onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stevenage 1 Vale 1, Pre match, match, post match comments.

Fosse69

Advert

We might survive a few more set pieces if the manager didn't insist on pulling every one back into our own area.

It simply serves to a) bring more opponents into our own box and b) gives us no outlet for balls that we actually do manage to defend.

Frighteningly simple option that for some reason we haven't tried.

As for the game, standard scrappy affair against a typically physical Stevenage side. How their number 4 didn't get sent off is beyond me. Draw the right result, neither side deserved to win it.

We might survive a few more set pieces if the manager didn't insist on pulling every one back into our own area.

It simply serves to a) bring more opponents into our own box and b) gives us no outlet for balls that we actually do manage to defend.

As for the game, standard scrappy affair against a typically physical Stevenage side. How their number 4 didn't get sent off is beyond me. Draw the right result, neither side deserved to win it.

Was the number 4 Dembele(or however its spelt)? radio said he should of walked for hacking down Birchall but the ref spoke to him and the captain instead,giving them time to sub him at half time,then his replacement goes and scores.

I would of taken the point there tbh and if we can pick up 4 points from the next 2 home games then it will of been a good comeback after Tuesdays fiasco

Good response to the debacle of Tuesday night and the events of this week, especially against a team fighting for their lives. Good to see Joe Davis back in the mix after being dropped unfairly after the Crewe affair. Pleased with the point, and looking forward to sealing league 1 football for next year on Tuesday!

Good response to the debacle of Tuesday night and the events of this week, especially against a team fighting for their lives. Good to see Joe Davis back in the mix after being dropped unfairly after the Crewe affair. Pleased with the point, and looking forward to sealing league 1 football for next year on Tuesday!

Did mickey go over to shake the travelling fans warmly by the throat at full time?

The most frustrating thing that happens on a football field. Make no mistake though, its not just Micky, i see it week in week out in the premier league matches.

It seems most managers do it. And i will never understand why. Even the great John Rudge used to do it.

Fair result against a very poor Stevenage outfit.

Vale never really got out of first gear, didn't play with much tempo or urgency but didn't need to against a side destined for relegation. We'd have strolled to victory if it wasn't for some lacklustre defending from a set piece during Stevenage's only spell of the game. The defence looked solid from the off and coped easily with anything thrown at them. Despite his lack of defensive ability, Robertson's presence is felt and alongside the more cultured trio of Davis, Duffy and Jones we looked half decent at the back for the majority. Billy Knott was the shining light in midfield, working tirelessly when out of possession and using the ball wisely when in possession. Lines had a decent go, but his reluctance to shoot cost us in the second period when we really should've killed them off. Lofty was very quiet but Birchall provided a constant outlet on the right and was our most dangerous player in the second half. Predictably, Tomlin blew hot and cold whilst Pope led the line well despite being man-handled and elbowed at every opportunity.

A low-key game but important for the development of Johnson, Davis and Knott in particular as we look to next season.

why is it I cant wait for this season to be over now? apart from looking forward to going to notts co away on the 12th (because Nottingham is a fantastic day out and I actually really like notts county and follow them as a second team) I just cant wait for the end of what has been I feel a successful season ( crewe should be gone haha) which has somehow ended on an anti climax and with big norm and mickys antics I just want this season to end now.

Their no 4 should have gone and it would have given us the game. Overall can't complain though. Dunno if the radio said Robertson played well because he did make a couple of nearly costly errors and is not physical enough when it comes to aerial battles. Picks of the bunch for me today were Duffy, Davis and in the first half Knott. Birchall got better as the game went on. Tomlin needs a better touch to be effective in scrappy games like that when chances aren't going to come his way, and I'd say Jones is still looking a bit lost at this level.

Still need to sort out defending set pieces though and I don't know if we can until we bring in a few meat heads that will attack a ball in the air.

A point is a point and they certainly ruffed up our players. A few bruises tomorrow for most of the players. Birchall had a cracking game.

Ref did us no favours and their goal scorer should not have been on the pitch, as their player should have been sent off. But hay.

Well done Vale for getting a point and hopefully we can build on this.

For what it's worth I thought Jones had a decent game today. He looked more like the player of last season. I thought the team did ok against a real bunch of footballing thugs. They got away with murder yet again.

I'm sick and tired of referees giving the soft easy decisions but bottling it on the big calls such as not booking their centre back for the foul on Birchall which would have meant him being sent off. Grrrrr!

Archived