onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Referees?

ollyandpatch

As an ex ref who spent 5 years at semi pro level, and someone who will always give the ref the benefit of the doubt, I am beginning to struggle with some of the goings on lately !

The 4th officials are now active, so you would think between them all they would call more decisions right than wrong.

Graham Salisbury on Saturday, who is as experienced as they come had a shocker in my eyes, and last nights mistaken identity was a joke.

Rant over.

You are right about Saturday but last night neither I nor the Radio Stoke commentary team I was listening to had an idea of who the player was so to level an proportion of blame at the 4th official in that case is unfair.

Mistakes do happen such as these, thankfully they are few and far between.

Advert

Shocking decision cost us the game on paper!

To be fair the players and their woeful performances (Lines aside) against a class and resillient side cost us the game. To blame anyone else is not fair.

The referee it seems clarly got it wrong but that didn't cost us the game, the decision should have helped us, its just a shame we played 8 v 10 virtually all game!

I'm sure that REP will come on and explain everything with his usual trite, banal bull****. Thankfully, I've got the boring bellcheddar on Ignore:boring:

Shame that as you won't have seen my parkling responses! ;)

Still as you are obsessed with me and feel the need to bring me into the debate its strange that you have put me on ignore, then again thanks to your personal and erratic abuse one good turn (worse than a Griff turn if the truth is to be known) deserves another! ;)

The Preston players did absolute nothing to help the situation. I just hope Garner doesn't complain when he gets wrongly sent off in the future due to poor refereeing. You can't have it both ways. I'd love to know what was said to the ref on the pitch by Kilkenny and the other Preston players.

Spot on, though I do think the referee has to take 99.9% of the blame.

The FA need to get to grips with players surrounding the referee, that would take the heat out of a pressurised situation, still no excuse if he really has made a howler like that though.

Incidentally, interesting that the refs for the last two Stoke games have both been suspended for crap decisions in the Potters' favour. ;)

They have benefitted on at least four occasions from effectively wrong decisions this season adn Hughes has supported each one of those, be interesting to see what happens when things start to go against his team.

Managers need to be more honest in Adams' mould like Savage said about Hughes & Mourinho and help situations, not simply lambast officials when things go against their teams.

Saturday's referee will be Michael Naylor from South Yorkshire. He did our 3-2 win over Coventry earlier in the season.

He was also the man in the middle when we beat Burton 2-1 just after Adams left for Sheffield United. Although from memory the Burton defender Darren Moore was refereeing that match, not him.

Interesting situation with regard to the sending off. Kilkenny is a Bristol City player and because PNE are playing Bristol on Saturday he would not be eligible to play anyway. I also suspect he won't be able to play in PNE's cup tie the following week either so if he is supended it will effectively only be for one game and Preston will continue to have the services of their top scorer.

If, however, Preston fail to appeal a case of mistaken identity - and how can they claim they didn't know! - then the club can face sanction. The FA rules say:

g) If, despite the fact that evidence clearly shows that there is a case of mistaken identity, a

Club does not lodge a claim within the specified time limits, The Association reserves the

right within seven days of the alleged misconduct to request a Regulatory Commission to

review the matter.

(h) A Club failing to lodge a claim for mistaken identity may be charged with Misconduct by

The Association if there is evidence that the Club sought to gain an advantage by remaining

silent on the matter.

What the outcome of such an investigation would be, who knows, but I wouldn't rule out points deduction!

There is no excuse these days for sending off ther wrong player as surely one of the other three officials saw what was going on

The linesman was about 3 mtrs away.Two players involved and both wearing different coloured shirts.But still managed to get it wrong.

You are right about Saturday but last night neither I nor the Radio Stoke commentary team I was listening to had an idea of who the player was so to level an proportion of blame at the 4th official in that case is unfair.

Mistakes do happen such as these, thankfully they are few and far between.

The linesman was about 3 mtrs away,no one else really close.How could the clown get that wrong?

Refs are human, hence they're fallible and will never get every decision correct. I'm surprised on tv replays just how many they do get right given the speed of the modern game.

Bottom line is no refs no game.

Gutted by the mistaken identity last night, guy should have been man enough to admit he was the culprit once the red card had been produced.

Interesting situation with regard to the sending off. Kilkenny is a Bristol City player and because PNE are playing Bristol on Saturday he would not be eligible to play anyway. I also suspect he won't be able to play in PNE's cup tie the following week either so if he is supended it will effectively only be for one game and Preston will continue to have the services of their top scorer.

If, however, Preston fail to appeal a case of mistaken identity - and how can they claim they didn't know! - then the club can face sanction. The FA rules say:

g) If, despite the fact that evidence clearly shows that there is a case of mistaken identity, a

Club does not lodge a claim within the specified time limits, The Association reserves the

right within seven days of the alleged misconduct to request a Regulatory Commission to

review the matter.

(h) A Club failing to lodge a claim for mistaken identity may be charged with Misconduct by

The Association if there is evidence that the Club sought to gain an advantage by remaining

silent on the matter.

What the outcome of such an investigation would be, who knows, but I wouldn't rule out points deduction!

Don't really see how they can NOT appeal.They were arguing at the time saying the wrong players was sent off.

The only reason I can think of is that they are trying to gain an advantage,which in turn would be misconduct.

Refs are human, hence they're fallible and will never get every decision correct. I'm surprised on tv replays just how many they do get right given the speed of the modern game.

Bottom line is no refs no game.

Gutted by the mistaken identity last night, guy should have been man enough to admit he was the culprit once the red card had been produced.

In which case add an extra 2 games to his ban.

review the matter.

silent on the matter.

According to the BBC, they are going to appeal against the red card and also against any awarding of a red card to Garner, Sky also expect the appeal to take place tomorrow.

According to the BBC, they are going to appeal against the red card and also against any awarding of a red card to Garner, Sky also expect the appeal to take place tomorrow.

IF they get the red card reminded and nothing happen's to Garner then that would be disgraceful.Garner knew exactly what had happened its got to be misconduct.

Archived