onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

It's gone in.

For Us All

Advert

To be honest, looking at the video at full speed from that angle I can totally understand her decision. Eventually made the right one after consulting the assistants. Good on her. The opposition players trying to intimidate her when it is likely they would have seen it go in deserve far more criticism.

I suppose this proves it doesn't make a difference whether male or female official!

Exeter v Halifax from 2006.

Luckily it gets stuck in on the rebound but wasn't give on the original shot.

I can understand the fans and players frustrations but I've seen and heard of male refs giving far worse decisions than that(had she not given the goal in the end), although to me it's pretty obvious it goes in.

Kidderminster's ground staff are to blame for not checking the nets!

Why would it of made a difference if it was a male or a female ref?i dont see how it was her fault that their nets were broken. A.the ground staff should of checked them and B.the assistant refs should also of checked them

What I was trying to say was I have seen this sort of incident about 5 times, and on all others the ref has stubbornly stuck to his first decision, where On this occasion she took her time and reversed her original decision, and got it right !!

To be honest, looking at the video at full speed from that angle I can totally understand her decision. Eventually made the right one after consulting the assistants. Good on her. The opposition players trying to intimidate her when it is likely they would have seen it go in deserve far more criticism.

Spot on. The defenders knew it had gone in and their complaints were appalling, especially as they were 2-0 up anyway.

I've never seen a linesman check the nets properly and thoroughly. They just pull a few bits here and there and run off to the line to get the game underway. The club should ensure they are fine - they've had all week to check them.

Good on the ref - the right decision was made eventually.

Even better try Youtubing the Barnet v Cambridge game where a Barnet fan with a smoke bomb ended up costing his team victory after they had a last minute goal chalked off. Goes to highlight the entirely pointless nature of such items.

That's an interesting one.

To be honest, I'm not sure that the smoke bomb made THAT much difference to the difficulty of the decision.

When the ball is in the air at that height, it's nigh-on impossible to know for certain whether the whole of the ball is behind or in front of the line.

A freak incident and, considering the uncertainty, I presume the correct decision was made.

What I was trying to say was I have seen this sort of incident about 5 times, and on all others the ref has stubbornly stuck to his first decision, where On this occasion she took her time and reversed her original decision, and got it right !!

that wasnt a dig at you pal, it was a dig at the idiot on the clip

Archived