onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams contract

geosname

Strange situation. Smurthwaite said the other week he wouldn't offer a contract, now there is one on the table all of a sudden? Is this a new development this week? Has he shown Micky Adams where the table is?

It's like the pair don't communicate. It's either - there is no contract, the contract on offer is an insult to Adams and the job he has done or Adams does in fact want to leave whilst his stock is high and not affected by budget cuts or owners walking out.

Its going to be a big summer. Lets hope it's a good one on all counts.

You're funny LV :yes: x

Advert

Strange situation. Smurthwaite said the other week he wouldn't offer a contract, now there is one on the table all of a sudden? Is this a new development this week? Has he shown Micky Adams where the table is?

It's like the pair don't communicate. It's either - there is no contract, the contract on offer is an insult to Adams and the job he has done or Adams does in fact want to leave whilst his stock is high and not affected by budget cuts or owners walking out.

Maybe Lodey forgot to put the table out,forgot where he put the table,couldn't find a pen,couldn't co ordinate a table,a pen,paper work to all be in the same place at the same time. ;)

According to today's The Times sport section, MA is claiming not to know where he stands regarding a new contract and that this is: "casting a cloud over the cup game!" I realise that The Daily Express has also previously run a similar article and wonder whether it is mischief-making by the newspapers, or Mickey cleverly putting himself not only in the 'shop window nationally, but also piling a bit of not too subtle pressure on The Smurf? Difficult to tell from this distance, what, exactly the truth is, but one thing's for sure, it needs to be sorted sooner rather than later! other thoughts please?

It's called working your ticket. Adams feels strong and is doing the best foe Adams. I for one don't blame him.

It's called working your ticket. Adams feels strong and is doing the best foe Adams. I for one don't blame him.

You may well be right,its something I have myself thought about.But that don't tie in with NS he didn't want to offer MA a contract at this time as it wouldn't be fair to do so.

If this contractual stalemate with 14 players and our manager goes on into the summer we are on trouble.

This needed sorting in the next couple of months. If Smurf thinks these key players are going to wait until the summer, he's in for a huge shock. Their agents will be already lining up moves as we speak.

Season Ticket sales could be interesting.

And NS is doing what he believes best for PVFC to live within its means next season. I for one think that is the way forward.

I believe MA is on an over inflated contract that we simply cannot afford! I would imagine a contract has been offered far less than his current salary and this is all agent hype putting the feelers out.

And NS is doing what he believes best for PVFC to live within its means next season. I for one think that is the way forward.

I believe MA is on an over inflated contract that we simply cannot afford! I would imagine a contract has been offered far less than his current salary and this is all agent hype putting the feelers out.

I don't see that it is anything to do with agents at this time.All quotes are coming from both NS & MA.

You are bang on there.

Mickey will want the same pay, or more.

Smurf being a smart business man realises that a wage increase is out of the question and would like Mickey to settle for less.

I believe that the majority of fans would like Mickey to stay and think that he deserves to retain the same amount.

Come on Smurf, get it settled to get a positive attitude in the dressing room and club.

Smurf get MA's contract on his desk on Monday morning.

Show you are serious. No MA's and we will be losing loads of players. The players have all said they came to Vale because of MA's.

Loose him and you will loose the fans support and season ticket sales will drop.

Archived