onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

attendance yesterday

bar1

Got a season ticket so went Saturday , will miss Cardiff as away for a few days , as many others I imagine , but will be there for Chesterfield ,if had to pay might have picked the Chesterfield game over Notts County game, this a scenario many face ,and also we are not as well supported as we imagine.

Advert

I firmly believe that an attendance of 10,000 is quite possible but it needs to be built slowly through consistently good home performances. The estimate of about three to three and a half thousand hard core supporters is about right. How many of you have looked at other League One attendances yesterday?

10000, I will have a pint of what your drinking

The only people that should take a look at themselves are those that will miss a home match to go to an away match I.e. Crewe. Putting money into the oppositions pocket instead of our clubs. I was going to go to notts county but after there **** poor effort of support I will spend my money on vale merchandise instead.

Others who should take a look at themselves, I saw a lad who I wont name but he is a big moaner on the wonder of you facebook page post a comment on the league one banter page. He was telling other league one fans that the price at vale was to high , he is 25 but buys an under 17 ticket says all his mates do it, dont know him personally but always criticizing about the vale e.g. when we weren't signing players in the summer

A lot have bought tickets this week for Crewe as well as 3 games in a week plus a lot are away....this is mentioned every year about this time...football is very fickle and will only change if we are a winning team, better opposition , good away well supported teams ie Sheffield, Coventry etc its a fact of life ...get over it!!

They would only need two cash turnstiles. One on Bycars and one on the Railway Stand. You can buy security cameras cheap to keep an eye on both entrances with a trusted security person also keeping an eye on everything. Not rocket science.

Agree Rayzer

Assuming they can get the cameras to work!

Just a suggestion why not make it £15 in the Railway Paddock and Bycars for all matches??

Because then there is very little incentive for ST holders and the club would lose £1,000's because the difference wouldn't be made up in fans.

For instance if they dropped the price by £8 that you suggest we would need around another 1,600 fans simply to make up the loss.

Attendance wasn't shocking, it was 7th highest in L1 behind far bigger clubs than us. Bank holiday weekend always affects attendances due to people having holidays. There were clubs with 3000 attendances on Saturday, that is poor and Oldham had less than 3000 home fans in the week when we were there. Football is expensive but putting obstacles in the way of attending doesn't help. When the pay same price until kickoff scheme goes I think we might see a real dip in attendances.

I was told that this is no longer happening. Time will tell.

There are many reasons why teams from the lower divisions struggle to attract big gates. The major problem is cost and until the FA, FL & Football Clubs accept this, they are always going to be fighting a losing battle. Apart from maybe the 10 top flight clubs the rest of the football are struggling to attract fans and have falling attendances. We all know or should know that European football fans pay considerable less than ourselves and Germany is a classic example where you can watch a top flight game for less that 10 Euros. Stoke on Trent is a low paid area, husband & wife or father and son or families attending just 1 game will cost them anything from £50-£100. When you consider that there are people in this city earning £200 a week net, it easy to see the problem.

The fact is not everyone can afford to watch the Vale and in this day and age that cannot be right.

Another reason is the arrival of businesses into the City that operate shifts. The days of thousand and thousands of potters working 8am-5 mon-fri are long gone. There will a few hundred if not more who now work when games are being played.

I think the ticket system is another real reason that puts people off. At one time you could make a decision at half 2 to go to the match. That choice has now gone as queuing for tickets and then for turnstiles means you'd probably miss the kick off. Its just too much hassle compared to the recent past when you could just walk in off the street.

The high crowds of the 1930's-1960's will never return. Because of greed, arrogance and the millionaire footballer, the average working class man no longer has anything in common with what use to be a working class game.

There lies the problem with the modern game and its dwindling crowds.

The truth is there was no queues at either ticket office yesterday when I walked past a ten before 3 so all this moaning about having to queue up so not going is absolute follicle it's just an excuse because they don't want to go really.

I anticipated queues like I queued numerous times last season so didn't make the trip to Burslem. I am at roughly 20 home games a season so please don't try to tell me I don't want to go. It was the ticket issues and that's it.

I wonder how much money we lost against walsall. Noone I know who paid for tickets on card were actually charged anything to get in after checking statements.

I anticipated queues like I queued numerous times last season so didn't make the trip to Burslem. I am at roughly 20 home games a season so please don't try to tell me I don't want to go. It was the ticket issues and that's it.

I wonder how much money we lost against walsall. Noone I know who paid for tickets on card were actually charged anything to get in after checking statements.

The club have probably realised this that's why card payments were not an option for the Notts game.

Archived