onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Which Manager Has Decided Contract Offers?

Ainsworth

How can our manager offer contracts to out-of-contract players when in another article he says he will make up his mind whether he stays in 10 days?

What if he goes and our 'new' manager doesn't fancy our then contracted players?

Seems odd to me? Maybe all has not been revealed for some reason

Advert

It was mentioned the management staff had decided on their retained list several weeks ago. Which is the reason why I said at the time (and still believe), that I believe Adams will be manager of Port Vale next season.

I'd rather MA, for his faults, sorted out the retained list. It is better than the alternative of Grew, NS or a new manager who hasn't seen us play sorting it.

Indeed! I was looking up the last time this sort of circumstance occurred and I think it was in 2009 when Dean Glover was given notice he wasn't going to be manager after the end of the season.

In those circumstances, Mr Bill Bratt (MBE) handled the player contracts/renewals in his normal, professional manner ;)

Link: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Brammer-slams-voicemail-farewell/story-12563519-detail/story.html#community

It was mentioned the management staff had decided on their retained list several weeks ago. Which is the reason why I said at the time (and still believe), that I believe Adams will be manager of Port Vale next season.

I am actually surprised that anyone still thinks he will be here after reading what he been saying over the last few weeksif I was going off that I would be saying he is off.

Maybe Page has had an input in the retained as I do think he would be the first one Smurf turned to should Adams go

Indeed! I was looking up the last time this sort of circumstance occurred and I think it was in 2009 when Dean Glover was given notice he wasn't going to be manager after the end of the season.

In those circumstances, Mr Bill Bratt (MBE) handled the player contracts/renewals in his normal, professional manner ;)

Link: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Brammer-slams-voicemail-farewell/story-12563519-detail/story.html#community

I mentioned this the other day as he signed Yates too.

It does point towards the fact that Adams and / or Page will be here next year.

Though why they haven't used this opportunity to address the issues with the defence I am struggling to understand.

Looking at that old Sentinel article, thank goodness Mr Bratt did handle those contracts.

Otherwise, Ross Davidson, Luke Prosser and Paul Edwards may never have been offered their contract extensions.

Phew... :rolleyes:

How can our manager offer contracts to out-of-contract players when in another article he says he will make up his mind whether he stays in 10 days?

What if he goes and our 'new' manager doesn't fancy our then contracted players?

Seems odd to me? Maybe all has not been revealed for some reason

On the other side of the coin the longer key players hadn't been offered a contract (whom a possible new manager may want to keep) the easier it may be for them to walk, it works both ways.

Looking at that old Sentinel article, thank goodness Mr Bratt did handle those contracts.

Otherwise, Ross Davidson, Luke Prosser and Paul Edwards may never have been offered their contract extensions.

Phew... :rolleyes:

Apparently Rob Davidson scored a blinding penalty in the Coors premier Division cup final for Darcys last week :)

Archived