onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wolves interest in Pope?

Boslem Boy

Serious note, money will be the main reason for him going, if they came in with an offer Smurf could not turn down..

This is my only fear but Smurf would be well to think it could be 'short term gain but long term pain'. Money is soon spent but Tom could serve us for years yet and I look forward to the day when he stands cast in bronze alongside Sproey outside the main entrance.

Advert

no doubt the money would be nice for tom and vale would get a few quid but he could end up a square peg in a round hole at wolves . he is worshipped at vale , loves the club and i fully believe happy where he is . hopefully he will continue to help write another new chapter in vales history.
Oh Tommy Pope scores more than Sjoke.

Best header of the ball in the league? I asked this question the other day and you have answered it admirably Cheeky. He is also a vastly improved player in general especially at holding the ball and some of his lay offs are a treat to watch. Also he is quite two footed and can put chances away without needing to get it on his best foot.

I sincerely hope that we keep hold of him because he is our talisman and a throw back in regard to his loyalty to his team. That said we should never take advantage of this fact and always pay him what he is worth.

I think that Tom has sampled this so called 'greener grass' and he knows the dangers. He is loved here but at a new club he would simply be a new player who would be viewed with doubt and suspiction in view of his current and past playing levels.

Pope's ability with both feet as you say is often underrated. He's brilliant at receiving the ball with his back to goal, turning and picking out a pass to wide men. Then charges into the box. IMHO for Vale Pope is almost priceless. How could you put a value on that level of commitment. Especially as the club is stable and at this level you can get good players for free.

Popey, as stated is our talisman and although may be underrated by some folk, is seen as a huge threat by other managers and players. This is highlighted by the treatment he gets from opposition centre backs because they know how dangerous he is. His heading ability is obvious but his shooting skills are not always given the credit he deserves. The goal at Doncaster highlights how he can slot balls in from tight angles. Saying that I feel we have assembled a team to suit Toms style, if he moves he may not get the service that suits him. I think Tom knows where is bread is buttered and the extra money is not his motivation and I do not think he would move unless the money was too big to turn down.

Popey, as stated is our talisman and although may be underrated by some folk, is seen as a huge threat by other managers and players. This is highlighted by the treatment he gets from opposition centre backs because they know how dangerous he is. His heading ability is obvious but his shooting skills are not always given the credit he deserves. The goal at Doncaster highlights how he can slot balls in from tight angles. Saying that I feel we have assembled a team to suit Toms style, if he moves he may not get the service that suits him. I think Tom knows where is bread is buttered and the extra money is not his motivation and I do not think he would move unless the money was too big to turn down.

I see it that way, too.

I'd be surprised, as I thought Wolves home and away were 2 of Pope's worst games last year. Has that sitter in the first half at Molineux landed yet? I stick by what I said last season, he is worth more to us than he is to anyone else with our style of play. I think he knows that too.

Why would anyone sign for a yoyo club like wolves nailed on relegation favourites this season couldnt even beat rotherham and stokey reject jez moxey at the helm an accident waiting to happen

Fans saying they'd like to sign him is not interest from Wolves themselves is it.

Kenny Jackett was at the Sheff Utd home game last season but only to watch Maguire.

To clear up any confusion it was the presenter on Radio WM sports phone in who mentioned Kane and Pope. Wolves fans rang or texted in to give their opinion. I tuned in as I drove back up the M5 so I have no idea where they got this rumour from. At the moment that's all it is.

Why would anyone sign for a yoyo club like wolves nailed on relegation favourites this season couldnt even beat rotherham and stokey reject jez moxey at the helm an accident waiting to happen

"Nailed-on relegation favourites" ? Want to put £20 on it?

He is the all round centre forward

His ability to trap and hold the ball up & then turn his man or pick a pass is severely under-rated. Sit in the Paddock and watch him up close taking on the full back, he takes the p1ss nearly every time

Never mind the 50+ goals in just over two seasons, including absolute worldies like Bristol Rovers and Rochdale at home in the promotion season

He also runs 100 yards to get back to defend every time he is required to do so

The Gannon era was worth it because we got Popey out of it

Very observant for a young man:yes:

Archived