onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

price increase at vale

melv

Surprise surprise who's jumped on anything that can stir up a bit of commotion at Vale.....

The price increase was stated preseason and as a gesture due to ticketing issues, it was decided that the 1st 3 home games would be at same price...... But don't let that get in the way of a good moan and an opportunity of rustling some feathers.

Gobsmacked you say....

Advert

Surprise surprise who's jumped on anything that can stir up a bit of commotion at Vale.....

The price increase was stated preseason and as a gesture due to ticketing issues, it was decided that the 1st 3 home games would be at same price...... But don't let that get in the way of a good moan and an opportunity of rustling some feathers.

Gobsmacked you say....

I was just bringing it to the attention of other people.Why should i need to moan about as i have a ST so it make's no difference to me.I just don't see many people wanting to pay an extra £3 when the team can't defend or keep a clean sheet for the life of them.Micky asked the fans to get behind the team in his post match interview on Saturday.This will NOT attract more fan's through the gate so they can get behind the team.People are saying that the price is to expensive as it is for this level of football then this extra £3 is added on.

Gobsmacked you say....

How can you see this as acceptable news regardless of when it was originally announced? It's shocking, 25 quid to watch league 1 football is shameful, I thought it was overpriced at 22 quid personally. This paired with our terrible football is going to keep pushing fans away.

How can you see this as acceptable news regardless of when it was originally announced? It's shocking, 25 quid to watch league 1 football is shameful, I thought it was overpriced at 22 quid personally. This paired with our terrible football is going to keep pushing fans away.

Sub 4.5k gate tomorrow night.It wasn't going to be a big gate anyway but this will simply make up some peoples mind for them.The money will stay in their pocket.

You can pay online and collect at the cheaper price

Yes you can, but it is another obstacle in the way of attracting fans. At the moment we need all the fans we can get and I think it is plain lunacy to implement the increase at the moment.

Sub 4.5k gate tomorrow night.It wasn't going to be a big gate anyway but this will simply make up some peoples mind for them.The money will stay in their pocket.

Spot on, maybe a sub 4k gate.it never ceases to amaze me we have low gates so the answer is to whack the prices up.

Nobody posting on this thread should pay £25 because everyone on here has internet access. I know £25 is too much but kicking up such a stink about something that isn't going to affect you is a bit daft. I personally think £20 is plenty at our level by the way.

What if you don't know whether you can go until closer to the game. I thought it had to be in advance.

I was just bringing it to the attention of other people.Why should i need to moan about as i have a ST so it make's no difference to me.I just don't see many people wanting to pay an extra £3 when the team can't defend or keep a clean sheet for the life of them.Micky asked the fans to get behind the team in his post match interview on Saturday.This will NOT attract more fan's through the gate so they can get behind the team.People are saying that the price is to expensive as it is for this level of football then this extra £3 is added on.

Then you were not gobsmacked as you were already aware, but felt the need to sensationalise it.

Whether the move of deciding to increase the prices, before the season started, was a good one is a totally different thing all together. I think it would have been better to go for volume of fans over price, but the easy answer to that is the opportunity to get a good deal is there for all with a season ticket or a mini ST..

In all honesty, the difference of £22 to £25 will not make that much difference to the walk up's as how we're playing at the minute, then £22 would put people off anyway. The attendance tomorrow will be poor, whether that me this seasons prices or last, that's a certainty.

If you have pay as you go mobile phone, gas or electricity then you don't get as good a deal as having a contract. In Vales case, a season ticket is the contract.

Nobody posting on this thread should pay £25 because everyone on here has internet access. I know £25 is too much but kicking up such a stink about something that isn't going to affect you is a bit daft. I personally think £20 is plenty at our level by the way.

Not everyone has internet access at work and don't finish work till 17:00 ish.Which by time they get home will be too late.Are the scanners at the turnstile able to scan the ticket on a phone or has it got to be a printed ticket?BTW even though it isn't going to affect me i still think it stink's.

Not everyone has internet access at work and don't finish work till 17:00 ish.Which by time they get home will be too late.BTW even though it isn't going to affect me i still think it stink's.

If you really want to go somewhere you find a way. If these people you know that work late and have no internet access are really struggling, then can you or someone you know kindly go online for them? ... But what if the internet is down? What if they don't get paid til the end of the month? What if they have a flat tyre on the way from work? What if they just can't be arsed to ****ing go?

I see what you mean.

If you really want to go somewhere you find a way. If these people you know that work late and have no internet access are really struggling, then can you or someone you know kindly go online for them? ... But what if the internet is down? What if they don't get paid til the end of the month? What if they have a flat tyre on the way from work? What if they just can't be arsed to ****ing go?

I see what you mean.

The attendances are already lower than Smurf want's.This will not attract more.Tomorrows game will be very lucky to get more that 4.5k.Why keep making it harder for fan's?

If you have pay as you go mobile phone, gas or electricity then you don't get as good a deal as having a contract. In Vales case, a season ticket is the contract.

But that business model is used because it maximises their profit. If the pricing system does that for vale then fair enough, it's the right move. But if it doesn't, I don't want to hear the fans and crowd numbers being blamed.

Archived