onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams contract

geosname

I do love your positive outlook on life' date=' surely you must have had a boss you got on well with that ****** you off on occasion, i've had two :)[/quote']

Ironic opinion it may have been but that doesnt detract from conflicting statements from both sides.

The answer to your question is no I havent, If I didnt like the boss, fellow workers or the job I left and got another. The rest of the time I had the best boss I could possibly wish for, gave me everything I wanted when I wanted it with no argument whatsoever... thats the beauty of being self employed :yes:

Advert

A big gamble by Norman.

My guess is that Norman has offered Micky a new contract, but on less than the ridiculous (alleged) contract he is on now, courtesy of the Bratt pack survival effort. Micky would stay but wants a deal at least the same as he is on now. My guess is that Norman is gambling that Micky will not be offered a better deal than he has done and is gambling that Micky will end up taking what he is offering him.

Only my guess as to what is going on.

That would be the sensible thing to do but wouldn't stop the misery which loves company! ;)

I can see why this thread may be a concern to some. On the one hand people have said that adams is the best manager for the vale and should be given a contract ASAP and on the other they believe smurf is honest. Given recent statements by both parties quoted its seems impossible to reconcile the differing statements regarding the contract... but Im sure it will soon be explained... its OVFs fault [thats already been offered]... keyboard warriors [already been offered]... adams didnt say it the report has been made up... its not smurf is someones/anyones fault bar his.

If people dont want to discuss the topic dont open it, let the people who do get on with it

A big gamble by Norman.

My guess is that Norman has offered Micky a new contract, but on less than the ridiculous (alleged) contract he is on now, courtesy of the Bratt pack survival effort. Micky would stay but wants a deal at least the same as he is on now. My guess is that Norman is gambling that Micky will not be offered a better deal than he has done and is gambling that Micky will end up taking what he is offering him.

That would be a normal explanation..probably an acceptable one. I don't think this is the case though, but then that's only my opinion too.

So many conflicting / confusing reports hardly lead to positive thought's.

Let's hope we get the right result tonight - failure to do so may have further reaching consequences?

Nothing is guaranteed in football. If I'm honest I don't know who to believe be it Micky or Smurf, what I can say is that both have put us in a far healthier position than the previous scum and incompetent (or mad in 'James Gannon's Case) managers

A big gamble by Norman.

Wasn't he on around 250k at Sheffield? If he is on anything like that here then that cost needs to be taken under control. Oh and I agree with you I think that is exactly what is happening.

I've said it for the last 12 months, in my opinion, Micky won't be our manager at the start of next season. Believe it or not, that does disappoint me. I have been a critic in the past but felt over the last few months we've seen the return of the pre-Sheffield Micky in press conferences etc and he has made me eat humble pie with regards to his tactics on a number of occasions.

This isn't just the problem with losing Micky however. Will players such as Lines, Dicko, Neal sign contracts with the managers future up in the air? Hell, will they even be offered contracts before it's too late?

From reading those sentinel articles, particularly Mickys comments regarding Wildes/Bristol Rovers, I think it's clear all is not well between Smurf and Micky.

I expect that next season only one of them will be at the club and quite possibly neither.

Let's hope we get the right result tonight - failure to do so may have further reaching consequences?

Nothing is guaranteed in football. If I'm honest I don't know who to believe be it Micky or Smurf, what I can say is that both have put us in a far healthier position than the previous scum and incompetent (or mad in 'James Gannon's Case) managers

Yes win tonight will be great,it will ease tension's.The extra money will come in very useful for the financial side of the club.Both MA & NS have played an important part of the club's recent history and both should be commended for what they have done.

We really need to do away with so many conflicting reports though.

No chairman offers to let their manager go for virtually nothing if they feel like he's the man to take the club forward in the long-term.

I don't think Norman believes Mickey is the man for the job to develop the team. The movements made towards the development squad and promises of investment in the youth system suggest he wants someone else to come in. Aside from this season when he's been almost forced into it, I can't really think of a time with Adams in charge that we've attempted to bring young players through into the first team. I'm sure given the opportunity of spending the £300k development squad budget on that or the first team, Mickey would have brought in two/three more experienced players. That's not a slight on Mickey, that's his style and fair play to him as it works for him. It just seems to me that Smurf and Mickey don't see eye to eye on several issues. With a budget cut looming (and rightly so, given the fact we're losing money) I can't see Adams staying past the end of the season

Wasn't he on around 250k at Sheffield? If he is on anything like that here then that cost needs to be taken under control. Oh and I agree with you I think that is exactly what is happening.

A fair point.But NS has stated that MA was one of the reason's he bought the club (main asset)

No chairman offers to let their manager go for virtually nothing if they feel like he's the man to take the club forward in the long-term.

I don't think Norman believes Mickey is the man for the job to develop the team. The movements made towards the development squad and promises of investment in the youth system suggest he wants someone else to come in. Aside from this season when he's been almost forced into it, I can't really think of a time with Adams in charge that we've attempted to bring young players through into the first team. I'm sure given the opportunity of spending the £300k development squad budget on that or the first team, Mickey would have brought in two/three more experienced players. That's not a slight on Mickey, that's his style and fair play to him as it works for him. It just seems to me that Smurf and Mickey don't see eye to eye on several issues. With a budget cut looming (and rightly so, given the fact we're losing money) I can't see Adams staying past the end of the season

Didn't Smurthwaite say he wasn't sure the Development squad was beneficial or something similar last week? I'm not sure what exactly he said.

From what i've heard (read into that what you will), Adams was on around £75k first time round, then was on £250k at Sheff Utd, then returned to us on a £125k contract.

Ridiculous, it was clear Smurf didnt like Adams but now its completely obvious. Unbelievable, Adams has been brilliant for vale and should have been offered a new contract long ago. Smurf does seem to contradict himself all the time, at Bristol he apparently saved Adams from the sack yet its actually the other way around. If I was Adams I would find a new club one that he deserves, hes worked through so much **** at vale and worked wonders. Would love him to be vale manager next season but I really cant see it with Smurf around.

Archived