onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Now go do your bit - Season Tickets

Valiant Haze

I think that Smurf needs to experiment with the walk-up price. Walsall is a very good opening fixture, and Notts County and Chesterfield are also not bad, yet I'm not convinced that people will pay £25/£26 on the day or book in advance. I also think the Flex10 price is too high.

In my opinion, £20 is a barrier that makes people think twice about going. Might it be better to drop the price to somewhere between £15-18 and see what happens? Because it is not just about the turnstile money, it's also about what people buy while in the ground.

The problem with dropping prices during the season as a general rule, not just for the odd game, is that it may deter people from buying STs for the next season if the pre-season prices are not believed to be firm. Some clubs categorise games, that could be tried, say 10 games at £20, 10 @ £25, and 3 at £10.

Advert

I think that Smurf needs to experiment with the walk-up price. Walsall is a very good opening fixture, and Notts County and Chesterfield are also not bad, yet I'm not convinced that people will pay £25/£26 on the day or book in advance. I also think the Flex10 price is too high.

In my opinion, £20 is a barrier that makes people think twice about going. Might it be better to drop the price to somewhere between £15-18 and see what happens? Because it is not just about the turnstile money, it's also about what people buy while in the ground.

But is it? Who has the catering rights? I would be more willing to purchase inside the ground if the money was going direct to the club rather than a third party.

We need a nice balance between st holders and pay on the day fans so money is coming in throughout the year, I doubt if st sales will increase by too many from now on but hopefully IF we do play well fans will pay on the day and will of course pay more over the season.

I am pay on the gate this season as i won't know until the day if i can go or not. A while back I questioned the walk up price and whether it would put me off more. Got to say that the price is a lot less of an issue now. So a massive increase in season ticket sales isn't the only issue here. Its encouraging more walk ups, which should make more money anyway.

Excellent days activity in the pre-season transfer market. Possibly the best for many a year.

If you possibly can.... Go get your tickets!

Lets hope the commercial department hit on this now and promote the **** out of it,we can do our bit but they also need to do theirs

The problem with dropping prices during the season as a general rule, not just for the odd game, is that it may deter people from buying STs for the next season if the pre-season prices are not believed to be firm. Some clubs categorise games, that could be tried, say 10 games at £20, 10 @ £25, and 3 at £10.

I personally don't think it will deter ST for the following season due to the fact like me as long as I can afford to purchase at the early purchase price then i am getting the basement bargain price of £13 - £14 per game and there is no way that the walk up price will drop that low.

I would even start paying for 2015 - 2016 season now on a monthly direct debit scheme at the same bargain basement price and then see how many takers that would bring in.

A lot seem to be suggesting Moore is > JMW so he should contribute more than 10 goals and 10 assists.

I think it will be more of a team effort this season. 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 certainly seems to be flavour of the month at the moment.

Steve guppy scored 12 goals in 3 seasons for vale, though id put guppy > JWM too.

I have bought the 10 game flexi ticket for my son when passing on Friday. In practical terms this was a pretty pointless thing to do because the vouchers need to be exchanged for match tickets in the club shop for each game he attends, I also stand the risk that he may not attend the 10 games and so there isn't a financial incentive. But it gives the club money.

[i totally agree with the OP ,ill be getting the ten,game one next fri for me and my son.

However I may not stop there if im happy,with what im seeing even,though because of family committments I will do a load of overtime and buy another ten match ticket and give it too one of the local Burslem pubs too give fans who aint too well off the,chance go.

Could,have,say 40 teams and whoever chooses the,hidden team gets the ticket,that raises money and also allows fans the opportunity watch the mighty Vale

You are a ledge Phil!

UTV

2further additions to come and quality additions already recruited , this is probably the best squad we have had since ian taylor played for us . Anyone who hasn't already done so and can afford to , get yourself down to vp and buy either a full or ten game st , back the lads .

Couldn't agree more! The signing of Brown and O'Connor... Imagine if 1 of Patterson/Slew - we'll be all dancing in the streets and I'll be having £50 that we get promoted! Watch out L1

Archived