onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cash crisis?

PVFC1

Advert

A lot of clubs suffer a cash crisis just before Xmas, we played Stevenage with a tiny pay on the day crowd and played Salisbury with half the reduced ticket funds going to the away side so I'm not surprised that we are a bit tight at the moment more than we normally would expect.

It could be simply a case of saying we will pay in the New Year once the two home games have been played which should see good income with two decent crowds expected including decent away followings. We don't know that's the case but it's a flip side of the coin rather than assuming the worst without any explanation as yet.

If we beat Plymouth and pull out a money spinner no doubt financially we will be looking far better but Norm needs to come out and explain the article. It's odd that it's appeared in the People of all places yet no one else reported it more locally.

I know that protected the ground from being knocked down but not sure if he could sell the club for a low fee but keep the ground in his name and rent it to the new owners on a lease.

I said this a couple of months ago but got accused of "scaremongering". :)

Norman could quite easily separate the club from the ground if he so wished. If he was that desperate (because he couldn't get a buyer with all the money upfront?) he could sell the club, to say Bratt or whoever for a £1, keep the ground, but charge £500k a year rent until he gets all his money back. Then either keep charging more rent year on year, or sell the ground back to us.

Hows about that for a bit of scaremongering then. :unsure: :blink:

Norman could quite easily separate the club from the ground if he so wished. If he was that desperate (because he couldn't get a buyer with all the money upfront?) he could sell the club, to say Bratt or whoever for a £1, keep the ground, but charge £500k a year rent until he gets all his money back. Then either keep charging more rent year on year, or sell the ground back to us.

Happens with a few clubs doesn't it? Bradford pay 1 million a year in rent!

You must be one of those in the know?:notworthy:

I seem to remember there are now FL regulations preventing this from happening.

That was my thought too. Most of the stories in those pages come from agents.

I'd image so otherwise it would have made local news before the people so an agent seems the most likely source which then hopefully suggests it's been blown out of proportion to make a story.

(1) When in modern history, have we consistently achieved attendances like we had for the Burton game? Never, so you're dreaming if you think that is possible.

(2) It isn't people on here spreading rumours, the story came from a national newspaper.

(3) You may not give a stuff what league Stoke are in, but a whole generation of potential young fans will do, and are more likely to be tempted by Premier League football.

(4) How have fans shot themselves in the foot? They are responding to a worrying story in the national press and that shows they are behind the CLUB, not simply one man.

That one man saved our club now it seems like there is agenda to blame him for everything the man is trying his best cut him some slack and get behind him.

That one man saved our club now it seems like there is agenda to blame him for everything the man is trying his best cut him some slack and get behind him.

I'm very grateful for all he has done. But by his own admission, the club is losing money. I just want him to swallow his pride, accept some assistance and get the club back on an even keel. It is worrying that from being debt free only 12 months ago, we are now cash strapped. Does that not worry you? Or would you rather simply ignore it until it's too late?

If we beat Plymouth and pull out a money spinner no doubt financially we will be looking far better but Norm needs to come out and explain the article. It's odd that it's appeared in the People of all places yet no one else reported it more locally.

Is the People part of the same newspaper group as the Sentinel?

I'm very grateful for all he has done. But by his own admission, the club is losing money. I just want him to swallow his pride, accept some assistance and get the club back on an even keel. It is worrying that from being debt free only 12 months ago, we are now cash strapped. Does that not worry you? Or would you rather simply ignore it until it's too late?

Cheeky, the voice of reason. Complain about performances, complain about the way the club is run.

Why don't you buy Vale? So what Smurf has overspent, he's done a great job for this club. He said he won't invest £1 million next year so we may have to cut our cloth.

The bloke has done more for this club than any armchair critic on here and I fully support him.

Thank you Smurf!

Archived