onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Player Budget to be slashed next season

yorky valiant

NS has said players budget is to be slashed because the club cannot afford same as this years budget due to low attendances, that's fine we are a small club and we should live to our means, but NS always blames fans which isn't fair, he says he budgeted for 7,900 fans per every home game, realistically we only get 5-6000! So what does he do then say he's going to put match day tickets up??? I know we need so much money a game to turnover financially but it's going to price people out of coming all together! I don't like ranting but we all work hard for our money and I think £24 plus is going to price the average joe out of coming! I love the vale and financially support them all the time but it's going to get too much soon! Hope Adams stops and vale can work something out better for fans!

Advert

The same old song at Port Vale why do people take clubs on when they dont do proper due dilegence before purchasing.

Looks like all the hard work done by the fans isnt going to see us progress for much longer and back to the old brigades hand to mouth process of working:(

This year has been the best the club has had for years in regards to attendances. I don't see us carrying any pricey players for the league either. I think a certain degree of the problems has been due to a failure to take advantage of potential revenue streams on smurf's part. A club shop that does not stock desirable items in quantity, poor ticket or loyalty offers, catering that remains sub-par etc..

Vale have never averaged 7-8k since the championship and if that's what Smurf wants he should have invested to championship levels this season. Then he could have turned a profit, once TV revenues are accounted for.

We could be quite a lucrative club, but league 1 is not profitable unless you get into the championship.

My thoughts on this are two fold. Firstly, we simply must live within our means. We've been in admin twice due to financial mismanagement etc and I would rather see us relegated than run up unsustainable debts. Secondly, however, something is definitely amiss with the way things are being run, I won't profess to know what or why etc. because I'd only be speculating. Something doesn't sit right at present for me though.

Why doesn't Norman read these posts (well95% of them) and try and put these opinions into operation. I'm sure a 10 minute chat with Micky Cullerton would do him a world of good. Mick's done it, seen it and got the tee shirt.It would have been nice if Mick had offered to step in for three months free of charge and get the club on a sound footing.......Oops I am told that he did that and got shown the door!!!!

Put very simply, Smurthwaite & others ****ed up massively on projected attendances through inexperience and naivety.

He was naive enough to think we'd pull in 7900, and he's away with the fairies to think there's a cat-in-hell's chance of attendances improving between now and May.

What's frustrating (and surprising for someone who is supposedly successful) is that he seems not to have bothered looking at our history of attendances when making these forecasts. He was either suckered by the Burton & Northampton gates, or he really thought that League 1 football was a dramatically bigger attraction than it is.

Now we, the fans, will pay with a severely weakened squad and most likely inexperienced manager.

It will be up to Norman to deliver on his promise that he would leave us in a better state than he found us when he leaves.

I dont think we need a development squad...,never have so theres £300,000 off next years budget straight away...we could possibly offer the better players of that squad a contract to supplement the first team squad on lower wages if we need cover then lets use the 'loan' market there are players who can do jobs for us ie Grimmer, Knott, Cuvellier etc

Surely he wont have to pay Wildes off again (£500,000) so thats another saving, the pitch wont have to be relaid thats another £250k, another club shop thats another £300k so if we can set a more realistic attendance figure more like 5.5k - 6k also get the commercial side working as it should then surely things aren't that bleak

I think he needs to talk up season ticket sales and not be quite so negative in his statements but there are still Fans who just no matter what he says or does who just want him gone!!

There is so many ways to boost the income of the club I just think people ought to give him a chance to see how the balancing act is going to be achieved but constant critiscism isnt going to help!

plus all the top earners.

We all knew the budget would be slashed!

So all the top earners will go!

Perhaps Micky won't stay!

Maybe its what we need, get the youngsters in , with just a few old heads.

Some on here will be glad, JMW lazy, Lines hot and cold,Lofty not interested,etc

Many say we are not good enough for promotion, if that is the case, lets get rid of the deadwood and fringe players.

I think many clubs will be in the same position next season as Fair Play was based on estimates this year, when reality strikes, many will have to reduce their budgets.

TBH I haven't seen too much to worry about in League One apart from the obvious few.

I think we will be OK......UTV

I think he needs to talk up season ticket sales and not be quite so negative in his statements but there are still Fans who just no matter what he says or does who just want him gone!!

John as one of those that I believe you are referring to, I don't want Smurf gone but want him to listen to people, get a good and experienced CEO in place and stop blaming everyone for his mistakes. The man who he sees in the mirror is entirely to blame and no one else. I do think you are correct in trying to talk up the ST sales figure but if he makes a promise he must keep to it!

The problem is very few believe anything that he tells us of late and this is all his doing too!!

Archived