onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Referees?

ollyandpatch

As an ex ref who spent 5 years at semi pro level, and someone who will always give the ref the benefit of the doubt, I am beginning to struggle with some of the goings on lately !

The 4th officials are now active, so you would think between them all they would call more decisions right than wrong.

Graham Salisbury on Saturday, who is as experienced as they come had a shocker in my eyes, and last nights mistaken identity was a joke.

Rant over.

Advert

There is something about referees in this division and how bad they seem to be. If I remember rightly a few years back against Oldham the ref gave a back pass against us for a clear defensive tackle. Making a wrong decision here and there is part of the game but it is true that he sent the wrong man off last nite then thats a serious breach of his duties and he has to be removed.

As an ex ref who spent 5 years at semi pro level, and someone who will always give the ref the benefit of the doubt, I am beginning to struggle with some of the goings on lately !

The 4th officials are now active, so you would think between them all they would call more decisions right than wrong.

Graham Salisbury on Saturday, who is as experienced as they come had a shocker in my eyes, and last nights mistaken identity was a joke.

Rant over.

I'm sure that REP will come on and explain everything with his usual trite, banal bull****. Thankfully, I've got the boring bellcheddar on Ignore:boring:

absolute joke. sent the wrong flamin man off. and also to rub salt in the wound.. it was the guy who scored who smacked griff..

and this might be me being daft but did preston have 4 subs?? they had 2 in the first half.. i was pretty sure they had one around 65 when we brought on tomlin? and they had another sub just after we brought hughes on.. i may be wrong though..

the ref did one thing right by sending of there player.. and he couldnt do that right because he sent the wrong guy of haha

Arnt the refs ment to get better when we go up a league?? they have got worse since we have got back in league one :(

The Preston players did absolute nothing to help the situation. I just hope Garner doesn't complain when he gets wrongly sent off in the future due to poor refereeing. You can't have it both ways. I'd love to know what was said to the ref on the pitch by Kilkenny and the other Preston players.

The referee who gave the phantom sending off last night is the brother of the referee who gave a phantom penalty to Stoke at Swansea a couple of weeks ago.

Medley is not only their surname but an appropriate adverb for how they officiate matches.

absolute joke. sent the wrong flamin man off. and also to rub salt in the wound.. it was the guy who scored who smacked griff..

and this might be me being daft but did preston have 4 subs?? they had 2 in the first half.. i was pretty sure they had one around 65 when we brought on tomlin? and they had another sub just after we brought hughes on.. i may be wrong though..

the ref did one thing right by sending of there player.. and he couldnt do that right because he sent the wrong guy of haha

Arnt the refs ment to get better when we go up a league?? they have got worse since we have got back in league one :(

Strange that you said that I also thought they made 4 subs. Davies off in the first half, then one same time as Tomlin and 2 towards the end of the half. Sure one must have not happened but odd someone else thought the same.

I belive the linesman 'gave' the red for at least 5 punches on griff, so surely he must have said to the ref number 14 violent conduct red. So how on earth he sent off the wrong man I do not know.

The referee who gave the phantom sending off last night is the brother of the referee who gave a phantom penalty to Stoke at Swansea a couple of weeks ago.

Medley is not only their surname but an appropriate adverb for how they officiate matches.

It's Madley not Medley but nice try Santa! Last night's ref is also the one who reffed the Capital One Cup game at Deepdale against Blackpool back in August. Preston won with a late, very dodgy goal and there was almost a riot with a steward getting trampled by the police horses that had to go on the pitch. Paul Ince got into trouble with the FA for comments he made after the game.

Incidentally, interesting that the refs for the last two Stoke games have both been suspended for crap decisions in the Potters' favour. ;)

Strange that you said that I also thought they made 4 subs. Davies off in the first half, then one same time as Tomlin and 2 towards the end of the half. Sure one must have not happened but odd someone else thought the same.

I belive the linesman 'gave' the red for at least 5 punches on griff, so surely he must have said to the ref number 14 violent conduct red. So how on earth he sent off the wrong man I do not know.

im glad someone else thought the same, they did make 4. must of. they made 2 in the first half on something like 25 mins in.. and made one more or less the same time as tomlin.. and then in injury time. the ref had a nightmare! although i think thats a understatement! no excuses for 4 subs (thats if there was) and sending the wrong guy of!

what happened with the subs preston went to take one player off in the first half as the player got to the touch line they changed there mind and the forth official put up another players number.

did they? fair enough then.. new there wouldf be a good reason if it wasnt then the ref needs to ref no bl**dy league!

Archived