onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Player Budget to be slashed next season

yorky valiant

I thought Norman said that Adams was his CEO. In other words he expects his manager to manage the club with due regard to the financial success of the organisation. Here are a few suggested rules of good management:

1. Never rubbish your own product

2. Never praise your competitor's product.

3. Always seek to improve your product.

4. Try to produce your product more cheaply

5. Encourage your work force to improve their skills.

6. Praise your work force publicly for exceptional effort/improvement.

7. Provide your work force with the necessary training/education to enable them to improve.

Advert

John as one of those that I believe you are referring to, I don't want Smurf gone but want him to listen to people, get a good and experienced CEO in place and stop blaming everyone for his mistakes. The man who he sees in the mirror is entirely to blame and no one else. I do think you are correct in trying to talk up the ST sales figure but if he makes a promise he must keep to it!

The problem is very few believe anything that he tells us of late and this is all his doing too!!

Get an experienced CEO in place? I thought that he was trying to save money!! Who is he blaming for his mistakes? The stay away fans I assume. His biggest mistake must surely have been not realising the personal cost in running a football club. His main concern is that the club is haemoriging money and he is intent on not to continue pumping money into the club. Who can blame him for that. I, like all other fans, fear that the club will struggle to maintain it's current status in Division One on a much reduced budget. I hate to say it but maybe we need the type of manager who can get the best out of younger players and not one who generally overlooks them, preferring instead to bring in seasonied players who command salaries that are not within budget. Let's be honest, Adams' recent recruits, Dickinson apart have not set the world on fire and Norman must be pulling his hair out at the poor performances of the likes Ahmed and to a lesser extent Tomlin, Robertson and, dare I say it,Lines considering the salaries they command being recruits from higher leagues.

Archived