onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cash crisis?

PVFC1

When the Council bailed us out, wasn't there some protective covenant put on the ground? I can't remember exactly. Either way, I would imagine the company that own the club, also own it's assets.

I know that protected the ground from being knocked down but not sure if he could sell the club for a low fee but keep the ground in his name and rent it to the new owners on a lease.

Advert

What we need is more fans to attend the matches instead of moaning and spreading rumours on here. The last two seasons with smurf have been the best entertainment home and away that we have had for many a year now get behind the man and show him what the vale means to us all because if you don't it may just be the end of the vale.We do not want any ex director to come back they made a pigs ear of it last time so get out of your armchairs and do what our fantastic away support does and get behind the club we all love before you lose it forever.

From the people who have posted on this thread, I would say 90% attend matches, a lot both home and away. Attendances are what they are. They weren't a great deal better when we were in the Championship in the 90's. Since then, Stoke have become a Premier League club and we have lost the chance in attracting a whole generation of fans. So, where do you expect these extra fans to come from?

I know that protected the ground from being knocked down but not sure if he could sell the club for a low fee but keep the ground in his name and rent it to the new owners on a lease.

That rings a bell with me. Without knowing the agreement with the Council, I wouldn't like to speculate what can and can't be done.

That rings a bell with me. Without knowing the agreement with the Council, I wouldn't like to speculate what can and can't be done.

I remember something similar, wasn't it about the ground/area to be mainly used for football and can't be sold for development eg for houses or supermarkets.

I'd like to see Smurf answer this newspaper article.

Well they certainly come to the burton game last season so they are out there somewhere but it does not help when people on here keep moaning and groaning and spreading rumours on here.I could not give a stuff what league stoke are in not interested at all what I am bothered about is so called vale fans shooting themselves in the foot instead of being behind the club that I have loved for nearly 60 years now.

Well they certainly come to the burton game last season so they are out there somewhere but it does not help when people on here keep moaning and groaning and spreading rumours on here.I could not give a stuff what league stoke are in not interested at all what I am bothered about is so called vale fans shooting themselves in the foot instead of being behind the club that I have loved for nearly 60 years now.

Typical head in the sand blame the fans tripe. Why can you not see that NS is not up to the job but is too stubborn to admit it

Typical head in the sand blame the fans tripe. Why can you not see that NS is not up to the job but is too stubborn to admit it

This thread could go on forever and a day I for one have no confidence in smurf whatsoever but that's my opinion , think we need something from the man himself

(1) Well they certainly come to the burton game last season so they are out there somewhere but (2) it does not help when people on here keep moaning and groaning and spreading rumours on here.(3) I could not give a stuff what league stoke are in not interested at all (4) what I am bothered about is so called vale fans shooting themselves in the foot instead of being behind the club that I have loved for nearly 60 years now.

(1) When in modern history, have we consistently achieved attendances like we had for the Burton game? Never, so you're dreaming if you think that is possible.

(2) It isn't people on here spreading rumours, the story came from a national newspaper.

(3) You may not give a stuff what league Stoke are in, but a whole generation of potential young fans will do, and are more likely to be tempted by Premier League football.

(4) How have fans shot themselves in the foot? They are responding to a worrying story in the national press and that shows they are behind the CLUB, not simply one man.

Archived