onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Remaining Games

inner sanctum

After the debacle of the way the season is dying it's slow and very painful death, what are the predictions for the remaining games.

Stevenage - D

Crawley - L

Walsall - D

Notts County - L

MK Dons - L

Rotherham - Pasting

Sheff U - L

Peterborough - L

Bit different to the Euphoria of finishing last season. I never expected an easy ride but I think this form will ease into next season quite smoothly especially with the (much) reduced budget.

Care to have another go? We've already got more points in 3 games then you were saying we'd get from all eight!

Can't believe some Vale fans at times - no faith!!!

Advert

After the debacle of the way the season is dying it's slow and very painful death, what are the predictions for the remaining games.

Stevenage - D

Crawley - L

Walsall - D

Notts County - L

MK Dons - L

Rotherham - Pasting

Sheff U - L

Peterborough - L

Bit different to the Euphoria of finishing last season. I never expected an easy ride but I think this form will ease into next season quite smoothly especially with the (much) reduced budget.

We are already 5 points ahead of target! ;)

Win all of our games and we'll reach the play-offs - big ask with our away form of late.

Im not sure even if win all 5 games,that 72 points will even be enough tbh..Then we got hope Swindon,MK Dons and Peterboro slip up on the way..Our Goal difference is shocking,so that's like an extra point for the 3 teams above us..

Our away form has cost us a playoff spot this season..

Im not sure even if win all 5 games,that 72 points will even be enough tbh..Then we got hope Swindon,MK Dons and Peterboro slip up on the way..Our Goal difference is shocking,so that's like an extra point for the 3 teams above us..

Our away form has cost us a playoff spot this season..

If we did win our remaining 5 games, that would mean MK Dons and Peterborough had slipped up.

Peterboro have their game in hand to play on Tues.

Their games are Gills (H), Coventry (H), Bradford (A), Carlisle(H), Shrewsbury (A), Us (H)-I think 9 points before they play us puts them on 70.

MK Dons have Crawley (H), Us (A), Brentford (H), Rotherham (A), Orient (H) so I don't think they will be making the play offs.

Swindle have Brentford (H), Coventry (A), Bradford (H), Notts C (A), Rotherham (H) so I don't think they will make the play offs either.

We have Notts C (A), MK Dons (H), Rotherham (A), Sheff U (H), Peterborough (A).

If we can beat MK Dons, looking at their remaining fixtures, I think that will eliminate them.

I can't see Swindle beating Brentford & Rotherham at home & the 2 away games are tricky.

We are in & out & so inconsistent.......can we get to 69 points so that Peterborough is a winner takes all?

Peterboro have their game in hand to play on Tues.

Their games are Gills (H), Coventry (H), Bradford (A), Carlisle(H), Shrewsbury (A), Us (H)-I think 9 points before they play us puts them on 70.

MK Dons have Crawley (H), Us (A), Brentford (H), Rotherham (A), Orient (H) so I don't think they will be making the play offs.

Swindle have Brentford (H), Coventry (A), Bradford (H), Notts C (A), Rotherham (H) so I don't think they will make the play offs either.

We have Notts C (A), MK Dons (H), Rotherham (A), Sheff U (H), Peterborough (A).

If we can beat MK Dons, looking at their remaining fixtures, I think that will eliminate them.

I can't see Swindle beating Brentford & Rotherham at home & the 2 away games are tricky.

We are in & out & so inconsistent.......can we get to 69 points so that Peterborough is a winner takes all?

Walsall are more likely to finish 7th based on their run in.

Target has to be to get seeded for the first round of the League Cup next season. Not sure exactly where the line gets drawn but a top half finish should hopefully do it.
Based on the 12/13 Cup, 13th would do it. With 70 clubs in the 1st round, 22 from the Championship, plus 24 from L1 & L2 each. Thus 22 + 13 = 35, QED. The 2 highest placed teams in the Championship from the previous season do not enter until the 2nd round.

Never thought we'd even be in the same sentence as "play-offs".

Frustrating that we dropped 4 points from a winning position at Cov and Stevenage so recently, that would have put us very dirmly in the mix.

Credit is due to Micky Adams for getting that performance out of the team yesterday, when it would have been all to easy to ease off.

It would be absolutely amazing to go into the last game or two with even a mathematical chance of the sixth spot.

Archived