onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams contract

geosname

Advert

I think what we are suffering from is small club syndrome.

Why is OVF in the spotlight so much? Why do the club take on board every negative or derogatory comment made on here?

I don't agree with fans bashing Micky or Norman at all, they saved us and have propelled us to 8th in League 1, with a good squad and a chance of the playoffs and FA Cup progression. But at the same time the club need to be more professional and ignore what is said on here, go about your day without reading the crap that get's posted and concentrate on our current season and our future.

Find me another club where the the board and manager read the fan forum and publicly comment on things said? I'm pretty sure Dario or Steve Davis don't go onto Crewe Alex Mad forum and then take everything that is said personally.

I'll give Micky Adams some assurances.

Whether or not Smurf is still at the club at the end of the season is irrelevant. There will still be a club (as there has been since 1876) with a decent team which Micky has built and a passionate set of fans that love the club.

Sign a new contract and carry on the good work.

Simple

Why is OVF in the spotlight so much? Why do the club take on board every negative or derogatory comment made on here?

I don't agree with fans bashing Micky or Norman at all, they saved us and have propelled us to 8th in League 1, with a good squad and a chance of the playoffs and FA Cup progression. But at the same time the club need to be more professional and ignore what is said on here, go about your day without reading the crap that get's posted and concentrate on our current season and our future.

Find me another club where the the board and manager read the fan forum and publicly comment on things said? I'm pretty sure Dario or Steve Davis don't go onto Crewe Alex Mad forum and then take everything that is said personally.

What has it got to do with OVF?

Adams is responding to what his chairman said at a SC meeting

This is why Micky feels relaxed - he'll have no trouble finding a club that wants him.

How do you know that for sure.

Once again we have people reading into this and put there perspective on it.

If MA says he is not bothered then I belive him, if NS says what he says then I beleive him as well. Maybe the both of them are throwing curve balls on purose.

This is why Micky feels relaxed - he'll have no trouble finding a club that wants him.

A contract should be on the table if Smurthwaite intends to be around next season. If the terms aren't what Micky Adams has in mind, then he doesn't sign but the club and MA know where they stand and we can start working on what is to happen next season then (very reluctantly from my point of view but there you go).

Without a plan we're already in the bottom 4 struggling before the season has kicked off. We'll just be in disarray.

Such confusion (disarray) will not help convince players to sign,renew contract's,ditto MA.

Maybe IF the club had a proper PR bod then at least any reports coming out would be on the same song sheet.This is madness.It needs sorting soon,well before ST prices are announced or ST sale's could be affected(hope not)But fan's will want to know something about the squad/management team before they pay out for their ST.I will be getting a ST anyway.But for some times are hard,money is short.These people need convincing it is well with parting with their hard earned.

I'll give Micky Adams some assurances.

Whether or not Smurf is still at the club at the end of the season is irrelevant. There will still be a club (as there has been since 1876) with a decent team which Micky has built and a passionate set of fans that love the club.

Sign a new contract and carry on the good work.

Simple

Didnt smurf say he wasnt offering one because it would be unfair?

Didnt adams say there wasnt a contract on the table?

Where is the stability?

As in a settled manager & squad, and a chairman that's trying his best and needs time to get to grips with the job. Some don't seem content with that. The fact is we wouldn't have the first clue on how to run a club or manage a football team, doesn't stop us all being know-it-alls though, does it?.

Why is OVF in the spotlight so much?

You are the only person to mention OVF in this thread.Where else is OVF mentioned in the report?

How do you know that other club's do not pay attention to what is said on their forum's.Do you read every forum of every club?

As in a settled manager & squad, and a chairman that's trying his best and needs time to get to grips with the job. Some don't seem content with that. The fact is we wouldn't have the first clue on how to run a club or manage a football team, doesn't stop us all being know-it-alls though, does it?.

The manager and a chunk of the players are out of contract at the end of the season... thats not my opinion its a fact

There isnt a contract for adams to sign... thats not my opinion adams and smurf have said exactly the same thing but given different reasons.. smurf.. it isnt fair because of the instability.. adams.. one hasnt been offered after smurf wouldnt honour an agreement.

There is a possibility that some if not all the players out of contract will leave if adams does.

That doesnt seem very stable to me.

You'd think having a manager in place might be one of the basics though wouldn't you? And a relatively successful one at that.

It's worrying either way - either Smurthwaite doesn't think he'll be here or if he does stay he doesn't think this is important.

If Smurthwaite has all this hand and has a plan, he won't care less about other peoples opinions...as Adams mentions in the Sentinel.

Archived