onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 13 Sep 2014. Crewe A v Port Vale, Pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

Don't normally listen to "Praise & Grumble" too often on Radio Stoke but listened to last night's broadcast. The Crwho fans who said that there was no pressure on their team are either too stupid or too dillusional.

Let's hark back to the "no pressure on us, all the pressure is on Crewe" comments by Mark Grew prior to last seasons Crwho v Vale game. Our performance was atrocious. Outplayed and outbattled and a shocker of a performance by a team who wanted it more than us. I wonder what those Crwho fans would say come Saturday at 5.00pm if their team played like we did that day and we won 3-1 this time? They would be rock bottom with no points having lost to a team who at the moment they would look to get above in the league to not get relegated. Let's hear what they say on "Praise & Grumble" then!

I think the pressure is all on us.

Crewe's squad looks relegation fodder, both on paper and on the pitch. They have the look of a down by the end of March sort of side.

On paper this is the best Vale squad for years. At Donny they set a standard that hasn't been matched in any other game. On paper, the squad is far too good to be bottom four. On the pitch, where it matters, we are currently way off the standard and heading the wrong way.

It has become a massive game for our season IMHO.

Very tough to pick the team for this one. Reverting back to 4-4-2 is an option and i reckon Adams will do this. However, i would like us to stick with the 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 formation personally. Therefore, 2 line ups which i wouldn't mind seeing are:

Neal

Veseli Duffy McGivern Dickinson

Moore Jennings O'Connor Marshall

Pope Slew

OR

Neal

Veseli Duffy McGivern Dickinson

O'Connor Jennings

Moore Lines Marshall

Pope

Either way, i fully expect us to beat Crewe and cant wait for it now! Playing some decent football and a clean sheet would be welcome though Vale...

This is must win for us, no excuses and a draw isn't good enough. Crewe are in dire straits and have lost their best players from last season without replacing them. Seeing as they were lucky to stay up last season that says we must win there if we're not to be relegation candidates as well. On paper we should be better than last year but unless we take 3 points at Crewe we could end up with a defeatist attitude creeping in.

This is the game to turn our form around, we have to put a peg in the ground here.

Scunthorpe and Gillingham have conceded more and Crawley the same as us. You are right about Crewe though,

I said the worst defences in the division. Might not have conceded the most but definitely the worst defences.

We are a better team than Gillingham and Scunthorpe, that will contribute to the fact they've contributed more than us.

4 of us going Crewe in a taxi,fiver each,be in spoons for 10ish..Then jump on train coming home for free..

2 poor sides on show Saturday, with woeful defences..This could end up 4-4..

But im going for a 3-1 Vale victory with M & M running the show on the wings..

Archived