onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club Statement: More AGS Details

1977Valiant

Advert

The U18 kids team from that USA they have now that visited Vale Park could have been the same lot that were staying at the Clayton Holiday Inn...they visited local the teams Stoke/Vale/Crewe for a tour and the whole thing was not exclusive to Vale.

Anyway how can you have a Football in the Community scheme on holiday and not working in the very community that is their remit....and how are matches between college teams and a fourth division team "world class".

Seem like very silly people the lot of them.

As a result of some investigation on this side of the pond I would like to give some opinion that might enable open-minded folks to gain a little perspective.

We (Port Vale shareholders and fans) certainly need to learn more about Ameriturf and AGS and deserve to put fully in the picture.

It would appear that the AGS view is, for them, it is merely a sponsorship deal to promote their brand name. The issue of gaining a 24.9% does not seem to be central to the deal. But the representative that I have spoken to suggests that "AGS being represented on the board of directors, while protecting the interests of AGS and its investment in terms of finance, time and effort which is only appropriate, may actually also serve the best interests of the fans and the local community."

As to whether such a significant shareholding it is crucial, I am waiting to find out. They have expressed the view that they have "no desire, appetite or intention whatsoever to be involved in a club from an operational or indeed ownership perspective". And as far as any change of ownership is concerned they said that "whatever the outcome of forthcoming events, we are comfortable that our agreement with Port Vale FC is a good deal for both parties and that we will continue at all times to operate with integrity and honesty".

I believe that the bid is being tarred with the same brush as the board of directors who announced it. AGS are guilty by association in the fans eyes. Lack of information about them fuels the fire. It is totally understandable that we have all viewed it as just another smokescreen by the board. Indeed, they may have viewed the deal as another means of securing their position, but that certainly is not where AGS are coming from. I believe they have more integrity.

In other circumstances we might welcome sponsorship funds coming into the club if the shareholders were of the opinion that the board were doing a good job.

Let's get next week out of the way and then maybe this deal can be looked at with a new set of eyes, by a new board of directors.

Dear All,

I think after today's news and the inevitable outcome 1st June, Ameriturf should proceed with a little more caution and a little less haste.

Any decision will fall to the interim board and the current board and Ameriturf would do well to recognise this irrefutable and undeniable reality.

There is nothing so urgent and desparate in the proposed Ameriturf proposition that cannot wait now until after 1st June.

If this board try to contractually bind PVFC now and the interim board upon reviewing the proposition feel it is not an arrangement in PVFC's best interests, then the actions of the directors may be subject to some criticism and scrutiny.

I say this to urge caution as we now allow the shareholders their say before long term commitments or contractual decisions are made.

Kind Regards

Mike Lloyd was embarrassing today.

This "alleged deal" is the biggest in our clubs history, yet by his own admission and as a director he knows absolutely nothing about Ameriturf.

Birchesheadwhites made him look incompetent and a fool, Lloyd had no idea of their turn over, staffing levels, how long they have been going etc etc etc, yet his opening gambit was that they are a major player.

I think Tone makes a very valid point. IF they see it as primarily a sponsorship deal, and the shareholding is not a big thing, then I think it's great for the club, and no-one would quibble with that amount of promotion and sponsorship...assuming Tone is right and they are kosher...

If, on the other hand, it IS about the shareholding, that's a different matter, and I think we need to be concerned about what it might mean...

Only one way to find out.....

Mike Lloyd was embarrassing today.

This "alleged deal" is the biggest in our clubs history, yet by his own admission and as a director he knows absolutely nothing about Ameriturf.

Birchesheadwhites made him look incompetent and a fool, Lloyd had no idea of their turn over, staffing levels, how long they have been going etc etc etc, yet his opening gambit was that they are a major player.

If this deal has been 6 months in the planning, why did he know nothing, why has he not spoken out before and why is he still defending them? If that was me I'd have said **** off a long time ago.

AGS has agreed with the Gol Iluminado Foundation to establish a similar goodwill game at Port Vale Football Club and AGS is proud to report that this request has already been endorsed by the United Nations.

Which I'm guessing translates as phoning someones secretary and asking if its "OK" and getting the response "Yea sure, whatever" and the headline reads "UN approves Vale match"

Don't make me ******* laugh, I write enough spin for company websites to know what I am reading.

F F S!

Archived