onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams contract

geosname

Advert

Wasn't he on around 250k at Sheffield? If he is on anything like that here then that cost needs to be taken under control. Oh and I agree with you I think that is exactly what is happening.

That's £5K a week! There is no way on earth he is on that. More than likely half of that.

The manager and a chunk of the players are out of contract at the end of the season... thats not my opinion its a fact

There isnt a contract for adams to sign... thats not my opinion adams and smurf have said exactly the same thing but given different reasons.. smurf.. it isnt fair because of the instability.. adams.. one hasnt been offered after smurf wouldnt honour an agreement.

There is a possibility that some if not all the players out of contract will leave if adams does.

That doesnt seem very stable to me.

Yes but one contributing factor to the doom and gloom apparent in both Norman and Micky is the fact that they both have been the target of abuse by a section of fans. Why is this necessary? There are obvious problems in the club (who expected there not to be though?), which naturally play a part but we as fans should back them both to the hilt for what they've done to transform this club so far.

There seems to be a distinct lack of gratitude by some on here.

Ridiculous, it was clear Smurf didnt like Adams but now its completely obvious. Unbelievable, Adams has been brilliant for vale and should have been offered a new contract long ago. Smurf does seem to contradict himself all the time, at Bristol he apparently saved Adams from the sack yet its actually the other way around. If I was Adams I would find a new club one that he deserves, hes worked through so much **** at vale and worked wonders. Would love him to be vale manager next season but I really cant see it with Smurf around.

I also think that adams staying would be to the benefit of PVFC... not at any cost though... it has to be within reason.

Didn't Smurthwaite say he wasn't sure the Development squad was beneficial or something similar last week? I'm not sure what exactly he said.

I'm sure he is questioning whether it's worth it or not. Only Hugill has really come out of it at the moment. Due to the Neal injury Adams was forced to use him, as Norman wouldn't sanction a loan keeper. As I said previously, if Mickey had the development player budget available for 1st team, I doubt Johnson would have been back-up for this season. We would have signed an experienced backup I feel. Davis only played because of an injury crisis. O'Neill and Lloyd on the bench a few times, but only to make up the numbers. Wouldn't you question whether something you were paying £300k for was beneficial if the manager you currently have doesn't use it? Or given the current manager's contract situation would you see if he leaves and then sign a manager that will use it?

Yes but one contributing factor to the doom and gloom apparent in both Norman and Micky is the fact that they both have been the target of abuse by a section of fans. Why is this necessary? There are obvious problems in the club (who expected there not to be though?), which naturally play a part but we as fans should back them both to the hilt for what they've done to transform this club so far.

There seems to be a distinct lack of gratitude by some on here.

In the present circumstances, given the conflicting, opposing, statements how is it possible to back them both? At least one is not telling the truth.

Personally I would have a doom and gloom attitude if I were chucking shed loads of money at something with no return... or working my nuts off and not being offered a contract... wouldnt you?

In the present circumstances, given the conflicting, opposing, statements how is it possible to back them both? At least one is not telling the truth.

Personally I would have a doom and gloom attitude if I were chucking shed loads of money at something with no return... or working my nuts off and not being offered a contract... wouldnt you?

That's true, all rather baffling. I still think the constant poking and prodding by fans doesn't help though.

That's true, all rather baffling. I still think the constant poking and prodding by fans doesn't help though.

I agree. However this ends, I don't think Smurf comes out of it well. Saying if Mickey gets offered another job he can go? Not offering a new deal? Then Mickey's interview today means he is playing the whole situation very well indeed. He'll probably leave here with his reputation with Vale fans intact, with a lot of evil glances from the fans in Smurf's direction.

I'm sure he is questioning whether it's worth it or not. Only Hugill has really come out of it at the moment. Due to the Neal injury Adams was forced to use him, as Norman wouldn't sanction a loan keeper. As I said previously, if Mickey had the development player budget available for 1st team, I doubt Johnson would have been back-up for this season. We would have signed an experienced backup I feel. Davis only played because of an injury crisis. O'Neill and Lloyd on the bench a few times, but only to make up the numbers. Wouldn't you question whether something you were paying £300k for was beneficial if the manager you currently have doesn't use it? Or given the current manager's contract situation would you see if he leaves and then sign a manager that will use it?

To be fair, the development isnt just intended for this season. The majority in there probably arent good enough this season.

If someone steps into the limelight they have to expect people to look at them, if they say something surely they expect people to listen to them, if they then contradict themselves those people will question them. People dont forget that quickly. The more contradictions there are the more people will look for them and eventually expect them. The thing you have surely noticed is that once people start questioning something they soon question everything.

Sounds like Adams wants to stay to me reading that article, so what's the problem. Why can't Norm offer Micky a contract?

Norm said last week that he didn't want offer him a contract because it wouldn't be fair on Micky? Why? because Norm didn't know if he'd be here himself. Eh?

So where's the commitment to us fans here Norm? If Norm can't even commit to offer Micky at least a 2 year deal, then that must mean he can't see himself being here that long either, doesn't it?

Then today we have Norm saying he's giving Micky a couple of months to see if he can find himself a better challenge first? Eh? Shouldn't getting us into the Championship be a big enough challenge for Micky?

The whole thing stinks & i'm not happy.

Sounds like Adams wants to stay to me reading that article, so what's the problem. Why can't Norm offer Micky a contract?

Norm said last week that he didn't want offer him a contract because it wouldn't be fair on Micky? Why? because Norm didn't know if he'd be here himself. Eh?

So where's the commitment to us fans here Norm? If Norm can't even commit to offer Micky at least a 2 year deal, then that must mean he can't see himself being here that long either, doesn't it?

Then today we have Norm saying he's giving Micky a couple of months to see if he can find himself a better challenge first? Eh? Shouldn't getting us into the Championship be a big enough challenge for Micky?

The whole thing stinks & i'm not happy.

I wonder IF NS has someone else in mind to replace MA.

Why not put the contract on the table and then let MA decide if he agree's with it and sign's it or not?

To be fair, the development isnt just intended for this season. The majority in there probably arent good enough this season.

My point isn't necessarily about whether Adams will use or has used it this season, but whether he would ever use such a thing as a development squad. I don't really think it's his thing being more of an old-school manager. I think he would have much rather had 3 experienced players on the books than 10 players who may or may not 'make it'.

There in lies what I feel is the whole issue surrounding the Smurf/Adams problem. I think the philosophy Smurf wants the club to have is about developing younger players and selling them on, whereas Adams would always prefer to have a squad of experienced players. When it comes to the end of this, that's where I think the relationship will fall down.

Archived