probably be let off with a fine, I would gladly cut both his hands off myself and I'm sure many others would too.

Special mentions to Simon Cowell who I haven't always been a great fan of, for donating £25k to the dogs home, and the general public who raised £1m in just 24 hours.

And a big black mark to actor Jack P Sheppard (David Platt in Corrie) who thought it amusing to post jokes about 'hot dogs' on the internet after the tragedy. Someone will surely give him a special 'present' for that before long, and I know he did apologise (when advised to by more intelligent associates no doubt) but that's not good enough.

A last point - someone reminded me recently to make sure that pets have enough water put out for them in this long dry spell, birds too appreciate a bowl of water on the garage roof or somewhere accessible.

Advert

The 15-year-old 'thing' that started the fire will probably be let off with a fine, I would gladly cut both his hands off myself and I'm sure many others would too.

Appalling..hope the person who posted this is also charged along with the arsonist

Special mentions to Simon Cowell who I haven't always been a great fan of, for donating £25k to the dogs home, and the general public who raised £1m in just 24 hours.

It has been a marvellous effort

And a big black mark to actor Jack P Sheppard (David Platt in Corrie) who thought it amusing to post jokes about 'hot dogs' on the internet after the tragedy. Someone will surely give him a special 'present' for that before long, and I know he did apologise but that's not good enough

I wonder what they mean by 'special present'..all rather sinister and if anyone does do anything cos he posted an idiotic joke they too will deserve charges

A last pojnt - someone reminded me recently to make sure that pets have enough water put out for them in this long dry spell, birds too appreciate a bowl of water on the garage roof or somewhere accessible.

Echo that..we leave lost of food and water out for the birds throughout the year, neighbour's cats are always visiting and indeed a neighbour's elderly dog has taken to popping in for a snack now and again during the day.

Since we lost our Pusscat in October it's been comforting to look after the neighbours' animals and to help out at the nearby donkey sanctuary. We will consider a successor to Pusscat in the new year from the nearby Blue Cross centre

http://www.bluecross.org.uk/1714-2611/tiverton-rehoming-centre.html

The only thing that is appalling is that you, despite being an animal lover too, would not wish this piece of filth to pay for what is quite frankly a mass murder of innocent creatures who must have suffered and been terrified beyond belief.

If you can't understand why this would make anyone angry enough to say something like that, well...

As for that little ****t Jack P, yes maybe it was meant to sound sinister, I hope he feels less than comfy and safe for a long time - I wouldn't waste my time on him, but maybe someone else will convince him to think first next time.

The only thing that is appalling is that you, despite being an animal lover too, would not wish this piece of filth to pay for what is quite frankly a mass murder of innocent creatures who must have suffered and been terrified beyond belief.

Christ almighty!!!!! Where the hell did I say I did not wish him to pay? Open your eyes (really wide this time) and read my post again.."Appalling..hope the person who posted this is also charged along with the arsonist"

You're not worth discussing this with further when you can't even read posts properly before replying

I would gladly cut both his hands off myself

Johnny you are too ****ing liberal sometimes. Hope the 15yr old *****ster gets what he deserves.

What has this country come to when you can't innocently ask for someone's hands to be cut off without one of the so-called 'PC Brigade' pulling you up about it. It's political correctness gone mad.

**** me...so do I!!!!!!! He does not deserve to have his hands cut off though and it's appalling that someone posted that. Lock the b@$tard arsonist up for the next 20 years by all means

Whilst I can't quite go along with Bea's plan to cut the little scum's hands off, as a person who often finds animals more worthwhile than some people, I can see where the sentiment is coming from.

I think you know there is not only no chance at all that this maniac will get locked away for 20 years, and will not even be imprisoned for 2 years or maybe not even 2 months.

If you don't believe me, someone in my town killed 6 pets in his own road by poisoning recently and was just fined £200. The animals suffered terribly. No wonder people react very strongly against this sort of thing. The local paper actually printed his photograph, though I am fairly sure he will have moved away.

The man in question was 79 years old, and 4 of the pets belonged to a neighbour who had often helped him. So age is of little meaning when this sort of crime exists. The poor woman who owned the pets felt like her children had been murdered.

I think what was also disgusting about this case was that the stupid RSPCA described the fine as 'a satisfactory outcome'.

It's really important that a severe deterrent is handed out foer the Manchester arson - but I would like to end my post on a positive note and say how delighted I was to read that the vast majority our great British public who love animals dug deep to help this dogs home.

many similar organisations are in serious trouble, I know of one cat sanctuary near me that is barely able to cope and depends on about 100 people who give 10 or 20 cans of food a month, plus odd extras. I try to do this myself, If anyone wants to help them pm me and I will send the address.

Whilst I can't quite go along with Bea's plan to cut the little scum's hands off, as a person who often finds animals more worthwhile than some people, I can see where the sentiment is coming from.

I think you know there is not only no chance at all that this maniac will get locked away for 20 years, and will not even be imprisoned for 2 years or maybe not even 2 months.

Doesn't alter the fact that I think he should..the comment was that I didn't want him to pay for his terrible crime which was so off the mark and what i felt I had to respond to

I find this all a bit pathetic, to be honest.

Firstly, the alleged arsonist is 15. A child. So many comments of let's burn him, cut his hands off, hang him (not just on here but all over Fcaebook and the MDH's Just Giving page). His photo has been posted on Facebook, his family have had to be moved and he's not even been tried yet. Again, he's 15 years old. Does anyone know (if he is guilty) why he started the fire, what his intentions were, his state of mind at the time? He might be an incredibly damaged boy. But never mind that, let's get all Springfield on his ass and kill him (or imprison him for a couple of decades).

Secondly, it is really sad that a few dozen dogs were killed in the fire. I care about animals, have volunteered for animal charities in the past and have been a vegetarian for around 30 years. However, the response to this has been wildly over the top. Nearly 1.5 million pounds donated to this place in little over 24 hours?! And that's not taking in to account the absolute mountains of food and bedding donated. I think a bit of perspective is needed. Presumably the home is insured; why the hell do they need over a million pounds? It might be better to examine why the home had dogs in it in the first place. Also, there are som many deserving places that are crying out for the money; the elderly, the young and the vulnerable had had all services decimated over the last few years, the strikers in Doncaster (for example) have been without pay for approaching 3 months yet people are just chucking cash at a couple of dozen dogs? How many bowls of Chum do they get through? People were actually leaving wreathes outside the home?! Nation of animal lovers? Nation of *****wits, more like.

Archived