onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Up with the big boys?

LancyTony

Hmm - I think some people were missing the point I was trying to make...I was just trying to put things into perspective, in that we're not the only club ever to have made mistakes; But - Arsene Wenger not successful? Really? 3 Premier League titles; 5 FA Cup wins; 4 Charity Shield wins - how many other manager's come close to that? yes - I know there's some, but fewer than 10, in the modern game! Tin hat? Why? - because a bunch of numpties with the combined IQ of a possum choose to belittle everything positive said about the Vale? I don't think so! With the current resurgence in Monty Python popularity - their mothers were hamsters!!!

I got what you mean.people need to get behind the team.that I fully agree with.

Advert

Hmm - I think some people were missing the point I was trying to make...I was just trying to put things into perspective, in that we're not the only club ever to have made mistakes; But - Arsene Wenger not successful? Really? 3 Premier League titles; 5 FA Cup wins; 4 Charity Shield wins - how many other manager's come close to that? yes - I know there's some, but fewer than 10, in the modern game! Tin hat? Why? - because a bunch of numpties with the combined IQ of a possum choose to belittle everything positive said about the Vale? I don't think so! With the current resurgence in Monty Python popularity - their mothers were hamsters!!!

More positivity (if there is such a word) and judging by M O'Connors quote on Sky Sports he believes and that's what we need more of.

Also,how is Wenger been successful? 1 trophy in how many years?spent millions yet only got the fa cup in recent years.and before people say he hasn't spent as much as other managers, neither did fergie.in the early 90s especially.getting schmeichel for 500000, cantona for a couple of mill then invested in youth.that is a successful manager.would like to see just how good wenger is with no money at all.
Twiggy respectfully you don't know what you are talking about.

If you took the trouble to check you will find that it was the money which Wenger generated by astute signings that paid for much of their new stadium. He may have a good budget but he doesn't waste it like most of his counterparts who buy players many of which aren't worth a fraction of their fee.

As for being successful the 'Gunners' have been in the Champions League every season since Arsene walked through the door.

Twiggy think a little before you write nonsense. We all have the right to an opinion but when you consider that Arsenal have been more successful than any other club bar Chelsea and M U and they spend money like its nothing then your opinion is wrong.

Additionally Arsenal are the nicest team in the country to watch. Sometimes they infuriate but most of the time they are a joy to behold.

My only criticism would be the amount of French players he signs but after all he is a Frenchman himself and clearly knows who the best ones are.

Wenger is an unsuccessful manager.I don't care how stupid you think this sounds, I wouldn't replace Adams with Wenger.Wenger has had millions and won 1 cup in something like 10 years.Adams has had no money to spend in comparison, yet turned a struggling league two side from burslem into a possible playoff contender in league one.

Adams is the better manager IMO.

Lost for words

Wenger is an unsuccessful manager.I don't care how stupid you think this sounds, I wouldn't replace Adams with Wenger.Wenger has had millions and won 1 cup in something like 10 years.Adams has had no money to spend in comparison, yet turned a struggling league two side from burslem into a possible playoff contender in league one.

And their fathers ate elderberries. (See post 12)

I think if we can get a RB similar to Grimmer last year (young, pacey & keen) and a forward as a partner for Popey when playing 2 up or as reserve when playing 1 up in on loan, we'll be in the play off picture for sure.

For me, the teams can be divided into 5 groups.

1. Bristol City, Leyton Orient, Peterborough, Preston, Sheff Utd

2. Barnsley, Doncaster, MK Dons, Vale, Swindon, Walsall, Yeovil

3. Bradford, Coventry, Notts County, Gillingham

4. Crawley, Oldham, Scunthorpe

5. Colchester, Crewe, Fleetwood, Rochdale

The top 5 I think will be battling for automatic promotion & first play-off spots.

The second group will be battling for remaining play-off spots.

The third group will be mid-lower table.

The fourth group will just have enough to not get relegated.

The fifth group are the likely relegation teams.

What does everyone think?

I think if we can get a RB similar to Grimmer last year (young, pacey & keen) and a forward as a partner for Popey when playing 2 up or as reserve when playing 1 up in on loan, we'll be in the play off picture for sure.

The top 5 I think will be battling for automatic promotion & first play-off spots.

I know Chesterfield are apparently struggling at the moment but I don't think they've given up on the entire league already! ;)

Your suggestion seems to put us between 6th and 12th which with the long term loans of a quality RB and striker I too think we will achieve.

Walsall won't be competing for the top six with their squad, and Scunthorpe will be higher than that, IMO. :yes:

Wenger is competing with clubs who spend a lot more money than Arsenal (Chelsea, City even Man U), he's qualified for the CL every seaon for umpteen years, won PL titles and FA cups, built several wonderfully entertaining teams..how is he unsuccessful?

Would Wenger achieve success at our level..possibly not. Would MA achieve sucess at Wenger's level..possibly not.

IF MA were so good it's harsh but he wouldn't be managing at our level..his last foray into a higher league was an absolute disaster after all..he's a very good L1 manager

Twiggy respectfully you don't know what you are talking about.

If you took the trouble to check you will find that it was the money which Wenger generated by astute signings that paid for much of their new stadium. He may have a good budget but he doesn't waste it like most of his counterparts who buy players many of which aren't worth a fraction of their fee.

As for being successful the 'Gunners' have been in the Champions League every season since Arsene walked through the door.

Twiggy think a little before you write nonsense. We all have the right to an opinion but when you consider that Arsenal have been more successful than any other club bar Chelsea and M U and they spend money like its nothing then your opinion is wrong.

Additionally Arsenal are the nicest team in the country to watch. Sometimes they infuriate but most of the time they are a joy to behold.

My only criticism would be the amount of French players he signs but after all he is a Frenchman himself and clearly knows who the best ones are.

Do you think Wenger would do well in the lower leagues?

Archived