onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Radio Stoke Classics!

Its very much enhanced by regular contributers like Ben who to be fair is on P&G every week to be honest and to be fair he dosent say to be honest or to be fair no more than thirty times during his interveiw to be fair but to be honest he sums up the embarrasment to be fair of the programe to be honest !

This has been mentioned in our car on the way home before

Advert

Blakeman reminds me of a kid who really really wants to be a prefect but isn't liked enough by the teachers. He's just a bit too desperate and smarmy. Also, he's there to commentate, not to criticise the fans, something which he does on a semi-regular basis. Fair enough if there are idiots running on the pitch or whatever, but to go on about the anti-Adams posts on here or criticise the cat callers in the crowd (people that have paid to get in, unlike him) is a bit much. I really like Mick though.

Blakeman reminds me of a kid who really really wants to be a prefect but isn't liked enough by the teachers. He's just a bit too desperate and smarmy. Also, he's there to commentate, not to criticise the fans, something which he does on a semi-regular basis. Fair enough if there are idiots running on the pitch or whatever, but to go on about the anti-Adams posts on here or criticise the cat callers in the crowd (people that have paid to get in, unlike him) is a bit much. I really like Mick though.

Steady he will be criticising you on air!

Isn't he from Plymouth like Acres?

Also, he really can't take any criticism. The other week, he'd got a player's name wrong (not a particularly heinous crime but pretty shoddy for a commentator nonetheless), people texted or tweeted or whatever to let him know and he goes all mardy on air! He's done it a couple of times before. Finally, I wish someone would tell him that reading out the home team's name before the away team's is not "politically correct", as he seems to describe it...

Having said all that, I don't know what I'd do without Radio Stoke's coverage and he does get excited and enthusiastic and actually seem to want Vale to win, so he's not a bad lad...

Talking of the press & radio, you know all the people who sit in the press are at the back of Lorne Street? Who are they? I'd magine there's a Sentinel person, someone from the visiting team's local paper, maybe someone from the Football League paper and then someone frm the press association. Who are all these other people. I think the Sunday tabloids all get their reports from the same source (judging by the content) and we get get next to no broadsheet coverage, but there always seems to be quite a few journalists present.

Talking of the press & radio, you know all the people who sit in the press are at the back of Lorne Street? Who are they? I'd magine there's a Sentinel person, someone from the visiting team's local paper, maybe someone from the Football League paper and then someone frm the press association. Who are all these other people. I think the Sunday tabloids all get their reports from the same source (judging by the content) and we get get next to no broadsheet coverage, but there always seems to be quite a few journalists present.

I thought the sentinel had to pay for access now..... :smurf::doh::doh::censored:

Abbo was one of lifes characters his knowledge of local history and sport was second to none

True but he also indulged himself in spouting his uninformed, small minded, 'Daily Hiel (Mail)' style right wing bigotry in his weekly Sentinel column; know your place & be grateful for it, tip your cap to your superiors by birthright, unions should be banned, etc., etc. Didn't like him much myself.

Just like everyone else in the football world, commentators suffer from the haters.

Lee Blakeman does a pretty sound job and Mick is an excellent summariser. Try listening to Dennis Smith or Terry Conroy for 5 minutes.

Lee does get a little over enthusiastic and excited when the opposition come close to scoring, but otherwise I like him.

I prefer him to Matt Sandoz. What is curious to me personally is why Sandoz has blocked me on Twitter. I asked the other day but nobody responded. On the other hand, I have had some excellent banter with Lee.

Its very much enhanced by regular contributers like Ben who to be fair is on P&G every week to be honest and to be fair he dosent say to be honest or to be fair no more than thirty times during his interveiw to be fair but to be honest he sums up the embarrasment to be fair of the programe to be honest !

Honest Ben is a legend,leave him alone.;)

If you want someone to have a go at just listen to Crwho fan Len,who whenever he phones up,never fails to mention the fact that he sits next to Dario.:rolleyes:

Just like everyone else in the football world, commentators suffer from the haters.

Lee Blakeman does a pretty sound job and Mick is an excellent summariser. Try listening to Dennis Smith or Terry Conroy for 5 minutes.

Lee does get a little over enthusiastic and excited when the opposition come close to scoring, but otherwise I like him.

I prefer him to Matt Sandoz. What is curious to me personally is why Sandoz has blocked me on Twitter. I asked the other day but nobody responded. On the other hand, I have had some excellent banter with Lee.

We can do a lot worse than Lee Blakeman and Mick Cullerton who are true Vale men.

Archived