onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England v Norway

For Us All

Not surprised by this performance. Hodgson is a nice bloke and has a good coaching record but his performance with England is lamentable. We have our worst World Cup since 1958 and Hodgson keeps his job? We were not prepared in any way for that tournament and he should have gone. The only thing I can say in his defence is that the problems with English football are so deep seated that I'm not sure anyone could bring us success. :(

Advert

When I look at the Germany world champions team it is made up of good players but nothing more than England has available. I think it is nonsense to say we don't have talent. Both countries would be thrashed by the 1970 Brazil team and that is the standard we are at. We somehow just need to get the players to play as a team more effectively, it seems to be difficult, but shouldn't be.

You dont half talk some *****.

When I look at the Germany world champions team it is made up of good players but nothing more than England has available. I think it is nonsense to say we don't have talent. Both countries would be thrashed by the 1970 Brazil team and that is the standard we are at. We somehow just need to get the players to play as a team more effectively, it seems to be difficult, but shouldn't be.

That is a bit like saying Vale have as good players as Stoke available - would be great, but sadly it is complete fantasy and will do no good long-term to pretend. I don't agree that Brazil 1970 would beat Germany 2014 either but it hardly matters.

That match was awful. Why do people pay for that? I started reading in the second half and only looked up to see if it was a penalty.

From the first half it seems that the commentary was trying to keep bigging up Rooney, while dear Wayne was showing us why he should have played his last game. Mark Chamberlain was a better player at the Vale than his son who hasn't a clue how to play out wide. Wilshire would struggle in our league. Can't pass, can't tackle, can't shoot, can't head and is slow.

Thought Cahill, Stones, Sterling, Henderson, Sturridge, Baines did ok but need the dead wood clearing out. I good guide should be if a London based journalist says they should be picked the new manager should automatically give it a second thought.

Cahill was awful, he makes so many silly mistakes for such an experienced defender. Wilshere is the definition of over-rated. Oxlade-Chamberlain offered nothing. Sturridge tried to do too much time and again.

Rooney out. Hodgson out.

Premier league out..............

I think sterling is decent, on his day anyway, same with Sturridge, other than that the England team is pretty dire. Players like chambers should be decent in a few years but with woy in charge they won't improve and neither will English performances. Can see a 1-0 defeat to the swiz on Monday. Also did anyone see that pass by James Milner, how the hell he still gets in that squad I'll never know.

I love how people judge there opinion on the odd England performance here and there. Anyone who actually saw a lot of the Premier League last season would know that Sterling, for a 19 year old, was absolutely outstanding and has massive talent. He didn't have his best of games tonight by any means and yet was still our best player and won the penalty that ultimately won England the game. Sturridge is Sturridge, he can frustrate the hell out of you but he's also capable of something out of nothing, and a lot of his goals last season for Liverpool were down to individual brilliance.

I think sterling is decent, on his day anyway, same with Sturridge, other than that the England team is pretty dire. Players like chambers should be decent in a few years but with woy in charge they won't improve and neither will English performances. Can see a 1-0 defeat to the swiz on Monday. Also did anyone see that pass by James Milner, how the hell he still gets in that squad I'll never know.

We have a dire, uninspiring manager that was only appointed by the FA in the first place because he's a "yes" kind of guy, and won't upset the apple cart in any way. If he was the manager of Germany or Argentina they also would achieve nothing with him in charge.

I thought England did OK against a team that defended well and put 11 players behind the ball. England should have had a penalty in the first half for the foul on Sturridge. I lost count of the times Sturridge was barged over/fouled from behind, when are refs going to clamp down on this. Hodgson isn't my favorite but at least he seems to have learned from the World Cup and given Sterling free reign as at Liverpool. I prefer to see Townsend on the right instead of Chamberlain as he's more direct.

One downside was that too many times England had the ball in dangerous positions around their box but there was no support.

...to be fair,I think he was looking for Aguaro..but he was playing in Germany,at least Ashley Young isn't playing for England anymore.

Archived