onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

price increase at vale

melv

Advert

It isn't a price increase if a supporter gets his or her fat rear off the sofa and gets a ticket in advance or early enough.

Should stop the queues and late entry, and if you go early enough you can join in the community whinging and moaning for 3 hours before the match. So there is always a bright side.

Remember the days when a casual fan could just turn up on spec, pay on the gate and enjoy a game of football?

We don't seem to be reaching out beyond our core fan-base with this one.

Exactly, were missing the point I feel, all these different ways of purchasing tickets before the match. Much better to just pay on the gate.

It isn't a price increase if a supporter gets his or her fat rear off the sofa and gets a ticket in advance or early enough.

Should stop the queues and late entry, and if you go early enough you can join in the community whinging and moaning for 3 hours before the match. So there is always a bright side.

Not everyone lives and / or works in Burslem and can get there 3 hrs before KO.

Unfortunately my fat rear is not on the sofa. My fat rear lives in Stockport and works in Buxton. I finish work at 5 tomorrow and will travel straight up to Burslem for the match. My fat rear will therefore be at work 3 hours before kick off so will not be able to purchase a cheaper ticket so I will be forced to pay £26 which is quite frankly a disgusting price for third tier football.

As an interesting side note, I can go and watch Blackburn Rovers for £16.

One minute they are complaining about poor gates, the next they seem to be doing everything in their power to make it as awkward to buy tickets as possible- no online ticketing for weeks on end at the start of the season, have to pay more if you cant get to the ticket office before a match. It just stinks of complete indifference towards the fans. To get better gates we need to be attracting the casual walk up fans not putting them off.

Unfortunately my fat rear is not on the sofa. My fat rear lives in Stockport and works in Buxton. I finish work at 5 tomorrow and will travel straight up to Burslem for the match. My fat rear will therefore be at work 3 hours before kick off so will not be able to purchase a cheaper ticket so I will be forced to pay £26 which is quite frankly a disgusting price for third tier football.

As an interesting side note, I can go and watch Blackburn Rovers for £16.

One minute they are complaining about poor gates, the next they seem to be doing everything in their power to make it as awkward to buy tickets as possible- no online ticketing for weeks on end at the start of the season, have to pay more if you cant get to the ticket office before a match. It just stinks of complete indifference towards the fans. To get better gates we need to be attracting the casual walk up fans not putting them off.

Could you call and pay for it over the phone on this occasion?

It's not a price increase as such as it's just reverting to the prices that were advertised at the start of the season.

Simply a case of the discount expiring as everyone knew it would.

Sorry if it wasnt written in bold in my diary. Did they put reminders up at the last game? No- just realise a statement the day before a game when people who dont live and /or work have got any chance of making arrangements, therefore pretty much forcing them to pay up an extra £4. The whole thing whiffs of bull****.

Not everyone lives and / or works in Burslem and can get there 3 hrs before KO.

It was a light-hearted comment, the last thing I would want to have to do is spend 3 hours in Burslem before the match as I'm in S yorks most of the time.

It was a joke. But as others have said, this was well publicised long ago, timing is unfortunate when moaning is at a max and wrists are being slashed on a daily basis all over ST6.

In an ideal world, it would be pay on the gate, but it isn't really so difficult to get a ticket in advance is it ?

Absolutely spot on. We should be encouring floating fans to come to games, not make it as awkward as possible to buy tickets.

It's the way of the world nowadays. Tighter controls on knowing who is in the ground for safety and security reasons and in line with other events where if purchased in advance tickets are cheaper to allow for planning of staff, catering (crap though it may be) etc.

Archived