onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Player Budget to be slashed next season

yorky valiant

Advert

I think ST sales should be targeted.In reality,how many POTD fans have we got?Those missing from the last 2 home games have saved £44/46 already which could go towards a new ST.Apart from one or two games we are going to see 4000 crowds the norm as some folk have written the season off now.How about an Easter discount

sale of

STs for next season.6 weeks to sort it out.A discount of maybe 10%?

NS has said players budget is to be slashed because the club cannot afford same as this years budget due to low attendances, that's fine we are a small club and we should live to our means, but NS always blames fans which isn't fair, he says he budgeted for 7,900 fans per every home game, realistically we only get 5-6000! So what does he do then say he's going to put match day tickets up??? I know we need so much money a game to turnover financially but it's going to price people out of coming all together! I don't like ranting but we all work hard for our money and I think £24 plus is going to price the average joe out of coming! I love the vale and financially support them all the time but it's going to get too much soon! Hope Adams stops and vale can work something out better for fans!

:clap::clap::clap:

Why doesn't Norman read these posts (well95% of them) and try and put these opinions into operation. I'm sure a 10 minute chat with Micky Cullerton would do him a world of good. Mick's done it, seen it and got the tee shirt.It would have been nice if Mick had offered to step in for three months free of charge and get the club on a sound footing.......Oops I am told that he did that and got shown the door!!!!

First that I have heard about that.I don't know how true it is (note REP & Co).But it was suggested to Smurf a while ago to get someone who understands running a football club more than himself in to help him,ease the work load and the pressure.But IF as you say is true.Then that is very poor.

I dont think we need a development squad...,never have so theres £300,000 off next years budget straight away...we could possibly offer the better players of that squad a contract to supplement the first team squad on lower wages if we need cover then lets use the 'loan' market there are players who can do jobs for us ie Grimmer, Knott, Cuvellier etc

Surely he wont have to pay Wildes off again (£500,000) so thats another saving, the pitch wont have to be relaid thats another £250k, another club shop thats another £300k so if we can set a more realistic attendance figure more like 5.5k - 6k also get the commercial side working as it should then surely things aren't that bleak

I think he needs to talk up season ticket sales and not be quite so negative in his statements but there are still Fans who just no matter what he says or does who just want him gone!!

There is so many ways to boost the income of the club I just think people ought to give him a chance to see how the balancing act is going to be achieved but constant critiscism isnt going to help!

Thats a pretty big cost saving from this season to next season.

Well done Smurf.

What do you expect the chairman to do--keep subsidising the club or run it as a proper business and keep Port Vale solvent? Of course it would be lovely to have a 'sugar daddy' who is willing to fork out £millions--but there ain't many of those around--especially in the lower regions of the football league structure--get real!

Put very simply, Smurthwaite & others ****ed up massively on projected attendances through inexperience and naivety.

He was naive enough to think we'd pull in 7900, and he's away with the fairies to think there's a cat-in-hell's chance of attendances improving between now and May.

What's frustrating (and surprising for someone who is supposedly successful) is that he seems not to have bothered looking at our history of attendances when making these forecasts. He was either suckered by the Burton & Northampton gates, or he really thought that League 1 football was a dramatically bigger attraction than it is.

Now we, the fans, will pay with a severely weakened squad and most likely inexperienced manager.

It will be up to Norman to deliver on his promise that he would leave us in a better state than he found us when he leaves.

We couldn't have been in a worse state when he took over--we were in administration for God's sake!

You aren't digging but Gary is! ;)

Why does someone not just ask the SC chair?

Taken from FB mate:

Robert Mccue

I was there and it's true what was said There was a statement read out last night at the supporters club meeting about this I'm on the supporters club to and believe that fans needed To know what smurf said things aren't as rosy as people believe they are attendances are falling now due to dropping further from the playoffs I stand behind ally 100% she's the fans voice and doing an excellent job

Robert Mccue

I did overhear him mention the possibility of a winding up order... Can't be altogether certain he was referring to sondico.

I dont think we need a development squad...,never have so theres £300,000 off next years budget straight away...we could possibly offer the better players of that squad a contract to supplement the first team squad on lower wages if we need cover then lets use the 'loan' market there are players who can do jobs for us ie Grimmer, Knott, Cuvellier etc

Surely he wont have to pay Wildes off again (£500,000) so thats another saving, the pitch wont have to be relaid thats another £250k, another club shop thats another £300k so if we can set a more realistic attendance figure more like 5.5k - 6k also get the commercial side working as it should then surely things aren't that bleak

I think he needs to talk up season ticket sales and not be quite so negative in his statements but there are still Fans who just no matter what he says or does who just want him gone!!

There is so many ways to boost the income of the club I just think people ought to give him a chance to see how the balancing act is going to be achieved but constant critiscism isnt going to help!

Excellent summary and sums up my thoughts other than to obviously also look at and reinvigorate the commercial and shop staff and quality of business.

What do you expect the chairman to do--keep subsidising the club or run it as a proper business and keep Port Vale solvent? Of course it would be lovely to have a 'sugar daddy' who is willing to fork out £millions--but there ain't many of those around--especially in the lower regions of the football league structure--get real!

Do you know what I really want?

A chairman who is realistic, can type using grammar, can talk to fans without patronising them, doesn't mess about with a manager's contract, doesn't make stupid comments that kill a season and has PR skills.

Norman fails all of them criteria. The guy's a fool.

Because of loss of customers the owner of a well known pub in Burslem has stated that he is going to change his brand of beer to a less popular one and also increase the prices.

Looks like his business is going to take another downward tumble as even more people refuse the lesser quality and higher prices.

Taken from FB mate:

Robert Mccue

I was there and it's true what was said There was a statement read out last night at the supporters club meeting about this I'm on the supporters club to and believe that fans needed To know what smurf said things aren't as rosy as people believe they are attendances are falling now due to dropping further from the playoffs I stand behind ally 100% she's the fans voice and doing an excellent job

Robert Mccue

I did overhear him mention the possibility of a winding up order... Can't be altogether certain he was referring to sondico.

Thanks for that, who is he?

He doesn't confirm if there was a rant which is the reason why I mentioned Gary.

Really the SC chair does need to come out now and put something like the winding up issue straight given no-one still seems to know for sure what it's all about.

We are now in a viscious circle . Fans wont buy STs if the squad is going to be poor and the squad will be poor if no one buys STs.

Personally the only hope for me going is to get a ST . I wont be paying ridiculous on the day prices or queueing up/making a separate journey to get the ticket. I have to say that whilst the league position is very satisfactory , I have enjoyed very few games this season from a football (or lack of football) angle.

Archived