onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

contracts

Look at the players that have signed new contracts, keeping hold of Dicko, Neal and Lines was vital I believe, keeping hold of Duffy is a good bit of business as well.

If Lines gets his head down and has a good season then he will be head and shoulders above the performances we have had from Loft, if we want to improve we have to get rid of the average league 1 players, decent league 2 players and replace them with better quality. It will just be interesting if the quality can be brought in on our budget.

Advert

What's also worrying me is that the majority of those we still have signed up are defenders. This the one area we were desperate to improve this transfer window. We now have to do an overhaul of strikers and definitely midfielders as well as the defends. I'm excited to see who we bring in but also slightly worried. Duffy signing is a nice boost.

I have a feeling Micky won't be too dissapoonted to see the ones who have left not sign contracts. The squad needs freshening up and the calibre of players we have lost are easily replaced.

There is no doubt in my mind that the manager knows who will replace the ones who have gone.

I have a feeling Micky won't be too dissapoonted to see the ones who have left not sign contracts. The squad needs freshening up and the calibre of players we have lost are easily replaced.

There is no doubt in my mind that the manager knows who will replace the ones who have gone.

It also gives Micky a ready made excuse if we struggle this season.

What's also worrying me is that the majority of those we still have signed up are defenders. This the one area we were desperate to improve this transfer window. We now have to do an overhaul of strikers and definitely midfielders as well as the defends. I'm excited to see who we bring in but also slightly worried. Duffy signing is a nice boost.

Worrying - yes. Defence last season conceded more goals than any other team in the top 16, even though we had a great goal keeper.

Goal scored wasn't so bad (59) and the forwards who scored more than half of them have gone ( JMW, Loft, Hugill & Tomlin) or look like going.

Wide men who can feed the Pope are urgently needed, along with another goal poacher.

If Lines had gone then I would of been concerned, however the fact he's signed for 2 years shows we are offering decent terms, as surely he would of been offered a fare wedge somewhere else. Same goes for Dicko. So thinking about it.

Knott: perhaps he genurally feels Bradford are a bigger challenge due to fan base.

Loft: wanted move, so nowt to do with contract.

JMW: ok a strange one, as would be surprised if they had offered more.

Hugill: wants first team football, so doubt it's about money.

Absolutely spot on

Knott says he watched 12000 + at Bradford v Vale

Big club / Big fanbase

50 mile / 2 hours closer to home

May not need to move too far ?

2year deal

Probably a good financial deal

Wish he would have stayed but remember his games came when Lines was out in the main.

** He was our true footballer in the team i must admit

Loft - lucky to keep him last season - Family reasons

JMW - Yes a strange one but i bet money talks !

Hugill - Is Popes understudy for another season at least.

He would play when Pope failed and i would be happy to give him his chance and so would M.A.

Big shame but credit to him he wants first team football NOW instead of waiting

Again lets wait and see who comes in for him. It could again be a team closer to home

It is never a major problem when players leave.

Add Mohamed to the above and the players we released

The only issue is who we sign to replace them.

We have to wait and see but be happy if we cleared 8 / 9 already gone

and replaced with 6 ' good uns '

I heard a rumour we have signed reed richards in goal... ben grimm center back... and the two storm kids as roaming wingers... that would be fantastic :notworthy:

Their agent victor von doom isnt happy... but he never is...

Isn't one of the Storms a girl? ;)

Sign better players COLIN DANIEL who you trying to kid

Is Colin Daniel any worse than Dan Jones or JMW?? Can you honestly say that he is?

We had Jenno from a poor Stevange side and Dan Jones was useless in league 1 for us. I can't see how Daniel at this moment in time can be seen as a poor signing

My god' date=' the merchant of doom himself taking the **** out of a doom mongerer, are you mellowing? :)[/quote']

I have no problem voicing an opinion when I think something is wrong/off or if I see a possible problem... People leaving isnt a problem, players going to another/higher paid job doesnt cause a problem.

The people coming in may cause the problem but thats what the manager gets the big money for, replacing who left with better players [if we are to push on]... until we know who is coming in and what they can do where is the problem?

We have been saying we need a clear out for years now and then when we get chance to do it people still moan,lets wait to see who comes in first

im not moaning, im just concerned and am exercising my right to free assembly.

fact is yes we have had a reasonable clear out , majority of the dead wood has gone, but im still waiting to be dazzled by replacements. and if we do get them its going to take time for them to gel isn't it?

I actually think MA offered low paid contracts to all the players that have left, maybe Loft and possibly Knott aside. Its a nice way of getting rid of players as its always the players fault that they have turned a contract down, not the manager as we dont know whats been offered.

JMW couldnt defend and costs us goals and remember the Sheff Utd altercation with MA, i liked JMW but did MA rate him that highley?

Loft, well we know about why he left.

Knott, more money from Bradford or did MA actually want him?

Hugil, i believe this one is all about Jordan and him going after more coin, i believe MA likes him.

So out of the above four i only think he will be dissapointed about Jordan, i also believe that we will add quality and may play a differant way next year, focusing more on defending.

I was only worried about Neal, Duffy and Lines, a good solid foundation to build a team around, Lines is qaulity (some say lazy), a midfielder with qaulity who can run at players, i expect him to get better as he wont be playing alongside Griff. Neal is arguably the best keeper in the league and duffy at centre back along side a quick tall defender would improve from last season.

I trust MA to get the players in and there is plenty of time yet, and like JJJ said its one of Micky's best assets bonding a team.

Keep the faith

Archived