onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bradford 1 Vale 0 - Post Match Discussion

Caz or caz123

Since Smurf came out with his negative statement about Vale, the team have plodded on and got almost enough points for survival this season.The club needs to sort out the stupid delay on signing up the manager.We need stability and its obvious, from the poor performances of late,that the season is going to stutter on until May!Sort it smurf!!!!!!!

Advert

Live in Bradford and just got back.. It was so gutless it was embarrassing!

Griff should have been sent off! Jones limped throughout the whole second half and for the life off me can't understand why he was left on when we made only 1 sub all game!

We had no width and zero height meaning Bradford won everything.

Davies and Grimmer looked good and solid but infront of them we were woeful.

Yates isn't good enough and got taught a lesson by Reach their left mid and people moan about Pope but the service is terrible.

Adams did nothing to change the game and we deserved to lose. Awful performance from a team who think they have clearly done enough this season.

We also concede 3 against Gillingham and 3 against a league 2 team granted over 2 games. I ain't having a pop at Pope but as a Port Vale fan no one player is bigger than the team. Pope needs to be played in the formation that saw us demolish teams last season. Why does Adams insist on playing players out of position, Loft on the right is a waste of our best player. 4-3-3 please Mickey that's the formation that got us promoted so why change? Very frustrated

Stats say we had more efforts on target. Tend to think that it's a mental thing. With 10 mins to go and knowing their record there should have been 3 attacking substitutions, upped the workrate and got at them. Instead of that it's a case lets hang on in there for a nil nil. Can't believe we didn't bring JMW on.

Since Smurf came out with his negative statement about Vale, the team have plodded on and got almost enough points for survival this season.The club needs to sort out the stupid delay on signing up the manager.We need stability and its obvious, from the poor performances of late,that the season is going to stutter on until May!Sort it smurf!!!!!!!

Sorry Elderbezza the tactics on the pitch have nofin to do with the Chair. Or are you saying MA is doin this because of that ?

Stats say we had more efforts on target. Tend to think that it's a mental thing. With 10 mins to go and knowing their record there should have been 3 attacking substitutions, upped the workrate and got at them. Instead of that it's a case lets hang on in there for a nil nil. Can't believe we didn't bring JMW on.

The stats may have said we had more shots on target but if Bradford hadn't won it would have been an injustice!

We struggled to get out of our own half at times!

The thing that baffled me tonight was Dan Jones! He was injured! He shouldn't have played and was very obviously limping. Why Adams didn't bring him off is a complete mystery

Excellent post I blame him for his tactics V's Swindon by switching to 5 in midfield.

Makes his changes he threatend V's Colchester, Jones is not a left midfielder he went hiding doesnt look fit and spends most of his time messing with his socks.

Said before that same is happening this season as last when we only just managed to cross the line. Is it his tactics or is it fittness levels but what ever it is he needs to sort it out.

Ive noticed that with Jones and his socks and you are right about the end of the season

The stats may have said we had more shots on target but if Bradford hadn't won it would have been an injustice!

We struggled to get out of our own half at time!

The thing that baffled me tonigh was Dan Jones! He was injured! He shouldn't have played and was very obviously limping. Why Adams didn't being him off is a complete mystery

I think he looked the same V's Colchester doesnt look match fit at all and limping

I can't remember the last time we were on top at the end of a game OK we were 2 nil up against Colchester but they were all over us and if you are honest they were unlucky

I think he looked the same V's Colchester doesnt look match fit at all and limping

He did that on Saturday, thinks it's just his new swagger to go with his immaculate hair do and lovely clean strip.

Hear him talk before the match and he says right mid is his best position, quote: 'ask anyone in the game'

Dont get it we were under pressure ,certain players were not affecting the game in a positive way yet mastermind Adams leaves them on the pitch.

The only names i heard regularly tonight were loft ,grimmer ,dickinson,pope ,davis and Neal.

That should tell its own story u need 11 players all playing for the shirt not 5/6 .

I dont get it either but I wish he would play to our strengths and go back to 4-3-3.

That performance was an embarrassment to Port Vale Football Club.

Bradford hadn't won at home since September. They had won 1 in 21. They were on the verge of breaking a club record for games without a win.

And we made them look like Barcelona. Gary Jones looked like Xavi.

First off, despite them both playing fairly well, Davis and Grimmer were never going to win any aerial battle with Hanson. Where was Robertson? Injured? He would have been perfect to man mark him, he won every knock down.

Yates was utterly atrocious. He got beaten for pace every time, backed off his man and his distribution was poor. And I like Yates.

Lines has gone off the boil massively, although his 40 yard chip was nice. Griff was good, and continues to prove me wrong, although he probably should have been sent off.

Jones had about 5 touches. Loft is not a wide player.

Pope was ineffectual. Williamson grew into the game and then got subbed.

Why was JMW not brought on? We needed someone to have a go at their defence, Hugill did it straight after coming on and shot straight at the keeper when he should have scored.

Micky seemed intent on getting a 0-0. No one warmed up for the last 20 minutes. Disgrace.

A poor following, though who could blame Vale fans for staying away? A chairman who sounds suicidal, a manager who has, again, ballsed up with subs and tactics, and a crap performance at Shrews.

Really disappointed.

Archived