Advert

Advert

Smurfs announcement!!

carpetman123

There is always a doubt

I could think of a number of reasons why he would [not will]

Yes if the pay, conditions, prospects, support, possibilities etc were better

Geo - think you're ready for bed mate.

Which club is going to offer Micky better pay, conditions, prospects, support, possibilities etc than us? Not going to happen - do you honestly a bigger club is going come in for him?

Advert

It's not just our job as supporters. It is the chairmans, managers and players jobs to entice us to buy a season ticket. Even with this recent good announcement smurf still has a long way to go to convince me. It is still unknown whether Adams will be in charge next season, what players we will have and what smurf is doing about his own position. So in my opinion I certainly won't go and snap them up.

And the future will continue to be uncertain as long as fans like you sit on your hands and do nothing. To me, the message is clear. Renew your season tickets quickly and give the club the financial boost to secure Adam's future, to enable him to retain the better players and bring in quality players and to provide us with a platform to mount a real challenge for promotion next season.

The problem as I see it is the question do most of us trust Smurthwaite? His comments change by the day. Even Lee Blakeman from radio Sjoke pulled him up on the fact that he denied saying that the manager would have his new contract offer in Jan, then March now the end of April when Smurthwaite said it was the press who announced the timescale. Lee pulled him up saying ''Norman it was you who told me these dates''. Then Smurf apologised if that was the case.

I also question whether Micky Adams has any faith in the owner's promises. Lets not kid ourselves if there is a better option out there Adams will walk.

In the meantime I'm going to renew my ticket but I do worry if on cold nights in the winter whether I will think it was a wise decision.

At the end of the day my love of Port Vale is greater than my mistrust of the owner. In regard of the Manager I don't particularly fear losing him but I am frightened to death of who would be brought in to replace him. My advice 'paying peanuts only attracts monkeys'. We need a good bloke with plenty of good contacts who will lend him good young players. You only need to look over the border to Cheshire who have been proped up for years with good loan players that they couldn't really afford.

Lastly one myth that I would like to dispel regarding our owner and apparent saviour.Where were we positioned in the league whilst in Admin before he took up the ownership? .......... Take a peep and you will see we were already in the top three positions. So please stop all of this hero worship.

And the future will continue to be uncertain as long as fans like you sit on your hands and do nothing. To me, the message is clear. Renew your season tickets quickly and give the club the financial boost to secure Adam's future, to enable him to retain the better players and bring in quality players and to provide us with a platform to mount a real challenge for promotion next season.

Well I'm sorry I'm not ready to commit to a season ticket at this moment in time with what's been going on, issues need sorting, I don't particularly trust smurf and I don't want to pay x amount until issues are solved. I understand the argument amount the budget and the financial boost but it's also about me and spending money wisely, once contracts are sorted I will get a season ticket but before then not for me.

Which is the decisive deadline? End of April Early Bird, or End of May ST renewal? Maybe lots of STs will leave buying until May, no problem with that, but how will that affect the Norman & Micky decisions if they are putting a lot of store on the April deadline? Chicken and egg situation?

Well I'm sorry I'm not ready to commit to a season ticket at this moment in time with what's been going on, issues need sorting, I don't particularly trust smurf and I don't want to pay x amount until issues are solved. I understand the argument amount the budget and the financial boost but it's also about me and spending money wisely, once contracts are sorted I will get a season ticket but before then not for me.

You may lose your seat if you leave it too long 593?

Which is the decisive deadline? End of April Early Bird, or End of May ST renewal? Maybe lots of STs will leave buying until May, no problem with that, but how will that affect the Norman & Micky decisions if they are putting a lot of store on the April deadline? Chicken and egg situation?

There is only 'estimated' assurance(s) which ever way Adams wants to look at it.Normal season ticket sales will probably bring in 1m+ add on 250k from Norman.It depends on commercial income where we end up.Adams should sign up next week if he wants to stay.The budget shouldn't be a great deal less than this season.Adams needs to be a bit more picky,quality over quantity and having a slightly smaller squad.There are quite a few players who haven't reached double figure appearances this season whether it be due to injury or crapness.

The problem as I see it is the question do most of us trust Smurthwaite? His comments change by the day. Even Lee Blakeman from radio Sjoke pulled him up on the fact that he denied saying that the manager would have his new contract offer in Jan, then March now the end of April when Smurthwaite said it was the press who announced the timescale. Lee pulled him up saying ''Norman it was you who told me these dates''. Then Smurf apologised if that was the case.

I also question whether Micky Adams has any faith in the owner's promises. Lets not kid ourselves if there is a better option out there Adams will walk.

In the meantime I'm going to renew my ticket but I do worry if on cold nights in the winter whether I will think it was a wise decision.

At the end of the day my love of Port Vale is greater than my mistrust of the owner. In regard of the Manager I don't particularly fear losing him but I am frightened to death of who would be brought in to replace him. My advice 'paying peanuts only attracts monkeys'. We need a good bloke with plenty of good contacts who will lend him good young players. You only need to look over the border to Cheshire who have been proped up for years with good loan players that they couldn't really afford.

Lastly one myth that I would like to dispel regarding our owner and apparent saviour.Where were we positioned in the league whilst in Admin before he took up the ownership? .......... Take a peep and you will see we were already in the top three positions. So please stop all of this hero worship.

Serial moaner who will never be satisfied- I don't know how you can call yourself a "fan"

He doesn't act like one- constant negativity and sniping. He's certainly a Tom Pope fan...

His post is not moaning just accurate observations of the current set up at Vale Park,his comments are no more than you would expect in the pub before and after a game so which of his comments do you disagree with ?

Archived