onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

attendance yesterday

bar1

Advert

I firmly believe that an attendance of 10,000 is quite possible but it needs to be built slowly through consistently good home performances. The estimate of about three to three and a half thousand hard core supporters is about right. How many of you have looked at other League One attendances yesterday?

Because the money goes to Vale and not into the **** pocket of some owd timer on the turnstile.

They would only need two cash turnstiles. One on Bycars and one on the Railway Stand. You can buy security cameras cheap to keep an eye on both entrances with a trusted security person also keeping an eye on everything. Not rocket science.

Ray if word got round that there was a cash turnstile none of em would buy a ticket in advance and at 3pm there would be a queue half way down Hamil Road moaning why is there only one turnstile open.

The truth is there was no queues at either ticket office yesterday when I walked past a ten before 3 so all this moaning about having to queue up so not going is absolute follicle it's just an excuse because they don't want to go really.

I haven't attended a game since the Burton 7-1 game, and here are my reasons/excuses.

Too expensive. £23/25/26 for league 1 is extortionate. My stoke mate told me it was £24 at Hull today. I'd rather spend £24 on vale but it's a lot of money every other week. Plus cup games, plus shirts. Could I have got an ST? Yeah but the fact I couldn't get to 90% of them puts me off.

The quality of the football, is irrelevant. Yes I'd love to be on the edge of my seat but it's football, and it's vale so it won't happen.

Work. I work a lot of Saturdays aswell as midweek. I have in the past been able to wangle the odd shift off but I can't a lot of the time. With that, we always seem to play away when I do get always Saturday off!

If those weren't an issue, I'd be there every game. I'm as big a vale fan as anyone here. The fact I dont/can't get to games doesn't matter to me.

I haven't attended a game since the Burton 7-1 game, and here are my reasons/excuses.

Too expensive. £23/25/26 for league 1 is extortionate. My stoke mate told me it was £24 at Hull today.

Not sure where your mate got that from.

In fact, Hull City have some of the lowest prices in the PL for games against teams nobody cares to watch :D

Category C

Adults: £16

Seniors (65+)/16-22 Year-Olds: £10

Juniors (11-15): £8

Juniors (10 and under): £5

Read more at http://www.hullcitytigers.com/tickets/match_prices/index.aspx#IOkahwWYEY6mpLDo.99

You can't work like that in League One. To survive, a good proportion of each club's income has to come through gate receipts.

Remember Cardiff City got £62 million in TV money, for coming bottom last season.

So you just can't compare.

Attendance wasn't shocking, it was 7th highest in L1 behind far bigger clubs than us. Bank holiday weekend always affects attendances due to people having holidays. There were clubs with 3000 attendances on Saturday, that is poor and Oldham had less than 3000 home fans in the week when we were there. Football is expensive but putting obstacles in the way of attending doesn't help. When the pay same price until kickoff scheme goes I think we might see a real dip in attendances.

5090?! Shocking. This after a good start as well, where was everyone!

Personally in Crete. But I bet quite a few others are on their hols plus the 3-games-in-a-week factor might be hard for some. Add to that the ticketing problems I can easily see us being 1500 down.

The only people that should take a look at themselves are those that will miss a home match to go to an away match I.e. Crewe. Putting money into the oppositions pocket instead of our clubs. I was going to go to notts county but after there **** poor effort of support I will spend my money on vale merchandise instead.

Ok I'll take a look at myself.

No. Still not changed my mind and in hindsight seems like a good choice made. watching a 2-0 loss at home to Notts County probably would have put me off paying £22 on the next match.

Archived