onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chris Birchall

Samwelo

Am I the only one who wonders what Chris has to do to get a game? I don't think he's had any bad games when he's played, he's picked up assists and can score a few as well. We all know that Chris is a good passer and can put a cross into the box if used as a right sided midfielder, so surely when we've been lacking decent deliveries into the box he should be given a go? I know it's hard to displace loft and lines from the midfield, but we've seen both JMW and Griff aren't guaranteed a place. Thoughts?

Advert

I can only think that it's either his approach in training or that he's already got enough money and has no incentive.

He's still only 29, so he should be able to get fit with the right attitude.

A fit Birchall would make a big difference in centre mid and mean an extra player who can pass the ball and score the odd goal.

It seems we have to many willing to pick up a pay cheque and doing nothing for it. Not doing it in training and so not getting picked by M A .So left with same 11+6 out field subs with the same 3 being dropped or subbed in the match.

He started at Brentford away and looked miles off the pace, got a booking because he was too slow so he had to tread carefully for the rest of the game. Played a lovely ball to Lee Collins to slot home to get us promoted against Northampton last season aside from that i dont think hes an asset.

I was just gonna say he was shocking at Brentford. Not really impressed since he returned. I wouldn't be too sad to see him leave in the summer.

He started at Brentford away and looked miles off the pace, got a booking because he was too slow so he had to tread carefully for the rest of the game. Played a lovely ball to Lee Collins to slot home to get us promoted against Northampton last season aside from that i dont think hes an asset.

It was a great pass to their keeper before Lee intervened!

He has been poor in almost every game since he rejoined. It also shouldn't take him 13 months to get fit at the age of 29.

I think some of the comments are a bit harsh. To say he's been poor since his return is unfair. He had excellent games at both York and Walsall. His game seems to suit away games more because he's gives protection to the full back. He is though, like Dodds, one of Adams's scapegoats who will have a little run of four games and then get dropped for the next eight.

I think some of the comments are a bit harsh. To say he's been poor since his return is unfair. He had excellent games at both York and Walsall. His game seems to suit away games more because he's gives protection to the full back. He is though, like Dodds, one of Adams's scapegoats who will have a little run of four games and then get dropped for the next eight.

Yeah i think very harsh really, i've not seen him have a bad game since he came back really. I would always prefer him in the side at CM than shuker really. I think he has just been unlucky in terms of us having out and mid CMs in Lines, Loft and Griff and not really playing with wingers as such more like 3 up top. In relation to Dodds the guy deserves all the criticism hes gets, he squanders pretty much every chance he has to get a run of games by drifting out of game after game he starts in. There's no place for a 1 in 5 man in this squad or wage budget for that matter

Archived