onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Football Swindon 5 Port Vale2 - Post Match Discussion

RayWalkers40yarder

I can tell you this much for free. Arthur will not be happy with that performance. He's paid 25 quid and no one looked interested. All Arthur wants is an honest performance. It wasn't there today. He will not be happy. I hope it doesn't ruin his Saturday night.

I agree pv89 25 pound admission plus fuel plus parking plus ale plus fags to watch what at times was no better than u will see down park in morning

Advert

15 games into the new league, and somebody beats us fair and square....GET OVER IT !!!!!!!

this is something thats been there quite apparent for ages, even last season, our defence was gash its a wonder we got promoted

yes they did have 2 strikers who are better than league 1, but IMO we wouldnt have half the problems weve got if we had a decent defence, we dont, so get over that !

I didn't go. It sounds from Mickys interview the defence backed off, which has been a problem for the last few years, and that's because we haven't had a pacey centre back for the last few years.

Saying that, lack of pace alone doesn't make a centre back poor and I don't agree with singling out Chilvers. He was our best centre half, second half of last season and the defence has looked better in general, as a unit, with him in the side. One swallow doesn't make a summer; we'll win some, we'll lose some. I can live with that and if we carry one as we are, we'll finish mid table which will have to be classed as a good season.

As you say it is how they play as a unit is what counts, faster better players are in the Championship.

Not sure I understand your post. You defend the defence, but then finish with saying we need new defenders. Strange.

What im saying is that we know our defence needs improving , ie another CB bringing in , but we cant do this at the moment . The defence that played so 5HITE today though ,and who some fans all of a sudden want rid of , is the same defence that has got us up to 9th in the league. comprende

this is something thats been there quite apparent for ages, even last season, our defence was gash its a wonder we got promoted

yes they did have 2 strikers who are better than league 1, but IMO we wouldnt have half the problems weve got if we had a decent defence, we dont, so get over that !

What 'problems' do we really have thought? We're 12th. Where did you realistically think we'd be at this stage? It's not like we're cut adrift at the bottom of the table, is it? Now THAT would be a problem.

The brain dead always crawl out from under their rock once we have a bad result.

Well you never went to the match or if you did you were watching a different match. Dodds ran around like a headless chicken didn't tackle anyone and had no idea where he was playing. If he plays 1 more game for the Vale it's one too many. He needs to find a new career because he is garbage at this one.

TBH we were embarrassing Loft put a shift in and the right side defensively second half were awful. Yates very poor as well and the triple substitutions were frankly bizarre what system we were playing and who where I couldn't tell you.

The referee was poor for both sides and it'll be interesting to see the Hughes incident.

I went the game and in the first half dodds made 3 tackles at least. More than griff. The point stands. Griffs job is to tackle, which he didn't do.

What im saying is that we know our defence needs improving , ie another CB bringing in , but we cant do this at the moment . The defence that played so 5HITE today though ,and who some fans all of a sudden want rid of , is the same defence that has got us up to 9th in the league. comprende

Is it the defence that's got us there or the fact our goal scoring has got us out of jail?

What 'problems' do we really have thought? We're 12th. Where did you realistically think we'd be at this stage? It's not like we're cut adrift at the bottom of the table, is it? Now THAT would be a problem.

The brain dead always crawl out from under their rock once we have a bad result.

Did you go? It's very easy to sit on your high horse when you haven't got the frustration of the game influencing what you post.

Firstly, why not try typing in the bit that is for your message and not writing the whole thing in the title bit.

Secondly, who said I was panicking? I'm just annoyed we rolled over and had our bellys tickled! Is that ok? Am I allowed to talk about my frustrations on the game on the after match thread?

TBH there aren't many players the class of Ranger and N'Guessan in this league. We've looked fragile against better forwards and today was no exception.

Oh well, put it behind us - we only play them twice this season. Unless we beat Shortwood and draw them in the Cup of course.

I went the game and in the first half dodds made 3 tackles at least. More than griff. The point stands. Griffs job is to tackle, which he didn't do.

He didn't make 1 tackle in the 2nd half tried a chip over the keeper which cleared the bar and the only other time he touched the ball he fell over it. In fact he should be arrested for a crime against the trade descriptions act because in no way was he a footballer by trade today.

Archived